Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I came across this blog today, it's pretty good. Real food, costed out with each ingredient and then per serving. Plus the about sections have some very good info as well. If nothing else it will show you that you can eat much better than loving ramen on a tight budget. http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Admiral Snuggles posted:

Most of the recipes are side dishes and the ones that aren't are far more expensive. Get one of the mastering the art of french cooking cookbooks or the essentials of classic italian cooking. Use your brain to figure out what's cheap. It will all be worth eating.

Did you know you can make a dish using garlic, olive oil, and angel hair pasta?? (OWNAGE)

Wow you sure did PWN me there man. Also what the gently caress are you talking about mostly side dishes and expensive things? You do realize that blogs often have more than one page of entries right? Maybe you should try using your brain to figure that out. I share a helpful resource for beginners and you poo poo it up. Shut up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Mix some soy, oyster sauce, sambal, a little sesame oil or shaoxing wine, whatever you like (don't forget the fresh ginger and garlic in the pan). Add some water so it's not a salt bomb, along with a bit of cornstarch to thicken. It will still have way less sodium than bottled "stir fry" sauce.