Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it is and it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I tend to agree, caller quality has gotten much worse since the move from WFMU.

That said some of the regulars were irritating as hell (ugh the Greggulator, Z man, the list goes on) so maybe this is just more purestrain best show. Avalanche Bob sucks mighty powerfully but Tom is gradually turning on him / losing his patience, which amuses me greatly.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
is that not from the gorch's thing about math? "only math i need to know is YOU equals BEAT UP"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i remembered thanks to my THE GORCH t-shirt

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

The Bunk posted:

The Mega archive of the WFMU years is still up if anyone else wants to go back. I didn't make it very far during the WFMU->Podcast break so I still have ~7 years of shows before I get to where I started listening (my first ep was Gathering of the Juggalos with PFT!)

https://mega.nz/folder/IhMUHSbT#bd9x_zzfj2lFfm8_dkvD_A

drat, thanks for this link. it freaks me out i've been listening to this show for over ten years, i'm gonna try and figure out the first ep i ever heard (and download the whole thing for safekeeping :angel:)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i got interested and looked it up:

https://twitter.com/scharpling/status/1086329395181084673

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dr.Radical posted:

Oh the one I saw was from Good Reads and it talked about Tom being put in a mental institution and getting electroshock therapy. I looked it up again and the description has changed. :shrug:

i would also really like to read that, to be fair

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i'm really excited to hear that the best show is going to continue. i can't blame tom for not wanting to do it over the past several months but i've been listening for ~ ten years now and the show has gotten me through some rough times and it's one of the few things that can still warm my cold dark heart these days

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

gently caress yes, big snipe energy

gonna listen to the 2016 election night episode today to get properly in the mood :madmax:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Asnorban posted:

Was last night's The Best Show anywhere near as insane as Fred from Honolulu makes it sound? He's certainly having one about it.

[thread]
https://twitter.com/FredFromHon/status/1326388317785612291?s=20

what in the world

seemed like a pretty normal and good episode to me, v glad the best show is back

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i really love the idea of a tag team boxing match that's jake & logan paul vs. springsteen & trent reznor

where can i send my money for this to be real

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
finally got un-lazy and finished tom's book. fantastic.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's always nice to grow the ranks of the Friends of Tom

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the 4 loko christmas special is maybe the single best episode of the show if I had to pick one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i'm pretty sure the last gorch appearance was ~10+ years ago when he rolled up to the wfmu studios on his rascal scooter

gorch snype