Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

quote:

many people wrongfully try to put in edges places where they "know" they should be.
Hello, this is me.

I'm having some issues with figuring out lighting on this little thing. I haven't tried drawing in a good few years, so I'm pretty sure my perspective is hosed somehow as well.

I can post the clean image as well, but this is as much as I think I've figured out. After this hurdle it'll be trying to colour it so it isn't just flat and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Seeing as it was a drawthread request I decided to trying something a bit more out there, at least for me, and I'd love for someone to give it a bit of a critique so I know what to improve next time. I'm already certain that I've got its left arm in a kind of broken position, and there's something funky going on with the perspective towards the bottom half.

Also not sure if this is a good idea but I've found that going through draw threads like on /tg/ is great for finding things you wouldn't usually think to try drawing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I keep going into a loop of trying to improve myself, and just not getting anywhere because I either discourage myself or get distracted. Now that I'm working 9-5 in a low wage job that I have no wish to stay in, I decided it's time to stop loving about and just change my life. Third times the charm, but I'm going to draw every day, as much as I can, in between all the stuff I have to do that I don't want to. Previously I had more time when I was neet so I think I turned something that I love and feel inspired by into a chore. Not sure how I'll change that this time, but in the meantime I took a crack at the "bouncy ball" exercise I remember seeing in a friends copy of that animators handbook.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Disproportionation posted:

What up, ball bounce bud? :respek:

Mine's a ton rougher though; I'm not really used to working digitally. Think I'll try a pendulum next to practise spacing.

Man, if I had a penny every time I Ctrl-Z drawing a circle. I don't think I'm helping myself by drawing with my wrist on a tiny tablet.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Really starting to get burned out with the Draw A Box stuff. Between working 8-6 and having very little free time once I'm home, getting through the challenges is torture.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Made an attempt at the second example in Lesson 3 of draw a box. I need more texture practice but I think my construction and form is slowly coming along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I've lapsed over the last month and a half but I'm slowly getting back into studying every day, this was my last attempt - I feel like I've come a decent way over the last couple of months but my texture game is still poo poo.

• Locked thread