Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BigFactory posted:

A pretty dumb argument in general, I apologize, but it’s definitely one of the clips I had heard before I was a big fan of the show. Everyone’s algorithm is different, but it’s near the top for me when I search in YouTube (not google for me, you’re right). There are two clips of it on YouTube (at least). One has 65k views and the other has 30 something. Most best show clips have like 10k. There are some standouts like paul f Tompkins talking about gathering of the juggalos that have a lot more views, but jazz man is up there. Anyways, dumb argument and it’s a very funny clip that everyone should hear because it’s funny. I’ll listen to the full interview sometime I’m sure but I’m in podcast hell right now with way too much to catch up on.

It’s nbd. I actually wasn’t even referring to the jazz man thing in regards to doing his research haha. I just threw that in there since they talked about jazz man.

I meant that Will clearly read either all or enough of the book to talk about it decently in depth with Tom instead of phoning in the interview.

I don’t blame you for finding Chapo annoying I have sort of a love/hate thing with them myself. They can be pretty great but can be annoying too. It’s a very on and off show for me.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It is an extra layer of lovely that Spike didn't just want to hear his own voice but also seemed to feel he had extra "importance" to the show than he did and I think that was behind him shunning the show for a while after Tom returned to FMU. Dave from Knoxville should be canonized, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Spikes hubris is all part of why he’s the greatest. He’s got a real ego on him and thinks he’s a rockstar. He has no idea people just think he’s funny because he’s extremely annoying and a pathological liar who constantly says weird poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Maybe if a bunch of us spam all the Doo-Wop-related groups on Facebook with the Best Show's schedule and phone number we can get that weird, transgressive vibe back.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Maybe if a bunch of us spam all the Doo-Wop-related groups on Facebook with the Best Show's schedule and phone number we can get that weird, transgressive vibe back.

Or post on Nextdoor with the number when the show is live

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm just about done with the audio book, and I found it genuinely great. Tom is an amazing weirdo, and I recommend picking it up even if you've bought the book already.

C'mon. Give Tom more money.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He was fun on Office Hours yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8lvoN-dB6A

Snowy posted:

Or post on Nextdoor with the number when the show is live

This... could work!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love Tim Heidecker and Vic Berger but I cannot wrap my head around why they let that one dude just blast off annoying sound bites over every episode. it completely ruins Office Hours.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Doug and Vic are both doing it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Regardless, I do not understand why they do it. I could see it being a sort of funny anti comedy bit for like, one episode but every episode I have listened to is like that.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You’re not wrong. It even sometimes pisses Tim off and he’ll do a sorta-not-fake rage freak out “hang on I’m trying to listen to the guest!”

Lol

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Cannot fathom not liking the drops. It's part of what makes Office Hours the show it is.

Want another one?

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I love pretty much everything Tim and Vic do and yeah I get kinda annoyed with the sound drops myself.

Finished Tom's book and it was pretty good. It's funny how a lot of common Best Show stories work so well in written form, like Spike Lee snubbing him at a Knicks practice.

I actually had no idea him and Terre split up, they always seemed good together :/

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Coming in a little late but Tom's episode of Doughboys was very good. Tom even promised to stop referring to them as Hamburger Men :3: Was kind of hoping we'd get an update on Ahoy but oh well

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Ahoy probably only really works during Lent

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mikes limp bizkit song could be used by the military as torture.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I finished It Never Ends yesterday and I really enjoyed it but the parts that had me laughing the hardest were excerpts from The Best Show. If you're reading this thread, you should try to buy a copy or get it from your library.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
I loved the kid callers ep. Tom's got the best rapport with kids, it's so good I use his "you must be....fifteeen?" thing all the time at work and it's always beautiful. Great episode

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I still think the all time great was when he asked the girl what grade she was and she said “I’m in college”

SolamenteDoug
Mar 26, 2017

Can Pat stretch out his stories a bit more

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Pat’s soft boiled egg story took like 20 minutes and the gist of it was just that he ordered something he didn’t know would be messy at a coffee shop.

Too bad the Best Show FB group isn’t around any more. Would have loved to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Mike not wearing a mask in public.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol the FB group is gone? Also, I didn't listen but lol at Mike not wearing a mask.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol the FB group is gone? Also, I didn't listen but lol at Mike not wearing a mask.

It wasn’t particularly controversial

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Ap mike followed me on Twitter. I hardly ever tweet, it’s so confusing

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Ap mike followed me on Twitter. I hardly ever tweet, it’s so confusing

Mike follows back everyone who follows him. If it took a while for him to follow you back, I think he might just not be very careful about keeping up to date.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Good lord is there a ton of preamble before they get to the John Kassir interview on Double Threat

edit: Okay, admittedly I posted this while I was only about 45 minutes into the episode. Keep listening, it gets amazing.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 19, 2021

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Binowru posted:

Good lord is there a ton of preamble before they get to the John Kassir interview on Double Threat

edit: Okay, admittedly I posted this while I was only about 45 minutes into the episode. Keep listening, it gets amazing.

It's such a good episode.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:iiam:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Great ep, guys. Kassir was very informative!

Edit: big-timed by ol Crypty!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

very impressed that the oreohead refused to cross picket lines, really didn’t expect that for some reason

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

a dozen swans posted:

It's such a good episode.

If Tommy Stinson is any indication, Tom is never going to let this go lol.

inferis posted:

very impressed that the oreohead refused to cross picket lines, really didn’t expect that for some reason

Ha, yeah. I didn't even know about that strike. She should have called in earlier. Not that I've bought any oreos in the last few year anyways.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
finally got un-lazy and finished tom's book. fantastic.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Anyone else watching the Double Threat livestream? Going pretty well so far.

https://imgur.com/S2DbZ8J

edit: Almost 2 hours in, they're finally getting to the chili tasting. "I'm so excited and so bored," Tom said

Binowru fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 6, 2021

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Best quote was from Tom, intensely watching Brett eat chili: "look at him, he's eating the chili"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have started listening to office hours regularly over the past few months and have become numb to the drops. they don't make me want to slam my head against the wall anymore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tom's impression of Curb Your enthusiasm with covid masks on was amazing.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah last ep was the best in awhile even without a Wurster call.

Lol at Pat not being able to watch Curb any more. The recent season opener with Albert Brooks was pretty good imho

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Oh cool one of the Monkees died. Now we’ll get to hear about how much Tom loves them for the next week until the show :rolleyes:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Dr.Radical posted:

Oh cool one of the Monkees died. Now we’ll get to hear about how much Tom loves them for the next week until the show :rolleyes:

my condolences in this difficult time for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Namaste