Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Has anybody figured out a way to get the mp3's off the archives from before six weeks ago or whatever the cutoff is? I'd like to listen to the June 15, 2010 episode mentioned above but I can't sit at my computer for three hours to do it. I would hope that this isn't illegal since it's not a for-profit radio station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Mico posted:

The podcasts go back at least a year and are mp3 format.

Yes, and you may find after some complicated math that June 15, 2010 is more than a year ago.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

I just can't get over how funny Scharpling's description of Frank Zappa's music is. "A skipping record of Bitch's Brew over an obscene phone call"

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Scharpling implies that Paul F Tompkins is evil in this last episode, haha. That must have been some royal loving-over he gave him. It's a great episode by the way. That weird female caller "Quinn" who wouldn't "say she wasn't" friends with Tim Allen and then hung up, and Scharpling making Spike revise his nickname for Kevin Costner. That "there you go!" when he finally lands on Kevin Costco makes me laugh whenever I think of it.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

I just listened to the recent episode with Wurster doing that Newbridge rock star and it was reallly, really funny. "A cornucopia of chokejobs and balls dropped" cracked me up, plus all the overuse of "bacchanalia." And the ending was obviously kind of premature for Tom which made it funnier.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Hey can anybody identify the song playing at 1:15:00 of the 9/23/2008 episode? It's a piece of music that he just says is from the 80s. It's not in the shownotes, and he never names it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's Love Plus One by Haircut 100. Fooled around with it and was able to make out some lyrics.

Past Tense Ragu fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 30, 2012

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

I think you may have listed the wrong time or date because he isn't playing any songs around that time. He is on a pretty funny rant though.

I was using the podcast version without any songs at the beginning, so the time was off. By the way, 9/23/08 is a loving stellar episode, with some truly hilarious Wurster calls and really funny Spike dismissals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

I learned about The Best Show in like 2011 and even though I haven't been the most faithful listener, I've always loved the idea of this great comedy show broadcasting out from New Jersey in the late night with all my favorite musicians and comedians. I rediscovered Led Zeppelin because of this show. I really started taking music knowledge seriously because of Scharpling's impressive recall of every bands' members, lyrics, and album covers. I started to idolize this guy. I'll really miss him. Gonna make an effort to listen to every episode before now and the end live. I have to call in before the show is over because it's been a fantasy of mine from when I started listening.