Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yes! Tonight Wurster is Terrence, the 47 year old ironic Williamsburg hipster who named his son Mr. T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
"Comedian TODD BARRY calls in for an on-air Twitter war! Mit Hamine's album finally breaks! Terrence Shropshire calls about life in "Da Bumble" and his new venture! Bath salt comedy! Mike reviews Kevin Smith's audio book! And Gary opens his mailbag!"

I am a little late to this one but I can only imagine "Gary opens his mailbag" will be rewarding.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

SansWetware posted:

"Comedian TODD BARRY calls in for an on-air Twitter war! Mit Hamine's album finally breaks! Terrence Shropshire calls about life in "Da Bumble" and his new venture! Bath salt comedy! Mike reviews Kevin Smith's audio book! And Gary opens his mailbag!"

I am a little late to this one but I can only imagine "Gary opens his mailbag" will be rewarding.

It is. I'm not a fan of Todd Barry and his call on the show did not convince me otherwise.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

It is. I'm not a fan of Todd Barry and his call on the show did not convince me otherwise.

He is apparently quite a prick and only calls the show to shill his act. I do not see a mutual friendship thing going on really, just Tom letting Todd give us 10-15 minute commercials for his comedy act. I think it is so he keeps guest appearances up, but I think most folks would just rather hear Tom do his thing than listen to Todd be too cool for school.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
Todd Barry's arrogance is his bit, though. It's also Tom's. Probably comes from a real place, but it's definitely exaggerated.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

SansWetware posted:

He is apparently quite a prick and only calls the show to shill his act.
Are you saying this based on something other than the show? That's not really the impression I've gotten.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I'm so disgusted with the Mit Hamine crew. I know this isn't the first time a group of angry kids have attacked the show, but it's just so gross this time around.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I've only seen Todd Barry in the flesh a couple times, both after standup sets, and he seemed amazingly polite to nearly everyone. He talked to fans, signed stuff, took photos with people, etc... without seeming the least bit perturbed. Maybe I've just been lucky, but compared to a few other stand up comics I've seen, he's pretty drat approachable.

Which episode was it that Scharpling finally listened to Mit Hamine's music?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

SansWetware posted:

I listened to this live, but don't remember the album actually breaking but I was kind of tuning in and out. (I do remember some of the late friends of Mit Hamine calls). Anyone have a rough time-stamp / part of the show for it happening? I can't seem to find it.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

het posted:

Are you saying this based on something other than the show? That's not really the impression I've gotten.

Well other folks have said he is real accessible after his show now, so I could be all wrong. It is just second hand accounts of being real inaccessible and seeming like he can not wait to get away from his fans after shows. Though sometimes folks in comedy clubs expect too much. Maybe I heard all wrong.

I still feel like I am listening to really long commercials when he calls in though.

And Billy the album breaking was literally that. I think he hit it with a bat or a hammer or something. Or at least told Mike to.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Asterios posted:

I'm so disgusted with the Mit Hamine crew. I know this isn't the first time a group of angry kids have attacked the show, but it's just so gross this time around.

Mit Hamine are loving terrible, but I cant figure out if they're pissed for real or if they think they are adding something to the show (like a Larry Da Perv or a Spike) while being abysmal at it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think they jumped the shark on Tuesday. I thought the whole thing was entertaining for a while but they are just being irritating trolls now. It was weird, because it sounded like they genuinely flustered Tom a bit by the end of the show.

To be fair Tom has been really mean to that Zach dude since day one though. Their band is really horrible but I think Tom kind of created this monster.

In other news, the Chubby Checker thing had me crying. Tom has been on roll with his rants lately.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 28, 2012

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

NESguerilla posted:

I think they jumped the shark on Tuesday. I thought the whole thing was entertaining for a while but they are just being irritating trolls now. It was weird, because it sounded like they genuinely flustered Tom a bit by the end of the show.

To be fair Tom has been really mean to that Zach dude since day one though. Their band is really horrible but I think Tom kind of created this monster.

In other news, the Chubby Checker thing had me crying. Tom has been on roll with his rants lately.

Hey Fats Domino, I got bad news. Are you sitting down? Do you have your calm down plate of mash potatoes on you?

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

NESguerilla posted:

It's just amazing to me that these guys are so pissed off that they'd threaten a radio DJ in his 40's who's in terrible physical pain. It's so creepy.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I was always really irritated with the Mit Hamine dude. Something about the way he talks just bugs the hell out of me. I don't really feel sorry for him, though, because if you call in to the show to promote your stupid band, you should be completely ready for Tom to trash it. God his band is awful, too. There was something satisfying about him calling in and getting yelled at and hung up on, though.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Tom is complaining on Twitter about someone threatening him and Twitter doing nothing about it. I wonder if Mit Hamine has something to do with it?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
All hail the King of Free Media!

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6zHodcu7c&feature=youtu.be

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

That is a lot of AP Mike's feet in that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hahaha. I lost is when he was drinking a 4 loko.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

It's...Beautiful.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This week is Depravity's Rainbow instead of the normal show. I haven't liked it the past few times, would have much preferred "The Hatch Patch". I think its something about the lack of energy when its Mike and Terese.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Wurster characters getting name-dropped on SMASH: http://twitpic.com/9knwz4

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

GraPar posted:

Wurster characters getting name-dropped on SMASH: http://twitpic.com/9knwz4

Imagine Zachary Brimstead as Joe Dimaggio in the Marilyn Musical. Just imagine.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Another Tomless week apparently. Hosted by Hatch this time, last time it was pretty entertaining as I've said previously, but the Low Times crew won't be there this time I think.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Billy Gnosis posted:

Another Tomless week apparently. Hosted by Hatch this time, last time it was pretty entertaining as I've said previously, but the Low Times crew won't be there this time I think.

Another week for me to catch up on the rest of my podcasts. I know the guest hosts mean well, but I just can't do 3 hours of call-in radio with lower standards for the callers AND no Tom to hold it together. Obviously I don't hold it against him at all, though, and I hope he takes as much time as he needs to feel better.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
If anything I think the guest hosts are more there for the people who listen on the radio than the podcast audience.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

If anything I think the guest hosts are more there for the people who listen on the radio than the podcast audience.

Yeah, WFMU needs to air something during that time slot. Maybe we'll get lucky and something interesting will happen or a caller will melt down again

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
What an amazing Wurster call right now.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Yannick_B posted:

It was really good, but I think I was and am still a bit more worried about Chris Gethard's terrible plan to get to Bonnaroo.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Yannick_B posted:

I passed by Wurster outside a club the other night and I looked directly at him in the eyes and he looked directly in mine, and I know he could sense that because of him I'll never stop saying "No, I think you mean G. Gallin".

I could just tell him this since I see him at shows a lot, but I never want to bother him.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Billy Gnosis posted:

It was really good, but I think I was and am still a bit more worried about Chris Gethard's terrible plan to get to Bonnaroo.

Yeah, the whole plan is kind of frightening but you gotta love how appropriate it is considering his book's title.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Scharpling did another show with Maron, $2.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-marc-and-tom-show/id531038918

Haven't heard yet but it's well worth it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Saw a price and an iTunes link, assumed Bopped by a Squirrel was available by purchase, kinda disappointed.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Bopped By a Squirrel is amazing. Beach Weirdo should definitely be next.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Bopped by a Squirrel really needs to be on iTunes. I feel like the launch day push really could get it on one of the charts.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Last night's episode was awesome. Between Mike's response song and Pixart's The General, I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to hear the 500th show.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Best Show has been so drat good lately. This was one of the best in a long while. Braunohler is loving hilarious.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Yeah I thought it had been in a lull since Tom went on vaca and last show really flipped the switch. I love when comedians sit in with Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SansWetware posted:

Best Show has been so drat good lately. This was one of the best in a long while. Braunohler is loving hilarious.

He has that same quality that PFT has for sending Tom into joke overdrive. Hopefully he becomes a regular.

Also, Mike's response song was hilariously lame.