Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

CaptainPsyko posted:

Fogelnest and Daniel Ralston just did a really nice little Best Show retrospective.

Far too short to be anything resembling a comprehensive best of, but it covered a few of my favorite high notes and makes for a fun listen. It includes Tom's now definitive definition of Zappa, as 'getting a prank phone call while listening to a warped/skipping jazz fusion record.'

"It's like listening to a skipping copy of Bitches Brew while getting a prank phone call."

I love that description. I listened to the show last night with my girlfriend just sitting on our living room floor, it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The new episode of Low Times was great, they did the Fantasy Band Draft again. Tom is so good at destroying Maggie and Daniel's bands with the switcheroos. When Tom was talking about Robin Thicke I couldn't stop laughing and I was in public.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Illinois Smith posted:

JAZZ FART JAZZ FART EVERYBODY'S LISTENING TO THE JAZZ FART
JAZZ FART JAZZ FART EEEEVERYBODY'S LISTENING TO THE JAZZ FART

https://soundcloud.com/good_jon/jazz-fart-the-best-show-on-wfmu

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

POINTS!!!!!!!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

What, I want that, give me that, how do I get that, gimme it

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Weembles posted:

Tom and Jon are doing a panel at SF Sketchfest this year.

Andy Kindler is moderating and John Darnielle and Bob Mould are the musical guests.

http://sched.co/285V

That's like, everything I like in one room. Stupid lack of being in SF.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It's the year 8255 and the future is rough
Life in future Philly is certainly tough

e: that second Bad Company destroyed me, I'm dead

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 24, 2014

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm done with this show. Big Brother Ron's Real The Best Show forever.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

that really sucks, a lot.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

God I loved this week's episode.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
company, always on the run... destiny is the rising sun
oh, I was born, six gun in my hand
behind the gun I'll make my final stand
that's why they call me...
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Chad Gufton was in Denim Clad Dad... drat that's one of the finest bands ever, I'd put them at a B+ or maybe even A-

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Wurster posted a bunch on instagram.

Van Morris-halen was a good one too

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

oh also I forgot how funny Tom telling the Pagliacci story (but replacing Pagliacci with Pete Holmes) was.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Poor Skip. Those are some lovely sounding tattoos. Loved Tom's impatience with the calls towards the end of the show.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

well I for one like Jello Man and the way he makes sure you know every time he's attempting a joke by saying "if you will"

(he's a lovable dope. Kurt Vile on the other hand is just a dude who makes great music imho.)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

:toot: ~*~ half hour of power ~*~ :sax:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

this is really lovely, I hope Tom gets better.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This week's episode was great. I love Tom's new no bullshit attitude with callers because last week's callers were awful (generally)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I liked the guy who suggested Bender and Tom was like BECKER? TED DANSON'S BECKER? and just hung up. Great episode.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If you just start with the relaunch as a podcast, that's probably as good a place as any, it's pretty accessible for new listeners. Then once you've worked through the backlog of the last ~5 months, you can have people in this thread link you to some gems or whatever.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

great episode though I was bummed to hear that Fooglesnorp probably won't do his podcast again for awhile but it is cool that he's developing a TV show and all that stuff, I just really liked his podcast.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Scharpling, Wurster, and Philly Boy Roy all make appearances on today's WTF.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

mods please change my name to Avalanche Bob 33 tia.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

That episode was top to bottom great. No bad reception FPs calling in, Tom being cranky with almost every caller, that weird caller who is into like Spandau Ballet and whatever, etc.

(not that I don't love Chris Gethard etc. but I hate bad reception)

it has been like a month since anybody got Bad Company'd

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Groucho Marxist posted:

The Harry Morgan's son call was really good

yeah I wish Tom had figured out how to get him back over to Mike instead of just hanging up on him, I'd like to hear more from that dude.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The episode was actually pretty good if you skip the entire two hours or so where Corrigan was on!!! (yeah what a big snooze)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Who does the current theme?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tom said they'd do more of it in a week or two.

Did anyone listen to the Half Hour of Power? That guy who called in with the David Byrne story, oh my god, I want to see that picture so bad.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

According to the episode description, he does!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Still can't find that photo.

I tuned in to the stream tonight and listened to a Bryce call for a while but the stream is really laggy and kept timing out. Does that happen every week? If so no wonder they have trouble pulling new people in. I usually listen to it as a podcast but it'd be nice to be able to listen live when I'm home.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Well, I'll try it again the next time I'm around on a Tuesday night. Thanks for the info.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Charley Morgan with the f-bomb!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

GimpChimp posted:

Genuinely not sure how someone could be into the Jon Wurster calls and at the same time think the Hollywood Handbook guys are unbearable.

Yeah I was hooked from the first time I listened to HH after Tom had them on and then went on their show. I've listened to about a dozen of their episodes so far and I'm just making my way through the backlog when I'm out of 'new' stuff from this week. It's hilarious. The Nick Kroll episode and the Ben Schwartz one both destroyed me.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

WrathOfBlade posted:

Tom trying to a capella Bad Company someone last week was priceless.

Probably the best part of the episode. Not my favorite but appreciate their dedication to putting something together in spite of the tour. WIsh they'd bring it up to Canada

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

WIsh they'd bring it up to Canada

11/28 Toronto ON
11/29 Cambridge MA
12/13 Philly PA

Well ohhhhh poo poo. Tickets on sale 10am on Friday.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I bought tickets to the Toronto show. Interview with Damian Abraham this week was great but that's because I really like that guy, it wasn't the usual Best Show, which I miss.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Lil Bub's owner is a boring weirdo

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Half Hour of Power from this week was the best one ever. Someone called in to say Mike was bullying them on Linked In and hilarity ensues

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

uhhhhhhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There was a minor one this week, Roy called in and mentioned Stripes tattoos.