Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

Tom on Facebook cracks me up. He posts the stupidest poo poo and never responds to anyone. Right now he's whining about losing his old iPod and people are offering to give him one and he's just kind off in his own world.

I think he's one of the funniest dudes on earth but he is way worse than Micy Dolenz irl. He just relishes in his pseudo celebrity so much that he makes Lowtax seem pretty cool by comparison.

Counterpoint-- I've emailed him a couple of times about various things, and he's written back each time and has been a super nice, cool dude. I think his approach to random pepole responding to his twitter/facebook is pretty sane, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Why can't it be both?

Seriously, though, I got my box set a few weeks ago, and it is fantastic. Definitely pro-buy if anyone is on the fence.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Hadn't heard about this until just now, but apparently Tom is in the new season of I Think You Should Leave that comes out in a couple of hours.

(edit: it only just now occurred to me that Tom has probably talked about this on the show-- I'm waayyyy behind on episodes)

an owls casket fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 1, 2023