Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

ClaytonClaw posted:

I just listened to the Matt Walsh interview and it was so awkward, I was sure the feud was just a bit, but I guess not.

The old Matt Walsh calls were awesome. My favorite is Matt trying to promote his special and Jon Benjamin calls in as a Steve Carell fan who spends litteraly 30 minutes on the line trying to load imdb. (May 21, 2002 if anyone is interested)

There was a feud? I thought Matt just cursed a few times during his previous interview and Tom had to heave-ho him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hmm, he really was mad just for accidentally cursing on air? That's all it takes to set Tom "G.G. Allin is God" off?

kind of makes you wonder about what set off the PFT dispute...

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah guys I assumed it was a bit coming from Tom worrying about repercussions from the FCC, I was responding to:

ClaytonClaw posted:

Yeah, but Tom got mad at him irl for that

Also, I have no idea what this means:

Satire Forum Mom posted:

don't disrespect Kevin Allin like that.
I brought up G.G. Allin because obviously Tom couldn't possibly have a problem with profanity. Unless that's a show reference I don't get :confused:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 12, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

NESguerilla posted:

I am pretty sure his GG Allin love is 90% a joke too like Mickey Dolenz.

Ah, thanks. In that case, sorry about that Satire

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Wurster didn't click for me the first one or two times I heard him...then I heard one of his characters die by laser-whip. Now that I get the whole "Newbridge is a fake city filled with Tom and Wurster characters" joke his calls are probably my favorite part of the show.

Also, I decided to type Tom Scharpling into Google to see what this first suggestion was that Tom berated the "lowest common denominator" of his fans for causing...

Google posted:

Tom Scharpling
Tom Scharpling paul f tompkins
Tom Scharpling twitter
Tom Scharpling WFMU

Oh. :smith:

Urk! fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 14, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Groucho Marxist posted:

Best Show Gems just put out what may be my favorite Best Show bit ever, the 2008 Newbridge Mayubernational Debate.

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. It's over and hour and a half of Wurster characters debating one another, with Tom moderating. By far my new favorite bit, thank you for the recommendation.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
An article about WFMU's costs post-Sandy:

The Star-Ledger posted:

"The hurricane also has forced the cancellation of the popular WFMU Record Fair, an annual swap of vintage vinyl that serves as the station’s most reliable fundraiser. A blog post at WFMU.org minced no words about the meaning of the cancellation, calling it a "financial disaster" for the station.

Freeman estimates that the swamping of the Record Fair will mean a $150,000 loss for the station. Add that to an estimated $100,000 in "fried equipment," and one of the world’s most fearless stations is facing a quarter-million-dollar disaster."

I hope Tom can pull off another successful fundraiser :(

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Looks like Coop finished the design for the t-shirt:

Looks good

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Speaking of guesting on podcasts, Gary the Squirrel is this week's guest (along with Andy Kindler) on The Fogelnest Files.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
That really sucks. I dropped off listening to shows recently but I always appreciated the show.

Wonder if he'll do a WTF/Marc and Tom Show about it?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Illinois Smith posted:

That whole Capt. Bayonne vs Dr. Cronut segment ... Holy gently caress!

I can hear the horrible ray-gun noise just looking at that

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
yessssss Bad Company this call

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
What a perfect way to end it, with a fakeout. God drat it.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, that's the other major thing I'll miss about the show. I heard a bunch of music I'd either breezed over or never heard before. Tom really expanded my music collection/tastes.

Vv thanks, I'll check it out vV

Urk! fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

The Bunk posted:

Someone uploaded the entire mp3 archives here.

That's awesome, I didn't know they finished that. Thanks for the link. Any chance of putting the link in the first post OP?

Love some Best Show but I sure as hell won't miss Realplayer.