Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

CaptainPsyko posted:

According to Livestream, only ~4000 people are listening?

After a year hiatus and keeping in mind most people do not listen live (I almost always had work tuesday nights previously), that sounds reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I was really close to calling when the initial callers at the start of the show were all awful, but I had nothing to talk about and above all else that is the mark of a bad caller and that's not a thing I'm willing to be.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Illinois Smith posted:

Squarespace ads were kind of inevitable but I guess part of me was still hoping the Best Show could pay the bills by advertising awesome box sets or something. Oh well.

Listen, if the Bombcast is any indication Tom could potentially have the best podcast commercials out there.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

NESguerilla posted:

I'm bummed Laurie never called back after the ban. Or at least on a regular basis, but I don't think she's called at all. She always had a good dynamic with Tom.

I don't keep up with Seven Second Delay as much as I used to but she used to call that show all the time too and I haven't heard her on that one either.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Tom and PFT used to be good friends - Tompkins was even in studio for some of the shows most famous bits. Then one day Tom started making veiled references about some kind of backstabbing false friend and Tompkins completely vanished from the Best Shows orbit, and that was that.

Nobody really knows any more than that.

This was also around the time they were both working on a pilot for adult swim that never got picked up, i imagine that'd be a pretty good catalyst.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Oh christ, Wurster's gonna be on the next Steven Universe.

I wanted this, but I don't know that I'm ready for it.

Also all of Wurster's characters are so wildly inappropriate for children, I have no idea what to expect.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Yep, Upsala doesnt exist anymore.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

GraPar posted:

Last night's Steven Universe was completely Tom-centric and also featured the voice acting talents of one Mr. Jon Wurster in a big supporting role. So it's pretty much a must watch.

Uh, yeah, speaking of that. I made a bit of a modification to my Best Show poster I got as a marathon premium a few years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

NESguerilla posted:

Julie Klausner reminds me of Laurie in the sense that she isn't really that entertaining on her own, but she really amps Tom up to be extra funny so I always look forward to her. I wonder what ever happened to Laurie.

Edit: actually I felt the same way about PFT. He was probably the best of anyone in that regard, but I usually didn't find him all that funny.

She also stopped calling into 7 Second Delay around the same time as the Regular Caller Ban, iirc.