Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Nice thread. I think I'm ready to diversify my collection a bit, and try to acquire some things which don't appear in southern california.

To that point, here's my list: Stuff I have at the moment

There are some things on there I wouldn't want to trade, but there's no real way to mark them as such on that site right now so just ask if you're curious. Also, look at the "Hads" part of the list too, as most things on there from san diego-area breweries could probably be obtained easily as long as they're in season.

I also live about 10 minutes away from http://beverages4lessinc.com/ which beer nerds apparently cream over, so anything on their "in stock" list is something that's a quick trip for me to acquire. It's 20 minutes in the other direction to the Alpine brewery for me, so short of standing in long lines for rare releases I could probably be talked into making a trip out there for something brewery-limited, especially if there's a beer I really want on the other side of that trade in return. I don't really have a "wants" list, mostly any fantastic imperial stouts and quads I haven't had yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is anybody still looking for a bottle of CBS? I'd be willing to trade my only bottle left and I'm open to any offers. PM or e-mail me (bagofsunchips [at] gmail)

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
Since I can't get too many "rare" beers, is anyone interested in setting up a "local" beer trade?

There are bunch of small breweries in New England with very limited distribution, and I'd be up for a trade with other regions' local beer.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Alright, I guess the local trade isn't gonna happen...

Anyway, here's my Barleywine/DIPA Season ISO list:

Old Ruffian
Hopslam
Behemoth
Maharaja

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
ISO: Pannepot Grand Reserva, Left Hand Smokejumper, and any smoked beers not on the list below

Beer List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhmBCpKR1ufdC1FdnZsWmxiWWp1bGdqNWhrVkhWTXc

Also, I can get Jester King, Southern Star, and other Texas beers pretty easily.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 22, 2011

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Corbet is a good hookup for Behemoth. I cracked mine I got from him in our last trade and had it yesterday while brewing, pretty tasty!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

rage-saq posted:

Corbet is a good hookup for Behemoth. I cracked mine I got from him in our last trade and had it yesterday while brewing, pretty tasty!

I was going to speak up about having access to Behemoth but I'm not sure there are any left in my area. I'll have to do some beer hunting this weekend.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

CalvinDooglas posted:

man, if i didn't already have a regular trading partner in Portland, i'd be all about it. on your behalf, though, i will tell everyone that you have access to a lot of small, excellent breweries with very limited distribution. look up Rising Tide and Maine Beer Company, guys!

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Lunch IPA was great. I'll send that out. Victory, Ommegang, Southern Tier...

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

CalvinDooglas posted:

No wait let's do it!

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

SUPER HASSLER posted:

No wait let's do it!

ha, I'm up to trade for growlers and such, if the mountain locals don't bottle. I know there are some decent brewpubs in Dillon/Frisco/Breck.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
I have access to the entire 3F portfolio outside of the brewpub only stuff.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

CalvinDooglas posted:

ha, I'm up to trade for growlers and such, if the mountain locals don't bottle. I know there are some decent brewpubs in Dillon/Frisco/Breck.

Yeah, one bottles and another cans, but only the usual sort of pilsners/lagers get that treatment and those are not really worth trading for.

That said there's also all the rest of CO's vast bounty that I have access to, so.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody any Captain Lawrence for trade? I'm looking to get my hands on some of their more popular beers.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Putting up a reminder post that I'm still looking for Three Floyds 15th Anniversary, Barrel Aged Dark Lord and also a Bourbon County Rare.
If you have any of these get in touch with me and I'll hook you up.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Corbet posted:

Does anybody any Captain Lawrence for trade? I'm looking to get my hands on some of their more popular beers.

I have access to all of their regular lineup and also the Smoke from the Oak series (although sadly I can't get any of their limited release sours).

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Corbet posted:

I have access to Great Lakes. Where are you located and what do you have access to? Cigar City, by chance?

I'm in Florida, so yes. I can get mostly anything from CCB but the brewpub only stuff.

Here's the stuff I see regularly from CCB:
Maduro Oatmeal Brown
Jai Alai
White Oak Jai Alai
Humidor Series (Cedar Aged Jai Alai)
Bolita Brown
Improvasicon / Oatmeal Rye India Style Ale
Warmer Winter Winter Warmer
José Martí India Porter
Cubana Style Espresso Brown Ale

very rarely I see:
110k + OT (Imperial Red)
Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout
Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin (not anymore this year though)
Puppy Breath Porter

The only problem I have is I am absolutely flat broke. I am unemployed, and am in the process of a lawsuit to get disability benefits. I can't really afford to trade at the moment.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 23, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

CalvinDooglas posted:

Anyway, here's my Barleywine/DIPA Season ISO list:

Old Ruffian
Hopslam
Behemoth
Maharaja

I can get some Behemoth while I'm home for Thanksgiving weekend, if you want a bottle I can do $4$. PM or E-mail me. bagofsunchips [at] gmail.

EDIT: Also, I'm looking to get my hands on a bottle or two of The Bruery's 3 French Hens. Does anybody happen to have a case they've been sitting on? I really don't want to pick up some bottles on eBay while I still have the chance.

EDIT: Don't know how common these are, but I have access to Hoppin' Frog's DORIS, BORIS, and Barrel Aged BORIS

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 26, 2011

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Zam and I have agreed to a trade and are both shipping tomorrow 11/28/11.

$40 each - Midwest (me) for West Coast (Zam).

Here's to getting some stuff I've never had before!

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Corbet, I'd be interested in the barrel aged boris. I posted my inventory earlier, or we could do something local to my area for trade. PM or email, my username at gmail.com

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Looking to see if anyone has access to or has Great Divide Barrel Aged Yeti or Barrel Aged BORIS Royale from Hoppin' Frog.

I have a slew of Southern California beers ranging from:

Alesmith (Speedway Stout, Wee Devil)
The Bruery (Provisions series stuff. Too many, really)
Russian River (Pliny, Blind Pig Temptation, Supplication, consecration, Damnation)
Alpine (Pure Hoppiness, Nelson)
Bootleggers (Knuckle Sandwich)
Stone - though it's not like they're not distributing well enough

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

gently caress, wrong thread. Redact!

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
I've traded with folks on here before with much success and then got screwed by Mr. Booya!! and have been a touch gunshy since. I digress, I don't need but desperately want a bottle or bottles of Hunapu's. I can post my cellar when I get home, but I can say for sure that I have multiple Dark Lord vintages, a pretty solid compliment of BCS vintages, and some other odds and ends that I would be willing to part with. Expect this post to be edited sometime this evening with the details, also I have access to any and everything that makes its way to Chicago.

Edited to include trade friendly beers:
Dark Lord '10 and '11
One bottle each Goose Island BCS '07-(soon to be)'11
Founder's KBS '10
Bell's Batch 9000

PM me if interested.

BoredByThis fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 30, 2011

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

I just thought to look for something like the special inserts that came in my old Beer of the Month club boxes, and I found this: http://www.clarkbrewing.com/Clark_Brewing_Innovations/Home/Home.html

The things the boxes I used to get would brace the bottom and top of the bottle, like an egg carton does. This looks even better. And the design is so simple I can make something similar for free myself.

SUPER HASSLER - if you want to trade, send me an email at cdgraves at g mail. I'm gonna wait til I get another paycheck or so, but some Great Divide would be awesome.

Mons Public
Jun 22, 2006

Sometimes I look for Rupees.

Corbet posted:

EDIT: Also, I'm looking to get my hands on a bottle or two of The Bruery's 3 French Hens. Does anybody happen to have a case they've been sitting on? I really don't want to pick up some bottles on eBay while I still have the chance.

yeah i have a few left

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

CalvinDooglas posted:

I just thought to look for something like the special inserts that came in my old Beer of the Month club boxes, and I found this: http://www.clarkbrewing.com/Clark_Brewing_Innovations/Home/Home.html

The things the boxes I used to get would brace the bottom and top of the bottle, like an egg carton does. This looks even better. And the design is so simple I can make something similar for free myself.

SUPER HASSLER - if you want to trade, send me an email at cdgraves at g mail. I'm gonna wait til I get another paycheck or so, but some Great Divide would be awesome.

I've used those, they are expensive and they fall apart. The Rare Beer Club has some pretty clever molded eggcarton/particle paper material that can hold 3 750mls per layer that are pretty clever, but I don't think they would secure as well as styrofoam shippers, which are totally the way to go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxX1kA-nhZk&feature=player_embedded

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

rage-saq posted:

I've used those, they are expensive and they fall apart. The Rare Beer Club has some pretty clever molded eggcarton/particle paper material that can hold 3 750mls per layer that are pretty clever, but I don't think they would secure as well as styrofoam shippers, which are totally the way to go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxX1kA-nhZk&feature=player_embedded

yeah, those inserts don't look so great to me- they could collapse really easily if enough weight was put on the box; kicking poo poo down the stairs just proves that they don't move much within the box. also, no loving way i'm gonna trust a "packaging expert" who doesn't use a tape gun.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

See above edited post for list, also add BCS Rare to the open for trading list. Seeking Hunahpu's.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

BoredByThis posted:

See above edited post for list, also add BCS Rare to the open for trading list. Seeking Hunahpu's.

If you don't get a Hunahpu for a BCS Rare I can probably give you something nice for it. Thats one of my high priority targets that I've got special ammo for. Hit me up on AIM or the chat on my trading list

rage-saq fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 30, 2011

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

funkybottoms posted:

yeah, those inserts don't look so great to me- they could collapse really easily if enough weight was put on the box; kicking poo poo down the stairs just proves that they don't move much within the box. also, no loving way i'm gonna trust a "packaging expert" who doesn't use a tape gun.

Boxes can be pretty resilient. The thickness of the outer box will make the biggest difference as to "crush weight". The egg carton type things won't protect against weight at all, since they effectively make the beer bottles the vertical support.

Also, I think DHL ships alcohol. The BotM came DHL, I remember.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

CalvinDooglas posted:

Boxes can be pretty resilient. The thickness of the outer box will make the biggest difference as to "crush weight". The egg carton type things won't protect against weight at all, since they effectively make the beer bottles the vertical support.

Also, I think DHL ships alcohol. The BotM came DHL, I remember.

i think rage-saq is talking about something like this, which, from what i've seen, works pretty well. most wine shippers use styrofoam, though. i bubble wrap and double box, but that's because i run a UPS Store and don't have to pay for materials.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

those look way better. The inserts I saw before were just braces at the top and bottom, leaving the beer bottles to bear the weight vertically if the box ended up on the bottom of a pallet.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
This December Alaska is supposed to release their Barleywine. I would like to get a bottle or two of this as well as a bottle or two of their Smoked Porter. I would prefer to just trade regular items from the Midwest/Chicago, but I could trade something from the cellar depending on what it is. Anyone up for it when its available?

*EDIT* That was filled quick! Set up for now; I'll change this edit if something changes.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 1, 2011

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!
Any WI goons out there? I'm looking to get my hands on some New Glarus beers for a birthday/xmas gift. I have access to a number of fine Nebraska beers (Larry the Cable Guy's Git-R-Done Golden Lager anybody?) or I would be willing to provide the sender with ample moneychecks.

Whisker Biscuit
Dec 15, 2007
Would anyone be interested in trading me a Dark Lord for a CBS? Failing that, I'd also trade it for an Abacus and/or a Firestone 14/15.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

I have '10 and '11 Dark Lord available for trade, though I'd much rather get a hold of interesting sours than more stouts (exception: Hunahpu's)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm really interested in getting more Ale Asylum beers, especially Bedlam. I'm in Ohio and not sure what all I have access to, but Bell's and Great Lakes are what I drink the most of. I have access to Great Lakes Brewpub if anyone is interested in pub exclusives or the Barrel Aged Stout.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Any ideas where else I could find those styrofoam shipping packages in the OP? Online? I went and asked at some local liquor stores and not only do they not sell them, I got scolded for trying to illegally ship hooch :cop:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Any ideas where else I could find those styrofoam shipping packages in the OP? Online? I went and asked at some local liquor stores and not only do they not sell them, I got scolded for trying to illegally ship hooch :cop:

if anybody gives you a hard time, tell them you're flying and need to check the box. jerks. you can order them from uline, but you'd have to order a lot, so maybe ask around at various pack-and-ship stores (they probably don't sell them, but my store gets them from people who don't want to toss them in the trash) or like a U-Haul spot as they sometimes have different materials than a UPS Store.

okay, just looked and found this. $14 isn't a bad price when you consider how much material you'd need to properly pack that many bottles otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

funkybottoms posted:

if anybody gives you a hard time, tell them you're flying and need to check the box. jerks. you can order them from uline, but you'd have to order a lot, so maybe ask around at various pack-and-ship stores (they probably don't sell them, but my store gets them from people who don't want to toss them in the trash) or like a U-Haul spot as they sometimes have different materials than a UPS Store.

okay, just looked and found this. $14 isn't a bad price when you consider how much material you'd need to properly pack that many bottles otherwise.

The BevMo and Total Wine near me carries those 12pack ulines for $6ish each.

• Locked thread