Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jet_dee
May 20, 2007
Blah blah blah Nationstates is cool blah blah blah
I have a problem with the wireless USB dongle supplied by my ISP for a week now, but haven't managed to find a solution by discussing it with them in their forum yet.
It's a Netgear WNDA3200, and I use it to connect a PC running Windows XP to my router.
Last weekend it suddenly started seeing the device as a Virtual CD-ROM drive instead. I can't access the "drive" in My Computer, and removing the "drive"'s driver in Device Manager & rebooting doesn't fix anything.
It works fine on another Windows computer so I know the dongle isn't faulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet_dee
May 20, 2007
Blah blah blah Nationstates is cool blah blah blah

Triikan posted:

Keep in mind that unless the channel you picked is 1, 6, or 11 you're still going to get interference, because each channel bleeds into those surrounding it. If you have 5 routers on each channels 1/6/11, and you pick channel 3 because its 'empty', you're actually going to be getting interference from the routers on channel 1 AND channel 6.

This is a real pain in the rear end in my area because it appears as though most channels are in use in my neighbourhood. I tried switching to the 5 Ghz band only and subsequently discovered that my phone couldn't access the WiFi anymore :P