Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kilersquirrel posted:

my Costco membership

If you do shopping very infrequently, you can even get by on free membership days or through sheer ignorance!

The day before my wedding I brought my brother to Sam's to shop for the food. He thought I had a membership, I thought he had one. So we get to the checkout with $500 of food in our cart and no membership. I just walked up to the service desk and looked confused and explained myself and they laughed and said "that's hilarious, here's a day pass" and we checked out.

Or you can find a buddy that for sure has a membership and they can have you in as a guest. My suggestion: offer to bring the boxes/bags for their stuff (these places usually do not box/bag your items so you have to bring your own), that seems like an even trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Noricae posted:

I use sandwich bags, fill them halfway, flatten them into thin pancakes, stack them and freeze them. It's much more compact and a cheaper (and less waste generating) way of freezing sauces, blanched vegetables, pesto, tomato sauce, etc. Spread them thin enough that you can just break off hunks for use easily. For making premade lunches that you take & go the containers are good though.

I use this tactic for making rice. I make a HUGE batch of rice but stop it about one or two minutes shy of perfectly done. Then I take a heavy quart Ziploc and lay it on the counter and spoon in about 2 cups of cooked rice. Seal it almost all the way, flatten the rice out to a nice even thickness in the bag, then evacuate the air and close the last bit of the zip.

When it's time for rice, just take a frozen bag and toss it in the microwave for a minute or two. It's not quite fresh, but it certainly suffices for bachelor-mode stir fry weeks.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah, that's a very staple-ish dish, easy to make, warms the house in the winter. Might I suggest that the chicken can be Maillard-ed up a bit and made a bit prettier with a couple minutes in a skillet to brown before assembling it all up? You don't have to sit there and babysit and evenly brown, just 2-3 minutes each side on a hot skillet.