Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The laser whip never fails to crack me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
I cant believe Wally Wackiman. Its just frustrating to hear that guy who had a funny character going but then weirdly folded and just became this upset person who still insists he's okay and a fun character.
Even more infuriating is you have effin Tom Scharpling feeding him advice and jokes in the form of barbs and stories and he doesnt take any of it. Guh.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Yannick_B posted:

I cant believe Wally Wackiman. Its just frustrating to hear that guy who had a funny character going but then weirdly folded and just became this upset person who still insists he's okay and a fun character.
Even more infuriating is you have effin Tom Scharpling feeding him advice and jokes in the form of barbs and stories and he doesnt take any of it. Guh.

I think the best part was Vance asking him why he does nothing but talk about puppets. I do admit it did have points where I expected Wally to completely feltdown.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I really cracked up at "I live in an apartment. I live with two other dudes."

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

het posted:

I really cracked up at "I live in an apartment. I live with two other dudes."

One of them a squirrel! Any additional detail about Vance's life is pretty funny but all Wally can do is defend himself or moan about comic books and puppets.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Yannick_B posted:

One of them a squirrel! Any additional detail about Vance's life is pretty funny but all Wally can do is defend himself or moan about comic books and puppets.

I haven't heard this week's episode, but every time Wally is on it kills me. He seems so close to understanding what he's doing wrong and loosening up, but then he just has to go back and respond to one joke Tom makes at his expense and it starts all over again. I loved him when he first came around at the beginning of the protege search and when he was in-studio with H-man, but lately he seems intent on eliminating any goodwill anyone had for him.

On a non-puppet topic, I thought it was really great last week when Tom addressed the other board. I wouldn't have thought any good could come from acknowledging people like that and admitting being bothered by it, but he found a really graceful way to do it. Also, I love when he talks to children, and you could tell he was really touched when that kid named his D&D characters after Dogmo. Those moments really reflect for me how TBS is so much more than a weekly comedy show.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Wally calling in was awesome. "Woolly Allen." Greggulator is insane. I mean, he used to wear an orange jumpsuit in high school! I hope him and Wally meet in studio sometime.

Edit: Losing the voice. LOSING THE VOICE.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 12, 2012

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Ohhhhh man, I love Tom's rage when Wally is losing the voice.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
The best part is when Z-man calls in as himself. As he gets more flustered he starts sounding more like the puppet.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Ohhhhh man, I love Tom's rage when Wally is losing the voice.

I love how Wally goes completely off the rails whenever Tom interrupts him about it.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Narwhale posted:

The best part is when Z-man calls in as himself. As he gets more flustered he starts sounding more like the puppet.

I'm imagining that in a few years, they'll be having arguments with each other, off air, about where things all went wrong.

Hostage Pokemon
Dec 29, 2011

Wise as a wizard
Quick as a viper

Narwhale posted:

On a non-puppet topic, I thought it was really great last week when Tom addressed the other board. I wouldn't have thought any good could come from acknowledging people like that and admitting being bothered by it, but he found a really graceful way to do it. Also, I love when he talks to children, and you could tell he was really touched when that kid named his D&D characters after Dogmo. Those moments really reflect for me how TBS is so much more than a weekly comedy show.

That whole thing ending with the invocation of Hecate was great. I just got around to listening to that episode this morning and really enjoyed the entire thing.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Tom is a guest on this week's Sklarbro Country if anyone is interested.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Y'all Begone Pond is the best thing.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Maarak posted:

Y'all Begone Pond is the best thing.

That's what I thought until these impressions.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Great show yesterday. Listened to half of it live and finished the rest just now. I could listen to Gary the Squirrel berate Mike all day.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Just STARTED listening to this week's show and Tom is absolutely on fire. He must have something good going on because he is killing it.

Edit: Haha he had someone intro a song on a CD he said he liked and he played Tubthumping instead. I just died.

SansWetware fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 2, 2012

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The last 5-10 minutes of Tom doing impressions was incredible. The one caller requesting a PFT impression and being hung up on without Tom saying a word means all the horrible rumors are true though :smith:

Clovis Sangrail
Feb 18, 2011
On the last show, Tom mentioned preparing the premium for this year's marathon. Is last year's premium already on the way? I know the 2010 one took 1,5 years, but since I haven't heard any mention of the 2011 premium since that marathon, I feel like it should have been here by now.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I think he mentioned it a few weeks ago, and he was wrapping it up. All the songs are done.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Sounds like Hatch is hosting this week, I vaguely remember it being entertaining the last time he did it. (I'm not usually a fan of "Depravity's Rainbow" )

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Scharpling's impressions:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1488942/TomScharpling-Impressions.mp3

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Two weeks of Marathon shows. These are always awesome.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

SansWetware posted:

Two weeks of Marathon shows. These are always awesome.

Put my 75 dollar pledge in! Cant wait for the premium to come

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Didn't hear my name, but I gladly pledged. Remember that there is a streaming video feed on wfmu.org

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Put my 75 dollar pledge in! Cant wait for the premium to come
Same (also last year's premium)

Here's the ustream btw: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/marathon-2012

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Yep I pledged my 75. Roy is on now. Ted is on next. We already got Vance. Tom raises an unreal amount of money during this. Hundreds of thousands.

Edit: He is real conscious of this camera!

SansWetware fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 22, 2012

Mast
Dec 1, 2007

Billy Gnosis posted:

Remember that there is a streaming video feed on wfmu.org

Yesss it's Gary.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

Mast posted:

Yesss it's Gary.

The impish smile he gets when he is ribbing on Mike with Gary is priceless.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
The dangling acorn is hilarious and the whole visual of Gary is amazing.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

SansWetware posted:

Edit: He is real conscious of this camera!
He's actually gotten more comfortable since the beginning, he was more awkward at first before the show got rolling

Also, Tom and Gary:

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Therese stumbled over my name. It sometimes stumps.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Does anyone know what the premium is or what its been in the past?? I'm gonna end up donating anyways but I'm just a little curious.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

dog poop n doritos posted:

Does anyone know what the premium is or what its been in the past?? I'm gonna end up donating anyways but I'm just a little curious.

https://www.wfmu.org/marathon/premium_popup.php?p=699&pr=1

Tom will prolly go over it a time or two more.

(also the lady with the black hair fixing the mic and stuff is Terre T, Tom's wife.)

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Wow, they broke $100k. Last year they got ~$60k. That's an increase of 66.7%!

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Wow, they broke $100k. Last year they got ~$60k. That's an increase of 66.7%!

It's pretty amazing. Especially considering WFMU wants to raise 1.2 million total. He took a giant bite out of that in three hours.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

SansWetware posted:

https://www.wfmu.org/marathon/premium_popup.php?p=699&pr=1

Tom will prolly go over it a time or two more.

(also the lady with the black hair fixing the mic and stuff is Terre T, Tom's wife.)

Holy crap I had no idea that Terre T was Jillian Barberie

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Groucho Marxist posted:

Holy crap I had no idea that Terre T was Jillian Barberie

Yeah, I don't think he's ever mentioned it on the show, and I can't remember how I finally figured it out. It also explains why he promotes Cherry Blossom Clinic so much.

Haven't had a chance to listen to the marathon yet, but I sent my $80 pledge in last night :smugdog:

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
So this "Marc and Tom Show" is great.

http://www.wtfpod.com

Lots of just bouncing stuff back and forth - lots of music talk and career talk. They work together well. As if it wasn't obvious they are both pretty loving smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mast
Dec 1, 2007

"Hey Miiike"