Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

What kind of savage would waste perfectly crispy roasted chicken skin by boiling it? Lightly oil, heavily salt, roast to golden crispness, and eat that delicious chicken cracker.

I see it as blasphemous to waste chicken skin. It is just too drat tasty to ever throw away. I have to stay well away from chicken skin if i diet.

I love doing exactly what you do but put a little paprika in the oil beforehand for that amazing smokey flavour. drat that poo poo is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

dog nougat posted:

Started cooking for myself again in an effort to be thrifty and also just eat better. Pork chops are my current go to cheap and delicious meat. Made a simple but super yummy meal of a rib chop, roasted red potatoes, and green beans. Seasoned the chop with cumin, coriander, cardamom, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. Was really drat tasty. Could've used a little citrus peel to round it out, but I was feeling lazy and didn't wanna zest a lemon.

Sounds pretty good actually, I may have to keep that recipe in mind, sounds easy enough. Just tried one last night with pork. Blended an onion, garlic, ginger and a tomato together to make a nice paste, cooked it with some cheap pork and added chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric and some salt then had it with some rice. Really tasty, super cheap and got multiple meals out of it. I don't get it when people say they can't eat healthily with little money, it's easy if you buy in bulk and are ready to do a bit more preparation.

neogeo0823 posted:

The ketogenic diet I'm on allows me to eat all the meat and fat I want, more or less, as long as I avoid sugars and carbs to a degree. I can literally have a stack of chicken skin crackers and nothing else for a snack if I want. It's kind of amazing in that regard. I'm not advocating the diet, btw, just listing that one good advantage.

That sounds pretty cool actually. I've considered the keto diet before but i just love my rice and carbs too much so I'd rather just eat less of them to lose weight than none of them at all.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I want to make grilled pork chops; and I want to coat them in some sort of marinade that includes marmalade. What else should I put on them?

You want to brine for 24h beforehand, like mentioned, for that super juicy tender chop. For marmalade my personal favourite is some marmalade mixed with hoisin sauce and glazed on the chop, grill that bad boy to get it nice and crispy and you have one delicious chop. Nice and crispy on the outside from the grilling but tender and juicy on the inside from the brine. Bonus if it's done on the BBQ and you have it as a burger.