Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darryl Lict
Mar 17, 2009

Noricae posted:

I find those containers to be fairly expensive. I use sandwich bags, fill them halfway, flatten them into thin pancakes, stack them and freeze them. It's much more compact and a cheaper (and less waste generating) way of freezing sauces, blanched vegetables, pesto, tomato sauce, etc. Spread them thin enough that you can just break off hunks for use easily. For making premade lunches that you take & go the containers are good though.
I buy bulk deli containers from Smart & Final. They are a lot cheaper than say Ziploc containers and have the enormous advantage of having the same size lid for 16, 8, and 4 ounce containers, so no searching for the right size lid. I haven't used a Tupperware in years! Here's a photo of similar containers from Amazon (ignore larger diameter containers):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darryl Lict
Mar 17, 2009
I normally buy my vegetables at the Mexican market, Costco, or the farmers market. Lately I've been going to the 99 Cent Only Store 'cause good god, everything is only a buck and is by far the cheapest anywhere in town. The selection is random, but usable, and I can always find a bunch of stuff to my liking.

Darryl Lict
Mar 17, 2009

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I've never heard of a 99 cent store with vegetables, where is this?

Santa Barbara, in uh, California. I got a pound of asparagus, a couple of portabellos, a pack of 5 roma tomatoes, and a pound of grapes for a buck apiece. On the other hand, rent is really expensive.