Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

My go-to dish for when I am hungry, busy, and don't feel like spending any money is rice and lentils.

I buy short grain brown rice; brown, black, or green lentils; and a thing of garam masala spice mix. If you have an Indian or even mediterranean grocery store near you you can usually find spices crazy cheap ($4 for a jar the size of a soda can). In the morning throw it all in a rice cooker with water (or some stock if you are feeling fancy) and set a timer so it will be ready when you get home. If you don't have a rice cooker then a big lidded pot works great as well: just cook following directions for brown rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU