Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Trouble
Apr 28, 2009
Already a ton of good suggestions here - as has been said before, pizza is easy to make. Once you've made the dough, a little variation is to shape it into several mini pizzas rather than one large base, and fry them for 30 seconds on each side in a pan of olive oil (again, as has been mentioned before, get the best quality you can afford). Once they're fried, top them with whatever you want; tomato paste is very cheap, and you can add salt, garlic, sugar, lemon juice and some herbs to make it tastier. You can also get away with using cheaper cheeses like cows milk mozzarella rather than the more expensive buffalo variety as they tend to be drier and don't make the toppings as runny when they melt. I sometimes add chicken and/or veggies, but it's nice enough without. Grill until the cheese is bubbling and you're done.

Also, try searching DepressionCooking on Youtube. It's a grandma showing you how to make some recipes she had as a kid back during the Great Depression, pretty interesting to watch, and a couple of the recipes aren't bad with a bit of extra flavouring. I tried Pasta With Peas and a couple of others (though she tends to salt the poo poo out of everything, which I avoided when I tried the recipes!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU