Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitto
Apr 26, 2011

My Little Puni posted:

My rice creations could still use some work, they end up quite bland... so a LOT of salt is used, and I would rather avoid that.

If tomatoes are in season, you could try this. I would actually imagine it would work with whole canned tomatoes, even. It's a Chinese dish, and I guess I'll just call it scrambled egg and tomato. Sorry about the guessing of ingredients, I just tend to make it up as I go. I made it for my friend recently (6 eggs, 3 tomatoes) and I'd say I got like 4 or so portions from it, but I don't eat very much.

You'll need (change recipe depending on how much you want to make):
2-4 eggs
2 or so tomatoes (chopped up like into segments of oranges)
1 clove garlic (crushed or smashed)
Salt
Sugar

Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk them with a fork, add a dash of salt into it. Heat up your pan (med to med-hot), add some oil, and add your eggs when it's hot enough. Scramble the eggs/cook until they're not too wet, put the eggs back into the bowl you used and place on side.
Add some more oil back into pan at med heat, add garlic, cook garlic until it smells delicious (not brown, though). Once that happens, add tomatoes (make sure you scrape off any juice), and simmer at a slightly lower heat for about 10 minutes. Once the tomato skin has started peeling away from the flesh, add some sugar (a teaspoon or more depending on how much you make) and salt to taste. Let it simmer for a bit more and reseason if necessary. If there's no sauce, add some water, and if you want it to be thicker, add some cornflour + water mixture.
Once you're happy with the taste, add the eggs to the sauce, heat through and serve with plain rice!

It's pretty healthy, quick and delicious. It might not look like the most appetising of meals, but I really like it, and I don't really like eggs too much. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU