Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

I will never get tired of Tom's disdain for Mike and his kind. Also I miss Julie from Cincinnati.

Have any of you guys ever called in? I've thought about it before but Tom scares me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Binowru posted:

Who is she, anyway? A regular caller? I've only heard her on one episode and all I know is she follows a bunch of SA people on Twitter.

Julie calls from time to time. She used to get pretty wasted and call the show a lot to talk about her dog, driving drunk, and quitting smoking, but I think she's been getting her act together and doesn't check in as often. She was actually in the studio with Tom a couple months ago. I don't really know how to describe her. She has a funny way of talking and is someone who can say "wait, whaaat" to Tom and get away with it. I kind of remember that she got to do a half-hour "Julie Show" where she interviewed Spike and/or Fredericks and the topic was sandwiches. She sounds like a five year old who got into the liquor cabinet.

Roosevelt fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 20, 2011

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Narwhale posted:

Speaking of which, if there are any new listeners who haven't seen what Spike looks like, you are in for a surprise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxv-RR2biYo
:aaaaa: That is incredible. I was way off.

Here's a Dogmo comic

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I called in awhile ago. I talked to Tom about my summer plans and somehow the conversation turned to Dairy Queen. He proceded to give me the "Heave Ho" because when he asked about those push up pops, I asked if he meant the Flintstones brand. He accused me of shilling for "Hanna or Barbara" and called it his shakiest Heave Ho ever. By the way, I heard him on the phone tell me heave Ho and it was insane.

Wow, I remember that call! It really was one of the most unjustified gomps ever, because the call had nothing to do with hanna/barbara. Just him finding an excuse to kick someone. If you call again and talk about about push pops, I'll call after he heave-ho's you and support your argument.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

TransatlanticFoe posted:

The June 15, 2010 episode is one of my favorites. PFT in studio, Wally Wackiman and H-Man in studio, great Milo call, and Tom starts singing the riff from "Old Time Rock and Roll" to Spike for no reason.

^That is a good one.

Speaking of Wally, one of my favorites is the Jan 19, 2010 show, which is the showdown between Wally and H-Man to decide who's the real protege. H-Man is in the dog house because he missed a listener meet up. Wally steps up and really drives the show, but ends up interviewing the Z-Man (his handler), and really freaks everyone out. Much puppet discussion. For me it's really the apex of Wally appearances.

Narwhale posted:

Speaking of the archives, does anyone know of a way to download the old episodes? For some reason everything older than 2 years is a RealMedia file. I tried doing some research about how to convert them but didn't find anything. I did find a torrent but there haven't been any seeders since I've found it.

I ended up biting the bullet and downloading RealPlayer on my pc so I could listen to them :(. If anyone has any better solution I'd love to know.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Spike's back! Anyone think he's going to show up?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Skeevy's kind of rough. I'd like it if the OP (original puppet) got up the felt to call in and go to war with him.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Tom was also on the Chris Gethard show last night. It's pretty bad but he's great: http://thechrisgethardshow.com/.

Tom wants to heave-ho every last one of these people.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

"I am thankful for Mr. Tom Scharpling, der;
I am thankful for Michael."

-Larry D. Pervisson

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tom was in the best mood he's been in for months. He even wanted to see how James was doing!

edit: he even nailed the station id's and wished Mike a happy Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Meh best show was just okay last night.

Regardless, I still learned the phrase, "we can all agree that those ideas eat pants porridge, roight?"

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Ohhhhh man, I love Tom's rage when Wally is losing the voice.

I love how Wally goes completely off the rails whenever Tom interrupts him about it.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Been catching up on some of the later episodes and one of my favorite things ever has to be Spike being the very first caller on the emergency cell phone show.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

AP Mike appreciation show gave me tenders :3:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

And this is how Tom feels about AP Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUL68ZeclcA

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Billy Gnosis posted:

That friend of Mike's call was really sweet.

this may be my favorite call of all time tbh.

she was really sweet on Mike.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Oh poo poo i JUST found out about this. Just barely in time to listen to the final show tonight, but still

gently caress

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i'm having an out of body experience. i can't believe this is the last time i'm going to hear dave from knoxville call in.

i was having connection problems too. has spike called in yet?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

JAMES!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

This is flattering

https://twitter.com/moviefone/status/413145934172672000

moviefone ‏@moviefone
Hey @scharpling we've got 2 tickets to Thor 2 if you need them! #BestShowWFMU #BestShowForLife

:3:

CaptainPsyko posted:

That long dump on Roy *terrified* me that I had lost my stream.

Me too.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

awww big star...think i'm going to cry you guys

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Spike still hasn't called. This isn't right.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

CaptainPsyko posted:

Spike. :(

Stupid jerk Spike wouldn't answer Tom's email. :(

Spike seems to me like he may be the type who checks his email on a quarterly basis.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

GET OFF MY PHONE

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

HEAVE-HO

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

GraPar posted:

Him and PFT talking about The Gathering is definitely a strong candidate for funniest, most legendary clip in the show's history

qft

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

15 minutes til history. Drink it in.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WURSTER

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Same :(

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

sand in my eyes..

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

long live The Best Show :rip:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Citizen Jerk posted:

Scharpling and Wurster forever.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Terry T's call on no dudes night was kind of disturbing.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

there are a lot of bland dude callers who are just like "oh, uhhh, hi Tom, uhhhhh I had one for the topic" and they suck and their topic stuff sucks and they're bad

the lady callers are just better all around. there was a lady who called in some episodes ago and she called mike out on some obnoxious opinion he had, and she told Tom, "get him on the phone." so then mike had to come into the studio to defend himself. that was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tom got bad company'd :lol:

Now he needs to get gomp'd