Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Narwhale posted:

Thank god for the iphone's 'jump back 30 seconds' button, because it's really hard to scroll accurately past something on a 3 hour timeline.
You know about the half-speed / quarter-speed / fine scrubbing, right?

I've been listening regularly for a few months, and I'm most of the way through the gems backlog. I'd dipped in a little once or twice over the last few years, and the commitment (another 2.5 hrs/wk of audio) discouraged me, but it's just too good to write off.

The gems and albums pretty well cover the wurster characters / newbridgeverse, but anyone have any other recommendations for amazing past eps? (Aside from PFT/juggalo and the four loko party, that is, which were both gold)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I must have missed that. What did he say? Actually, does anyone know what actually happened between Tom and Paul? I am assuming it had something to do with their show? E: Just read more of the thread and it looks like the answer to that is no. Gah.
Right after wrapping up the call with Matt Walsh: "Mending fences, people say it can't be done.... Well, there's one that might never be done. Yeah, there's one that ain't comin' back."

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Final fifteen? Say it ain't so.

He'd been fighting with station management for a while, trying to dump AP Mike. He finally had enough and gave them an ultimatum, and they elected not to re-up his contract, once it runs out in a few months. I'll be sorry to see him go.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

The Bunk posted:

It's a milestone in every Best Show fan's journey when he finds out what Spike really looks like. I used to picture him looking like Tobin Bell!

I originally pictured him as Asian (for no discernible reason).

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Past Tense Ragu posted:

I just listened to the recent episode with Wurster doing that Newbridge rock star and it was reallly, really funny. "A cornucopia of chokejobs and balls dropped" cracked me up, plus all the overuse of "bacchanalia." And the ending was obviously kind of premature for Tom which made it funnier.

The only kind of 'bittorrenting' we did was-
*40 seconds of silence*

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
I love how Wurster's taking it up a notch in these last few episodes. Instead of calling Tom a 'dink-nits' or whatever, he just goes straight to 'jackass'.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
^Todd was on the phone for like five minutes, don't worry. (It wasn't nearly enough of him.)

First Best Show I actually listened to live. Missed the first song or two, but tuned in during Stairway, hot drat. He's closing out the Zeppelin streak in style.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Grr, the web stream won't load, or drops immediately, and that ustream rebroadcast sounds like poo poo. Podcast it is, I guess.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Site's responsive again; pre-ordered like a motherfucker.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

Illinois Smith posted:

He could just live stream the show
Ha, awesome.
Wow, fuckin' nostradamus over here. Next he'll tell us he knew it would involve audio.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Man, the livestream has dropped out on me half a dozen times now, and this time a refresh isn't loading it again. Might have to go the podcast route again.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Hey, a box set update!

quote:

March 30, 2015 , 10:09 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
CHICAGO, IL 60623 

March 12, 2015 , 6:59 am
Shipping Label Created
CHICAGO, IL 60623

Well.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Opened my box set today - I almost overlooked the consolidated cardboard packing tape, nice touch.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Fantastic episode this week - Huebel and Scheer were great, and the laser whip is back and better than ever. I was also quite pleased to see, when I checked after listening, that Adrian Monk's confirmed death had already been added to his Wikipedia page.

Praise Him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
I wish some site logged timestamps of Wurster calls, so I could catch those without having to skim through so much manually