Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
I was laughing as hard at PIXARt as I did at the Juggalo episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Good grief Wally Wackimann's song was so horrendous. It kinda circled back into hilarious.

500 2-3 hour episodes is such a mountain of content. And always with actual content. Wurster calls or guests or SOMETHING you can tell he worked on. Guy puts in a lot of work.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This week lacked Tom, but drunk Mike doing Skeevy never fails to amuse me. Also, I'm never going to think of Mike the same way. I think Skeevy talking about Mike's sexual awakening is the most disturbing thing I've heard on this show.

Edit: "Oh my god, there was a child listening through that".

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Billy Gnosis posted:

This week lacked Tom, but drunk Mike doing Skeevy never fails to amuse me. Also, I'm never going to think of Mike the same way. I think Skeevy talking about Mike's sexual awakening is the most disturbing thing I've heard on this show.

Edit: "Oh my god, there was a child listening through that".
Haha that quote killed me

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Wurster is on fire lately in my opinion: that epic time-travel call for the 500th was insane (loved the reference to himself too) and I found his call last week the best Philly Boy Roy one in a while (and they're all good). Think I just find any mention of Romney hilarious, plus I will always childishly laugh at Roy saying 'pulled a boner'.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Tom wasn't in tonight? NOOOooo. I never listen when he isn't there. Didn't really dig last Tuesday's show except for Philly Boy Roy. Tom seemed spent.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I thought all the Spoonman stuff was gold.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GraPar posted:

Wurster is on fire lately in my opinion: that epic time-travel call for the 500th was insane (loved the reference to himself too) and I found his call last week the best Philly Boy Roy one in a while (and they're all good). Think I just find any mention of Romney hilarious, plus I will always childishly laugh at Roy saying 'pulled a boner'.

The time travel call was definitely one of his best ever.

Groucho Marxist posted:

I thought all the Spoonman stuff was gold.

This too.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

NESguerilla posted:

For some reason the name "Chubland Checker" still cracks me up when I think about it.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Final fifteen? Say it ain't so.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think he's just blowing smoke.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
No, this time Tom is completely serious with his throwaway comment about being done with the show.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I hope it was throwaway.

Dude just seems like he's getting ready to get done with everything entertainment.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Final fifteen? Say it ain't so.

He'd been fighting with station management for a while, trying to dump AP Mike. He finally had enough and gave them an ultimatum, and they elected not to re-up his contract, once it runs out in a few months. I'll be sorry to see him go.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Holy poo poo.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I'll believe it in 15 episodes I guess.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

You really don't have any clue how WFMU works, do you?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Oh i get it now. Har de har har.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

WoG posted:

He'd been fighting with station management for a while, trying to dump AP Mike. He finally had enough and gave them an ultimatum, and they elected not to re-up his contract, once it runs out in a few months. I'll be sorry to see him go.

MIKE :argh:

binky the doormat
Apr 22, 2008
Great Jon Wurster call last night. Just two completely different, insane stories (the Van Morrison/John Mellencamp cruise and the Howard Cosell hardcore punk movie) that still somehow compliment each other and are both signature Wurster. As far as I'm concerned the man is a comic genius.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

binky the doormat posted:

Great Jon Wurster call last night. Just two completely different, insane stories (the Van Morrison/John Mellencamp cruise and the Howard Cosell hardcore punk movie) that still somehow compliment each other and are both signature Wurster. As far as I'm concerned the man is a comic genius.

Yeah, I really was itching to re-listen to it today. The real question however, is how long till the guy from Mit Hamine blows it again? Next week?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Billy Gnosis posted:

Yeah, I really was itching to re-listen to it today. The real question however, is how long till the guy from Mit Hamine blows it again? Next week?

I couldnt believe how the guy from Mit Hamine turned a corner into a worse caller persona/schtick. If he does it on purpose, he's a genius.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My new favorite caller is the trashy sounding guy in his 50's that clearly has no idea what is going on. Hearing Tom gently caress with him is completely hilarious and borderline cringeworthy at the same time.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Like any other decent human being, I too find Skip Bayliss irredeemably obnoxious. Still, I think Tom labeling him as "human garbage" and "everything that's wrong with the world" hilariously harsh and unnecessary. I always marvel how Tom can so easily straddle the line between affable and completely vicious.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

My new favorite caller is the trashy sounding guy in his 50's that clearly has no idea what is going on. Hearing Tom gently caress with him is completely hilarious and borderline cringeworthy at the same time.

He reminds me of that one guy who called years ago and talked to Tom about Studio 54. Tom made up a few stories about being there in the 70s then proceeded to sing Belle and Sebastian songs to him.

I'm curious what podcast Tom faltered to mention or else he would "get yelled at again". PFT?

F.F. Woodycooks fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 13, 2012

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I'm curious what podcast Tom faltered to mention or else he would "get yelled at again". PFT?

The only ones he mentions with any regularity are Greg Proops's and Adam Carollo's, but I fail to see how either one would get him yelled at (except by me, cuz he trashed Smartest Man in the World a couple times, and it's an awesome podcast).

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Hold my funnel cake, son. Daddy's got some business to take care of.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

DangerDummy! posted:

Like any other decent human being, I too find Skip Bayliss irredeemably obnoxious. Still, I think Tom labeling him as "human garbage" and "everything that's wrong with the world" hilariously harsh and unnecessary. I always marvel how Tom can so easily straddle the line between affable and completely vicious.

Skip was the person for the Troy Aikman being gay rumors. Potentially outing someone in public is pretty high on the garbagometer.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Groucho Marxist posted:

Skip was the person for the Troy Aikman being gay rumors. Potentially outing someone in public is pretty high on the garbagometer.

Okay, that's pretty crappy. I thought he was just mad cuz he yells on TV a lot.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure that nobody has posted the legendary Wurster call 'Music Scholar' in this thread yet: http://coilhouse.net/2007/12/scharpling-and-wurster-the-best-show-on-wfmu/ Maybe my favourite call ever (because I feel myself becoming that guy everyday)

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Good god did I lose it at the Les from Hardcore Pawn pun

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Last night's episode was great. Was laughing my head off at Tom and AP Mike's Breaking Bad/Three Stooges bit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What is this a Rush concert?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Last night's episode was great. Was laughing my head off at Tom and AP Mike's Breaking Bad/Three Stooges bit.

YES! I loved the sound effects.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I think I honestly would watch "Cables"

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

I think my favorite of all I've heard was one from last year where Wurster calls in as a guy living with his psychotic grandmom (It's grandmom!). There has to/needs to be an archive of just the Wurster calls some place.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

You guys are wrong because none of those Wurster calls end with him being laser whipped.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Dr.Radical posted:

I think my favorite of all I've heard was one from last year where Wurster calls in as a guy living with his psychotic grandmom (It's grandmom!). There has to/needs to be an archive of just the Wurster calls some place.

And now after talking about that, I really want to hear it again but haven't been able to find which one it was. Anyone have any idea? It's driving me crazy!

Edit: Nevermind, it's the call where one of Tom's former high school classmates calls about their high school reunion.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 6, 2012

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Dr.Radical posted:

There has to/needs to be an archive of just the Wurster calls some place.

This only goes back to 2009 but it's basically exactly what you're asking for: http://wfmu.org/playlists/BD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hey, maybe one of you guys can help me find something I was looking for. It was a call from the little kid Mac and it was/is featured in the Gems podcast. Mac was reading a book about metal and Wurster calls in and fucks with him pretending to be the bassist from some cock rock band that was featured in it. Hilarious call but I can't find it in the gems archive and I know it was there at one point. Those don't get deleted over time right?

Also, the ban is long over. We need a new thread title.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 7, 2012