Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Well paying for condoms is for chumps. Go to a health services place and they'll hand them out by the giant paper bag full.

The first time I used one of those, it broke. Never again for me.

Anyone good red beans with rice recipes? I've read the one on the wiki, but I like reading different ones and seeing which I like best and best fits my pantry/budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Rice with an egg sunny side up with fish sauce is a pretty common breakfast food in Thailand. Tasty too.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I have a generic SlapChop that I use for garlic. It's fast, cleans up easily, and is more versatile than a garlic press. Plus you can act like that guy in the commercial if that's your schtick.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I did my first roasted chicken a few weeks ago and it came out pretty good, wonderfully crispy skin thanks to the butter and salt I rubbed on the skin. Some questions though:
A good part of the neck was still on the bird. Most pictures I see of roasters have the neck removed down to the wishbone. I cut off as much as I could with some shears before cooking. Correct?

What are some "poor good food" things to do with the giblets? Can I freeze the liver for pâté later? I wasn't feeling adventurous so these went in the trash.

Can I still use the carcass for stock even if it's been roasted?