Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I like to think the prog article Vance talked about at the end of the show was my doing, when I forwarded the email to Tom. Probably got a ton of emails on it though.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Wasn't Tompkins Scharplings partner on the pilot he had in development for Conedy Central which died?

Possibly some bad blood over that project?

Yeah it started with people noticing that they stopped following each other on twitter. Wish I could hear the full story someday.

"I'll feed ya garbage."

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

The Bunk posted:

It's a milestone in every Best Show fan's journey when he finds out what Spike really looks like. I used to picture him looking like Tobin Bell!

Yes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8bW3KonEU. Look at that apartment...

Good show last week too.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I liked how the topic Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due turned into a Mike Love-fest. He's the worst.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Last week's episode was really great. Anytime Tom has a guest in studio is gold. Have checked out this weeks yet though.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I have to thank Tom. Never thought I would be blocked by Chuck Woolery on Twitter.

haha I forgot to tweet to him that Tom says Hello. Correcting now.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I'm trying to listen to all the Best Show Gems. So good. The first Philly Boy Roy appearance doesn't sound like him at all really.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Oh man. Poor Tom...

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Anybody have a Friends of Tom card? I'm not sure if I have it or not.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Where's last week show on iTunes? Arghhh

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

NESguerilla posted:

This weeks episode is one of the funniest in a while. My favorite part of the show is when Tom rambles and makes fun of everything and there is a hell of a lot of it.

Yesss me too. I listened to it a bit yesterday and it's good one. Last week's was good too.

GraPar posted:

Good interview: http://www.avclub.com/articles/scharpling-wurster-pick-their-favorite-best-show-g,91510/

Also, in that they mention the Bruce Springsteen biographer call that came up in Best Show Gems a few weeks back and I don't think got mentioned in this thread, but is an all time classic.

Love those Gems too.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Is Mike really gone?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

het posted:

Yeah. He's really gone. Tom quit too. I can't believe this is how it ended.

I mean, how did you expect it to end?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
A new Marc and Tom Show is up on iTunes. Haven't checked it out yet but recommending

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Asterios posted:

I just saw this of WFMU's Marathon Premium Page

The Best Show On WFMU with Tom Scharpling presents the "Come On Y'All It's Time To Have Fun" Fun Pack!
A Best Show Rain Poncho! An exclusive Gary the Squirrel And Friends Vinyl Single! And a Best Show Button Pack!

Is the marathon tonight?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Hope everyone pledged!

Mico posted:

Are they gonna Ustream a video feed of the Best Show tonight? I haven't seen any video feeds of the marathon so far.

It's on the WFMU homepage.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

NESguerilla posted:

A couple of months ago Tom played a song by Giorgio Moroder and I can't remember what it was called. Anyone remember what the song was or which episode it was on?

also, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKo4cNJHhLY

"everyone knows the best show is a sausage party. Let's bring in some tacos Oprah style."

Mike's feet are gross.

This will never get old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixR-xog__k

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Tom yelling at a caller that he's talking over him will never get old

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
The Scharpling and Heidecker exchange happening on Twitter is amazing

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Anyone remember what show do they talk about Spike's book?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Anyone receive the pledge drive swag yet? HAve they shipped it?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
whoa bob odenkirk..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
holy poo poo