Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Spike doesn't look like Wesley Willis at all. Because they're both black and Spike is a little overweight? I have no idea what you are talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I kind of assumed the show was going to end with chumbawumba or a terrible caller.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I still wish the human bass from tremarche would call in again

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i'm torn about the best show getting less popular, on one hand fewer weirdo callers is a bummer but on the other hand tom is so great as a bitter underdog

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I am listening to the episode right now and I'm waiting for a caller to call Tom a peeper

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Did anyone find out if that disabled guy who called was for real? The software he was using isn't one of the ones specifically for disabled people.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Can't believe hitchhiker bot didn't end up on the worst robots list.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

That awkward racist dude in the half hour of power was great because they gave him a lot of room to keep digging as he said more and more suspicious things

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

jessica sounded like she was about to commit suicide

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I didn't know there were other callers from ithaca and she kind of mumbled her name my bad

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, are there any callers from ithaca?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

This show is never gonna have good weirdos again. I wish cassius would call again, he's better than avalanche bob in every way

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The Tom can't complain/tompressions were really the only shows that that really benefitted from the callers being insider-y. Without explicit prompting no one is really antagonistic enough to be interesting with few exceptions (mattress guy, Cassius, tom's real life). Everything else that's good about the show is incredibly labor intensive like the 2006 episode.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Rock music is dead so of course Tom can't find anything to play on the show. Guitars in 2017 are like playing a clarinet in 1992.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I started listening to the show at 1x because Tom leaves so much dead air on the show and it contributes to the pacing imo

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah all my hockey and tech podcasts are sped up and most of the comedy and music are at 1x.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'll take kazoo man over avalanche bob any day

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

this show has very few openly antagonistic callers compared to the radio days and i think angry tom is good tom

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kazoo man loving rules

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Gary was dunking on adventure time pretty hard and I wasn't sure if pen was uncomfortable

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

He's really really shy and soft spoken in person.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Good to know that Tom and Jon think trans people are good for a cheap laugh

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Well, since it was a promotional call, not a regular mutant, let's give it a 6.

Also, the cookie hacker can call every episode for all I care. (Snack hacker?)

Every avalanche bob call is promotional though.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Trip report: I had the Oreo cookie candy bar and it's gross should I call the show

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

did he do his christopher walken impression again? i can't believe tom let that go last time he was on

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Someone should call and talk about how well Paul f Tompkins is doing lately

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I like hearing Tom pretend he doesn't know anything about something he knows everything about.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Second only to the non regular callers who call in and engage with him like he's being serious

I will never forget "tonight we dine on elf meat"

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

That bit is even better than I remembered.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm just glad she knows how much the fans don't like her calls

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I laughed so hard the day I first learned that Gary the squirrel is an actual puppet and he uses it every time Gary is on the show

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

avalanche bob sucks and he doesn't even care about the show except for promotion

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

I can't tell if Avalanche Bob is a brilliant performance artist or a legitimate, very opportunistic crazy person.

what about him makes you think he could be brilliant? is it just a 'he's so bad he can't be for real'? the joke is barely funny on the face of it

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Did Kevin corrigan do Christopher walken again

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The only 2 patreon subscriptions I have are to podcasts with exclusive episodes. I would subscribe to the best show patreon if and only if they paywalled episodes.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The callers aren’t the problem it’s just Tom is getting soft now and just won’t hang up on anyone who likes anything he has ever done, including the best show

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Asnorban posted:

As I post this Kat from Raleigh calls in to the show to make sure she didn't get GOMPed.

i still don't understand how that wasn't a "make sure you didn't what???" response there

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

That moment when Tom nervously explains why massa’s is named that to his first black guest was hilarious and he needs to have more poc guests.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Tom is working harder than ever on this show, the callers are the worst they’ve ever been, and he is probably barely breaking even financially, when is he going to have an actual on air meltdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I still have no idea how the time travel show went so well if it had live callers. It seems like it would have gotten either no callers because people thought it was actually an old episode or terrible ‘comedians’ who tried too hard to be in on the bit.

Also, Cassius needs to call again some time, or the mattress guy, since Tom is so nice these days I think he plays off lovely people really well

inferis fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 26, 2018