Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Ok friends name your favorite OpenVPN provider. I find myself in need of doing a little location hopping and have a Unifi UXG-Pro as my border device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

WireGuard works seamlessly for me with my UXG-Pro, and any internal client I want to reroute out goes through Proton

But sounds like you want to route your entire network WAN through a VPN?

Yeah I'm lazy I either want to do the whole thing at once or maybe do policy-based routing if that's even a thing on Unifi. Right now it's for a specific one-time purpose, but going forward it'd be useful for, um, reasons.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

KingKapalone posted:

Ok so all should work fine if I reformat the PC, install the controller, launch it (sounds like I might lose Wi-Fi here if the APs get confused?), and then restore the config? Then Wi-Fi would come back up. Trying to minimize that downtime since my wife will be working.

That mobile app option sounds good since I just use this for basic WiFi, but it looks like it needs to be setup from scratch. If it resets my settings I'll just have to remember the only one I've ever had to make in order to get good streaming speeds for my VR setup.

Unless you're doing something like running a captive guest portal which depends on the controller (sounds like you're not) the APs will continue to merrily do what the controller last told them to do until you fire up the controller again and make a configuration change.

What you do have to be aware of with UniFi Network backups is that they're version-specific so when you migrate PCs make sure to grab the version of the UniFi Network application that matches your backup and everything will go swimmingly.