Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I didn't spot this thread before but I'm having some networking difficulties and I haven't had many responses so far. Seems like this is where the people who might know how to help hang out.

Problem description in HoTS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3628481

Essentially I have a bunch of devices all with the same hardcoded IP address, and I'm trying to connect to them simultaneously using a separate network interface for each (although if I could do it with fewer that's maybe fine too). Running on Linux. I know there's quite a lot there and possibly I'm going about this completely the wrong way but I'm somewhat clueless and would appreciate any help I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
We have a shared fibre connection (symmetric 500Mbps) with our upstairs neighbours. An ethernet line runs from their router to our apartment. On this I currently have a Netgear R6260 set up with its own LAN that provides WiFi and wired connections to all our stuff. However we have thick walls, the router is in an inconvenient spot, and the WiFi sucks. I was thinking of putting a different router on the line from upstairs, then running cable to the R6260 and probably another similar WiFi thing as access points in other places in the apartment. If the new router could run Wireguard and an ad blocker as well as doing routing that would be great.

Is my plan reasonable? Any hardware/software that you can recommend for the task? Is this a job for the unused RPi4 I've had lying around forever, cheapo second hand PC, dedicated router of some sort?