Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

movax posted:

If the E3000 is the renamed WRT610N, I've had 0 issues with them.
*snip*
Performance as a NAS/FTP for drives attached via USB blows though, I was hoping it would be at least "decent", but IMO not worth using for anything save perhaps a printer.

I'm sad to hear that as I'm looking for router that could also work as a simple NAS. What I'm looking for is something that I could plug in a NTFS formatted external drive and make it shared with the network while still allowing me to unplug it use it elsewhere. It looks like I could sue a E3000 with ddwrt and ntfs-3g, but performance is somewhat important. Anyone have a setup like this that works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

Devian666 posted:

I run a netgear 3700 as a NAS and it has a throughput of 2.5 MB/s. Apparently the beta firmware has higher NAS throughput. Note that this is with the netgear firmware, no need to use dd-wrt to make it stable.

Thanks for the recommendation! Just got mine today and it works wonderfully.