Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

the one who snubbed him in person has been dead for several years though right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

the one who snubbed him in person has been dead for several years though right?

The opposite, actually. Micky Dolenz is the only Monkee left.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spite = immortality

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Fans of celebrity/comedian cameo heavy music videos will enjoy this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04v-SdKeEpE

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Hey everyone, relatively new fan here. Knew Tom as the voice of Greg Universe and decided to look him up on YouTube and found clips of his show like "The Saddest Moment At Beatlefest" and his Kevin Smith rant. Subscribed to his podcast during his break and have been listening since its triumphant return. I love this show. It's so comfy :tipshat:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's always nice to grow the ranks of the Friends of Tom

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
we get it, they don't

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

DoubleCakes posted:

Hey everyone, relatively new fan here. Knew Tom as the voice of Greg Universe and decided to look him up on YouTube and found clips of his show like "The Saddest Moment At Beatlefest" and his Kevin Smith rant. Subscribed to his podcast during his break and have been listening since its triumphant return. I love this show. It's so comfy :tipshat:

If you really get the bug, the archives of the radio version of his show is still up at: https://wfmu.org/playlists/BS

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

How’s that September 11th episode?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I'm relisting to it now.

Lots of nostalgia over the hearing the scratchy old record and old opening. Less nostalgia for the post 9-11 "when will we ever laugh again" discourse even though I'm old enough to have gone through that myself.

If I had a time machine, it would be hard to decide whether to go back to 9-10 and stop the attacks or go back to 9-12 and tell everyone to get over themselves because it all gets so much worse.

Edit: Wait - is this the episode where he coins FOT?

Weembles fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 24, 2021

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Popcorn boooowls popcorn booowls, I sure miss grandma’s popcorn boooowls

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Dr.Radical posted:

Popcorn boooowls popcorn booowls, I sure miss grandma’s popcorn boooowls

Aerosmith had a real gem with that Popcorn Bowls song; sad they never went through with it.

On that note, I relistened to the Jerry Watkins bestie and that whole skit with Grown Ups III, the Wacky Packages, Jerry half-naked singing to himself, all of it– it's a classic. Frankly, I'm surprised that Wacky Packages are a real thing, I thought they were a Newbridge creation.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

DoubleCakes posted:

Frankly, I'm surprised that Wacky Packages are a real thing, I thought they were a Newbridge creation.

Wait. Whaaaaaaaaat?!?!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Just about every quarter I got my hands on when I was in elementary school went to either wacky packages or garbage pail kids.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I still have a pile of em, they rule.

There was a place in the east village that had uncut sheets of originals and I still regret not buying one.

SolamenteDoug
Mar 26, 2017

Weembles posted:

Edit: Wait - is this the episode where he coins FOT?

I forgot about this- it’s because he felt gross calling it Scharpling’s Army after the attacks right? That episode is a pretty big bummer.

SolamenteDoug
Mar 26, 2017

AP Mike is live tweeting a relisten of the Four Loko Christmas episode

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The highlight of Four Loko Christmas is when Tom excitedly declares that THIS is how they're doing the show from now on, he's DONE with the old show!

I think that's about thirty minutes before he collapses

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the 4 loko christmas special is maybe the single best episode of the show if I had to pick one

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Oh boy, I didn't even talk about my favourite Scharpling/Wurster skit: Power Pop Pop Pop. When I first heard it, it was a revelation. Even though I've only heard it in the last year, it feels like it has informed my comedy for my whole life.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Felt good knowing I'm not the only one one who's arm still hurts 6 months after my second shot.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

YOLO Tengo is a great username

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Okay, how many weeks in a row has "Mike" called into the Best Show? I think he might be an official co-host now. Looks like the Best Show is getting that star power, if you know what I mean. *winks loudly*

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Really enjoy the Mike/Big Scooter calls, its always a good time when a caller drops something

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Julie Klausner just announced she's doing her show in Los Angeles on April 30th at Hotel Cafe. Just got myself two tix :cool:

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

Everly on JK Rowling:

"She took a quiz and she's a Hufflepuff so she's NOT the bad guy."

Tom:

"Oh, well you'll find out soon enough."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to know who the eeyore vibes guy was he's been talking about this for years.

SolamenteDoug
Mar 26, 2017

I think he’s hinted at it before as Jenny Bicks, the season 2 show runner for Divorce.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The shut in from Kentucky last week ground the show to an incredible halt.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haha I was gonna post about that too but forgot. That had to have been the worst call in the entire history of the show.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

Haha I was gonna post about that too but forgot. That had to have been the worst call in the entire history of the show.

It killed toms flow for the rest of the show.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Double Threat just announced two live shows:

Wednesday September 28 2022 - Los Angeles - Lodge Room
Thursday October 20 2022 - Brooklyn - The Bell House

Sorry, flyover states.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

Shooting down their plane and forcing them to perform in Dubuque, Iowa

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Feeling pretty good on the new theme. Tom playing Frankie Teardrop near the end of the show threw me for a loop.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
I like the new theme. Wishing Tom the best with the new studio, too

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/bestshow4life/status/1539462118558162944?s=20&t=77otUQKd571KKxxj0iBpqw

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I guess Tom misses the extreme exhaustion from doing WFMU phone-a-thons

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
My prediction: The surprise guests are almost entirely people who have been on the show before, many of them multiple timers like Clair OKane, Todd Barry, etc.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Zach Woliner (Z-Man, Wolly Wackiman) has been on Twitter asking other puppeteers to call in, so... there's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I don't remember Conan calling in before. And it's been a while since the last Gorch appearance.

Tom seems to be putting in an effort.