Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

buffbus posted:

Anyone have experience with some of the higher end Ruckus Zoneflex? Have a couple floors about 2000 sqft each. Could I get away with a couple of them mounted on the ceiling in the middle of each floor? Layout is pretty similar on both floors with a large mostly open space in the middle and rooms around the perimeter.

I haven't used ZF in like 5 years but it was rock solid with great coverage back then. Expensive though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
What you're looking for is called a fobot

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
There's also netbird as a tailscale alternative that offers a self hosted version.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Doesn't appear too different no, I forgot about headscale

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Also had the Deco 6e mesh (XE85 pros) and can confirm it was hot garbage and is now in a drawer till I can offload it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I picked up some U6 Pro's on special when the 7 gear dropped and they're good/close to gigabit most of the time from my NAS. On the other hand I also downgraded my internet because gigabit hardly ever made a difference to us day to day (2 users) so saved a bit of money there.