Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abuimak
Sep 7, 2006
Hi I have a weird problem.

My wired network runs fine and I'm getting the download speeds I paid for from my ISP(3MB down). However my wireless network is suffering significant degradation of speed. The signal strength is fine.

I upgraded my router to a Linksys e1200 then to a dual band e2500. Throughout all 3 routers, I've had the same effect on my wireless devices. They all get no more then 1.5mps down with an average of .5mps

I used Inssider to see the 2.4ghz networks and there was a lot of them since I'm doing all of this from my business. Thats why I got the dual-band but my wireless devices don't seem to be able to use 5Ghz :suicide:

My wireless devices include 5 iphones 2 laptops and just 1 wired desktop. The network is secured and I always change the password on the router. I've used the devices at home and their speed is great so I know it the problem isn't them.

What is my next option? It seems like my troubles are out of my hands, something seems to be interfering with my devices and I don't know what!

Here is the requested graph. I am the Heff network

There are also 6 motorola networks that don't appear on this graph for some reason

abuimak fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abuimak
Sep 7, 2006

devmd01 posted:

Post the spectrum graph.

Any thoughts? Could it be my 5 iphone 4s's conflict or something? I changed all their network names as soon as I got them.

abuimak
Sep 7, 2006
My ISP allows me to use my iphone to view my TV Channels on my local network. Can't I use a VPN to tunnel home while I'm away and watch my home TV on my phone that way? What would be the easiest way to do this? Setup a VPN using my router or try using Hamachi/OpenVPN.

It has been a while since I've created a VPN.