Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Gary the Squirrel is going to be on the How Was Your Week Oscar recap show :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I give it a month until Gary drops the box office thing and just busts Mike's beenz full-time.

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.

Groucho Marxist posted:

The last 5-10 minutes of Tom doing impressions was incredible. The one caller requesting a PFT impression and being hung up on without Tom saying a word means all the horrible rumors are true though :smith:

During one of the recent shows (might have been the first of the year) Tom is talking about friendships in 2012 and mentions something along the lines of "some friendships were ended by others for 2012," which could mean PFT ended the friendship but I doubt we will ever know for sure.

Also, Gary & Mike are the best comedy duo since Scharpling & Wurster. It's like Tom saved up all the things he ever wanted to say to/about Mike and is putting them out through Gary.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

Penis envy posted:

During one of the recent shows (might have been the first of the year) Tom is talking about friendships in 2012 and mentions something along the lines of "some friendships were ended by others for 2012," which could mean PFT ended the friendship but I doubt we will ever know for sure.

Also, Gary & Mike are the best comedy duo since Scharpling & Wurster. It's like Tom saved up all the things he ever wanted to say to/about Mike and is putting them out through Gary.

He's just bustin' his beans.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
Gary the Squirrel is on Julie Klausner's How Was Your Week Oscar show. It's pretty great, though with Mike absent there are no beans for Gary to bust.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Alright it's go time.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/marathon-2012

I am not sure why Tom is wearing a jumpsuit.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
It is funny seeing Hodgman and AP Mike hanging out and chatting in the call room just knowing Hodgman is gonna give him hell when he is on the show.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Pancake Day is a Fat Tuesday thing, I can't remember which denomination. The Anglicans? ..
Edit: I need a calendar. That would make it last week sometime

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Someone named Paul just donated $1000 to see the show in person, I can only assume it was PFT.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Mico posted:

So glad someone capped this

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I almost missed it too.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Hahaha Pat Stickles is so ridiculously drunk, that was a bit of a trainwreck.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Stickles has no beard because of something pretty wild. He got electrified by his mic and it singed and ruined it. He was in the hospital for it and stuff.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

SansWetware posted:

Stickles has no beard because of something pretty wild. He got electrified by his mic and it singed and ruined it. He was in the hospital for it and stuff.

With how much the studio microphone was actually inside his mouth during his performance I am somehow not surprised.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Wow a total of 206k. Tom raised over 1/6th of WFMU's total goal.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

het posted:

Hahaha Pat Stickles is so ridiculously drunk, that was a bit of a trainwreck.

Yeah that felt uncomfortable after a while.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
I got the feeling that Tom and Patrick didn't really talk about what the hell he would be playing during the show because, while Tom is pretty cool about things, I am pretty sure he was not ready for the 10-15 minute long endless drunken bulimia jam.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I just saw Tom pour his heart into Killing in the Name Of during the marathon finale. I never thought he would actually do it.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
Forgot this thread was here!

A couple random thoughts:

I enjoyed the new Titus single a lot (much more so then Pat's extended jam). It was pretty obvious he was trashed. Ted is the consumate professional though.

WFMU made it's goal! I've not heard of this happening and this is the third fundraiser I've participated in. They were 8500 short at midnight, but hangover pledgers pushed them over the edge. Tom's 206k is something like 50k more then last year.

Did anyone put their money where their mouth is and donate $500 so they could get the Rated GG single on colored vinyl? I noticed Tom didn't have a prize for the largest pledger this year. In 2010 it was a custom S&W bit and in 2011 it was a Don't Stop Me Now lightbox (I'm pretty sure it's different then Tom's DO IT lightbox).

Gary the Squirrel is fantastic. Tom slayed at the Hoof and Mouth Sinfonia.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Looks like Comedy Central didn't pick up Tom's pilot. So that's 2 pilots CC has skipped out on. Sucks.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Thats a bummer. He seemed so hyped about it too.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I am enjoying The Hatch Batch trolling Zach from Mit Hamine way more than I should.

Edit: And he blows it, awesome

Edit 2: Even without Tom, this is one of the best episodes of the past few months.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 14, 2012

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Great Best Show last week. Laughed like a jackass at work way too many times. It was great to hear Matt "Toilet Mouth" Walsh again, but the subtle shot at Paul Tompkins was a little sad.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

DangerDummy! posted:

Great Best Show last week. Laughed like a jackass at work way too many times. It was great to hear Matt "Toilet Mouth" Walsh again, but the subtle shot at Paul Tompkins was a little sad.

Yeah, that was kind of sad, but at least Tom sounds like he's not as broken up about it anymore. We'll probably never know what happened and I'm fine with that. I'd hate to find out that Tom or PFT did something horrible to the other person and have it affect my enjoyment of either's comedy.

In any case, Tom with something to prove is the best Tom and the shows from the last few months have been great without guests. Though I wouldn't complain about an in-studio appearance by John Hodgman, Patton Oswalt, and/or Zach G. Hopefully he can get his health issues worked out, too.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
The Pete Seger bit was incredible

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DangerDummy! posted:

I must have missed that. What did he say? Actually, does anyone know what actually happened between Tom and Paul? I am assuming it had something to do with their show? E: Just read more of the thread and it looks like the answer to that is no. Gah.

I had no idea there was a Best Show thread here. It's pretty much my favorite thing ever. I haven't missed and episode in like 7 years.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 4, 2012

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I must have missed that. What did he say? Actually, does anyone know what actually happened between Tom and Paul? I am assuming it had something to do with their show? E: Just read more of the thread and it looks like the answer to that is no. Gah.
Right after wrapping up the call with Matt Walsh: "Mending fences, people say it can't be done.... Well, there's one that might never be done. Yeah, there's one that ain't comin' back."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have honestly never thought PFT was that funny on his own but I felt like he really brought the best out in Tom. I always looked forward to him being on because there was just something about him that sent Scharpling into overdrive.

Sorry I am still enamored with the fact that there is a SA best show thread and I have another queation. How is that Zack guy that Tom hate's band name spelled? MIthamime? I can't find them on google for the life of me.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Its Mit Hamine, and it really is as bad as Tom says it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIWCXC8CQo

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Mit Hamine

edit: dang, beaten

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haha. Ouch, that record needs another random punch and then some.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The Bunk posted:

In any case, Tom with something to prove is the best Tom and the shows from the last few months have been great without guests.

He's been so annoyed by everything lately. I was in a crappy mood, and listening to him talk poo poo about The Eagles made me so happy, and the Pete Seger bit was hilarious.

Gary the Squirrel is slowly starting to morph into the Jackie Martling puppet from the Howard Stern show.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

GoutPatrol posted:

Its Mit Hamine, and it really is as bad as Tom says it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIWCXC8CQo

This is absolutely nothing like I expected and it's phenomenally awful

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The Gary bits have been good lately. I always like it when Mike talks to him. I'd like to hear some more of Vance, too.

As far as the PFT feud, I love Tom but I get the feeling that he might not be the easiest dude to work with. Yeah, the way he acts on radio is just a persona but I wouldn't be surprised if the lines get blurred sometimes. It seems like he would get work easier considering he wrote and executive produced a really popular show for what? 8 seasons? The only thing I can imagine that would get in his way would be reputation. That's all speculation from someone not in the business, though.

Edit: And oh my god that Mit Hamine stuff... When Tom played a bunch of little snippets from their record on the radio I was shocked at how bad it was. I did think it was pretty hilarious when the dude from Mit Hamine called and bitched at Tom for not listening to it yet. "We sent you a record about a month ago, free of charge...."

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 6, 2012

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

As far as the PFT feud, I love Tom but I get the feeling that he might not be the easiest dude to work with. Yeah, the way he acts on radio is just a persona but I wouldn't be surprised if the lines get blurred sometimes. It seems like he would get work easier considering he wrote and executive produced a really popular show for what? 8 seasons? The only thing I can imagine that would get in his way would be reputation.

It's funny you say that, because one of Tom's callers a few weeks back said he met Tony Shaloub, and that he liked everyone from "Monk" except for some bossy, shaved ape of a writer with fudge stains all over his fingers. I don't know why, but I got the feeling he was talking about Tom.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

DangerDummy! posted:

It's funny you say that, because one of Tom's callers a few weeks back said he met Tony Shaloub, and that he liked everyone from "Monk" except for some bossy, shaved ape of a writer with fudge stains all over his fingers. I don't know why, but I got the feeling he was talking about Tom.

And Tom was really rude to Micky Dolenz, too.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Satire Forum Mom posted:

And Tom was really rude to Micky Dolenz, too.

Namaste.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
I have heard the opposite from lots of people. That he is one of the most charmingly nice and friendly dudes you'd ever wish to meet. I think he is probably pretty great to work with if he can get all of those awesome people to volunteer to be in the music videos he directs.

Edit: Holy hell there is no way they are serious with Mit Hamine. That is music for an audience of zero.

SansWetware fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Well then I guess it's a mystery and we'll never know! It's kinda dumb that he keeps bringing it up in semi-vague ways on the show if he doesn't want to talk about it, though.