Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fap of Death
Oct 17, 2011

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I posted about it in the recently-closed thread, but I just wanna throw out some love for the AirPort Extreme Base Station. It's pricey, but it's got dual-band 802.11n, guest network support, disk sharing, printer sharing, and has never locked up or crashed on me.

Much love for the AEBS. The repeater mode also works very well for creating a "mesh" network in your residence. Although I suppose you could get one main AEBS, then use DD-WRT on cheaper hardware to extend a network if you are cost-conscious.

On a related note, does anyone know if Apple has allowed AEBS + USB Drives to be used for Time Machine backups, or do you need to explicitly buy a Time Capsule for this purpose ? Too lazy to check. Have a 1TB Time Capsule for my main base station + Time Machine, then AEBS' for relays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU