Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Man, Skeevy started off terribly but when the puppet started going on about how disgusting Mike was it completely turned the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I just don't know what to think about Vance. I think I actually prefer Skeevy.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Where else can you find a radio show where there are controversies over on the air puppets.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Maarak posted:

Where else can you find a radio show where there are controversies over on the air puppets.

Man, I really miss the Children's Hour of Knowledge.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I gotta hear more about Vance's story before I start to like him. Digging that he's a huge prog-rock fan. Sounds like a bona fide goon already.

Mast
Dec 1, 2007

HOWTH IT GOIN'

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
If anyone else is listening now, Its so stupid but I haven't laughed as hard as I did about that Peter/Bob Seeger call in awhile. He just got so mad.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
There could be no guests and no Wurster call for the rest of the show and it would still be one of the most solid episodes I've ever heard. Scharpling is on fire tonight.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

"I am thankful for Mr. Tom Scharpling, der;
I am thankful for Michael."

-Larry D. Pervisson

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I missed over an hour due to the GOP debates, and this is still one of the most solid shows I've heard.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
That canadian kid at the beginning; holy poo poo!
Also, Vance's prog-rock storytime; amazing.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tom was in the best mood he's been in for months. He even wanted to see how James was doing!

edit: he even nailed the station id's and wished Mike a happy Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too!

Mast
Dec 1, 2007

Yeah, he must have been in a good mood. Declaring Larry the best caller of all time??

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Another great show last night. Tom is really good at build-a-movie.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Its always lacking for me when there isnt a Jon Wurster call, but the last two shows have been solid. I'm also loving Vance.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Didja hear the news?

ZORK is comin'!

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Meh best show was just okay last night.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

I lost it when the 12-year-old kid said "horrorbilly".

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Regardless, I still learned the phrase, "we can all agree that those ideas eat pants porridge, roight?"

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I don't think any episode with both an extended call by Philly Boy Roy and Vance can be "just okay" (That and the hang up on the kid was glorious this week).

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Billy Gnosis posted:

I don't think any episode with both an extended call by Philly Boy Roy and Vance can be "just okay" (That and the hang up on the kid was glorious this week).

You're right. Really a mediocre Best Show is better than 90% of other podcasts (or radio shows). I guess my main gripe was the lovely callers that were the majority of the show. PBR, Vance, the Canadian Glenn Back, and Jen Kirkman were great.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Any guesses on who the angry email was from? Judging by the foul language and spelling, I'm saying it was Rogan.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

Any guesses on who the angry email was from? Judging by the foul language and spelling, I'm saying it was Rogan.

That's my guess too. Rogan loves going after people who talk poo poo about him.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

I think its a bit he made up, but man that would be funny if it were Rogan. I think he'd say it if it really was him.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

No way, it was one of the Apple Sisters.

Yannick_B posted:

I think its a bit he made up, but man that would be funny if it were Rogan. I think he'd say it if it really was him.

I think it was a bit too, but I remember Bill Burr talking about how he enjoys emailing people who don't like him. He said he always fills them with as many grammatical errors and misspellings as possible, too, including the there/their/they're thing. It's probably not him, especially since Tom's never name checked him. Just reminded me a lot of what he said.

I think Rogan's a complete dickwad, so I wouldn't really be stunned if it was him.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Holiday party tonight. Everybody tune in! Should be crazy.

I thought it was Kevin Smith who wrote the letter. Now, I have no idea... I guess there was a bit of a falling out between Tom and PFT over the new show that isn't happening anymore. Sucks, I hope they get over it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I thought it was Kevin Smith who wrote the letter. Now, I have no idea... I guess there was a bit of a falling out between Tom and PFT over the new show that isn't happening anymore. Sucks, I hope they get over it.

Any background on this? That really bums me out :(

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

Any background on this? That really bums me out :(

According to the FOT boards, there's really no evidence of this besides the fact that PFT and Scharpling aren't following each other on Twitter anymore and Tom keeps leaving out the Pod F. Tompkast out of his approved podcasts.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
http://twitter.com/#!/scharpling/status/149260160756486144

quote:

Tonight's show is gonna be NUTS. Guests! Music! A Christmas radio play! Four Loko! And more! #BestShowWFMU 9-mid EST
woot, the return of Four Loko

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

According to the FOT boards, there's really no evidence of this besides the fact that PFT and Scharpling aren't following each other on Twitter anymore and Tom keeps leaving out the Pod F. Tompkast out of his approved podcasts.

Yeah, I realize it's nothing more than idle speculation but that would really suck if true. Hopefully if they do have issues it's just from working together and they can resolve it with some time and space. PFT is a big part of the Best Show to me. The first week I listened was the Gathering of the Juggalos episode. And God forbid Tom and Jon ever have a falling out...

Yes, I realize how dumb it is to be worrying about the friendship status of two people I've never met (on an internet forum with people I've never met).

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

AP Mike also heavily hinted that there was a rift in the chat last week.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

AP Mike also heavily hinted that there was a rift in the chat last week.

What did he say?

For me it started in an interview where Tom said the show he had been working on with PFT didnt work out and if it were to go forward, it would be without him. Seemed like bad news. Like others, its really weird to be worried about the friendship of two strangers but I love those strangers together so much!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

A "High Back Chairs" reference, did not see that coming. Hope they make it back OK.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Wurster is making the mother of all Newbridgeverse calls tonight.

OLD MAN DALRYMPLE !!!

HOLY poo poo: LARRY D. PERVISON IN THE STUDIO

Yannick_B fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 21, 2011

Mast
Dec 1, 2007

The Storage Wars Christmas pageant was the dumbest/best thing ever.

Clovis Sangrail
Feb 18, 2011

Yannick_B posted:

HOLY poo poo: LARRY D. PERVISON IN THE STUDIO

oh lawdy, he sounds even more terrifying when his voice is not distorted by the phone dere

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Tomorrow's show will rule

@scharpling posted:

Guess who is going to be on The Best Show tomorrow night? @JulieKlausner! Unbelievable, right? ! 9-midnite EST http://t.co/3ikkEveP RT this!

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Yannick_B posted:

What did he say?

Well, I'm gonna respect Tom's privacy and not get into it. I'll just say some real creeps on another board also noticed that Tom and PFT's significant others also stopped following each other. FOTs are creepy.

Anyway, 2012 Best Show! Onward and upward!

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Well, I'm gonna respect Tom's privacy and not get into it. I'll just say some real creeps on another board also noticed that Tom and PFT's significant others also stopped following each other. FOTs are creepy.

Anyway, 2012 Best Show! Onward and upward!

I went to that board out of curiosity after Tom brought it up on Twitter. Then I thought about how the people posting over there are adults who can drive and vote and now I'm worried for our future. I guess whenever you do something for a lot of people there are bound to be weirdos, but Jesus.

If you really want to check it out... http://www.c-town.us/chinatown

The Christmas episode was great, and I think Mike should be drunk every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I know I'm late on this since I am a podcast listener but philly boy roy goes to London is one of my favorite wurster bits in recent memory.