Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
The kazoo guy at the very end of the show was really nuts, I was kind of shocked that Tom let him go as long as he did but it ended up being pretty funny overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

SolamenteDoug posted:

Do you have puppy dogs was from AP Mike appreciation day I think, which was a later day WFMU episode.
"Hi, I'm Dennis" always kills me, in context it was so funny off the cuff (was that one of the four loko shows?) and it slayed me when he used it in the sound collage with Touch Me

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I know that Tom is supposed to suffer here but i don't know why we all have to hear goddamn Cat from Raleigh

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

inferis posted:

I'm just glad she knows how much the fans don't like her calls

I don't think she's internalized it at all. Also, I don't even mind her much normally but her Tom Can't Complain call was insufferable.

SoupyTwist posted:

I don't mind Kat from Raleigh that much but airing forum drama on the show.... yikes.
The thread in the group loving sucked too, everyone who expressed a negative opinion deleted their comments because the majority was so against any negativity

Know Such Peace posted:

Kat thinks all the criticisms are coming from one dude.
From the thread, it seems like she knows it's not one dude but she made some comment about PTSD, which was just ughhh

Also re: Tom Can't Complain, a couple people seem to think the last caller ("Connor"?) is Nathan Fielder. I definitely noticed during the calls that he sounded like Nathan but I just chalked it up to using a really neutral affect to be annoying

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Know Such Peace posted:

Tom alluded to it in his reddit ama a year ago, and he gave a half-answer that felt a lot like a 'no'.
I don't think this was any particular conflict between Tom and Ted necessarily, I saw this interview a few months ago that made it sound like things have been kind of rough on Ted in recent years, he moved back to Rhode Island and such

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

ManoliIsFat posted:

Gary comes in in the last 30 mins and half of that time is spent trying to think of songs for Nellie to play that Tom knows. Kevin gets really quiet in the last hour, doesn't respond to any of Tom's goading, it's kinda weird.
Speculation is it's because Nellie was making GBS threads on The Departed and Scorsese, when Kevin was in the movie.

I enjoy Kevin to an extent, or I at least enjoy Tom enjoying Kevin, but man I would not have him as a top tier/go-to guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Julie was great as always, the Wurster call was good, and there's a good story in the first call with a really funny punchline (the caller takes a while to get to it)