Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
If anyone is looking for white oak Jai alai or key lime gose let me know. Just looking for shipping and cost of beer. Maybe open to trades of other cans but trying to recoup some money.

Also have a local peanut butter jelly beer by Catawba if that fancies anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Iso Angry chair release this weekend
Ft $$ or anything you're looking for from SC/NC

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
ISO: Purple Puffs
FT: What would you like? Deep cellar and I'd trade heavy.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
FT: El Catador membership
ISO: Reimbursement and a thank you box to Apache

I've decided to drop my two-bottle membership because reasons. But rather than have it go right back into the pool and likely give some awful Florida bro the chance to get it, I thought I'd offer it here. Basically the process would be: I renew, you reimburse for cost, and you get the beers. Not-awful Florida bro Apache has been my trustee for the last year or so and has graciously stated he would continue to do it but that guy is sweet as gently caress so you better be ready to send a thank you box back.

PM me if interested.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
Apache and danbanana are good dudes (the latter with occasional wrong opinions)

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Vouching for beer goons yes, good people....

And the usual bump to offer muling Live Oak Hef, it's getting hot out there. All I ask is to take care of a label, cost of beer, and a shipper. Usually adds up to around $25-30 ish for 2 sixers in a 6 bottle shipper.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Back in America and ready to send beers to goon buds. Thinking about going to Civil Society for their release tomorrow, cans of Fresh, DDH Fresh, and some new DIPA. Would like to swap for your fresh cans of TH, OH, etc but honestly assuming I actually bother to make the trip I'd probably just ship some at cost to anyone who wants to try. I don't have PMs so message me on Twitter @drfleshdog if you want to do the beer thing.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Don't ever send a box to Furious Lobster because he will return a box that will make you feel bad about yourself.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

danbanana posted:

Don't ever send a box to Furious Lobster because he will return a box that will make you feel bad about yourself.

Quoted for truth. The last box he sent me had a DDG in it. This man is too good.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Anyone open to muleing some FL stuff? Was thinking a 12 shipper dbl stacked with cans so 12 Jai Alai and 12 Jdub Passion Wheat. I could trade some Az stuff if you want. Was thinking of just covering cost + extras.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Hey there! I'm a U.K. based goon who has access to a bunch of cool breweries in London and Manchester. I've never done a bottle swap before, but I'd be interested in trading for some good breweries we can't get over here.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I have a few extra bottles of Fonta flora's Brine (oyster saison) and smoke signals (kvass) if anyone is interested. Just looking for cost of bottle and shipping.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Convexed posted:

Hey there! I'm a U.K. based goon who has access to a bunch of cool breweries in London and Manchester. I've never done a bottle swap before, but I'd be interested in trading for some good breweries we can't get over here.

I would be interested if you can get me some glasses from the Cambridge beer fest. I have one from my last visit, but I know I'll destroy it.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Captain Duvel posted:

I have a few extra bottles of Fonta flora's Brine (oyster saison) and smoke signals (kvass) if anyone is interested. Just looking for cost of bottle and shipping.

Yeah! Definitely interested!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Convexed posted:

shipping beer internationally to/from the US is expensive and very risky, especially since you're unlikely to get your package back if customs catches it. maybe check for some websites that ship internationally- it will still be expensive, but at least it should be legal

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
There's a guy I drink with who knows someone that was busted for shipping beer internationally and said ice showed up and confiscated/broke all his beer. If that's 100% true don't know but I'm not risking it.

Also guys I know who've done it pack the beer in little barrels and spray insulate them

Slore Tactician posted:

Yeah! Definitely interested!

pm me. I have 2 brine and 3 smoke signals

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Yeah that story is horse poo poo or missing large quantities of information

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
I dunno if there are any Ohio people here but if by chance anyone is going to Dragonsaddle Day (or already went, whatever) I would love to get some of that tape. I can give you some good stuff from Maine/Massachusetts.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

If anyone wants to help an ex-Philadelphian who now lives in NC with any Tired Hands at all PM away. Nothing to trade but cash unfortunately.

Really just want some HopHands or Helles from the general store. No bottles // shelf beers.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Where you at in nc

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Greensboro, Four Saints in Asheboro has good stuff. Can make it to Raleigh or Charlotte but not til the end of the month

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Elephunk posted:

Greensboro, Four Saints in Asheboro has good stuff. Can make it to Raleigh or Charlotte but not til the end of the month

Not to clog up the trade thread, but Raleigh Durham have a good selection of breweries. Haw river, bond brothers who won at gabf and barrel culture just opened up and doing their grand opening release the 28th. Richmond isn't a bad drive from their either.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

To be honest I don't have a car until next month. Nothing to trade but cash until about thirty days from now. I just miss HopHands so much ;-(.

We had a great local Facebook group in the TH scene and then a cop literally infiltrated it, and busted someone for doing a cash sell on shelf bottles.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i wish i lived in a place where police could get bored enough to break up beer trading groups

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

funkybottoms posted:

i wish i lived in a place where police could get bored enough to break up beer trading groups

Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, not quite "the police"

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Thanks everyone for the Seattle beer suggestions. I just hit Reuben's (which was pretty good) and am now at Stoup (so far just ok). Will probably hit a few more tomorrow as well once I'm less jetlagged.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Modern Times served up my favorite beer at GABF (Mexican Hot Chocolate Monster's Park) and I want MOAR. Anyone near the brewery who could hook me up with a big box of MT goodness (and coffee?) in exchange for some Colorado goodness? PM me and we can work out the particulars.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Mikey Purp posted:

Modern Times served up my favorite beer at GABF (Mexican Hot Chocolate Monster's Park) and I want MOAR. Anyone near the brewery who could hook me up with a big box of MT goodness (and coffee?) in exchange for some Colorado goodness? PM me and we can work out the particulars.

It's still on shelves here in Portland, $30/bottle though. Let me know if I can grab one or some for you.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Don't suppose anyone here lives not too far from Suarez Family Brewery? Would like to try a few of their beers and have a variety of SoCal and other beers to trade.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Are we allowed to trade beer for other goods/services/money? I live in a land of decent-great beers (I can get Shiner, if you're into that sort of thing, and all the Louisiana beers), I want to spread the love/local-ish microbrews, but I don't really care for beer myself (I'm a whisky man, and hard liquor is hells of illegal to ship), so not so much on the trading. But bootlegging Abita if you pay my costs, I can do.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
None of us should be shipping anything we ship. It's against ups/Fed ex policy and illegal through USPS. Also shiner and abita are in grocery stores pretty much every where

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Are there different laws around shipping liquor as opposed to shipping beer?

Also, if you're shipping from Louisiana, you want to send people stuff from Parrish, not Abita.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

dphi posted:

Are there different laws around shipping liquor as opposed to shipping beer?

Yeah, shipping beer and wine is technically legal, liquor isn't. And I just used Abita because it's the one people may have heard of, there are a lot of small breweries in LA.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Delivery McGee posted:

Yeah, shipping beer and wine is technically legal, liquor isn't.

No.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Delivery McGee posted:

Yeah, shipping beer and wine is technically legal, liquor isn't. And I just used Abita because it's the one people may have heard of, there are a lot of small breweries in LA.

there are some states that allow shipments of alcohol within the state, but that's the only time that you, as an unlicensed distributor, can ship alcohol without breaking the law and/or a carrier's terms of service

regarding your offer, if you don't want to trade for beer, at best someone would give you cost plus a couple extra bucks for packaging materials. if you'd do it to be nice, that's cool, but i'm not sure what would really be in it for you. if you could get a line on some good lambic from Cantillon or Drie Fonteinen, though, people would likely be willing to give up good non-shelf liquor to get it. there are avenues for reselling and auctioning beer for profit, but that's generally frowned upon (and i'm not sure if it's considered okay per forum rules).

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
For the record, I only engage in Fantasy Beer Trading.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Lt_Tofu posted:

For the record, I only engage in Fantasy Beer Trading.

Haha put together a list of 160 recent-ish hyped beer releases, 10 teams, everyone drafts 16 beers, and then have head to head highest secondary market value???

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lyon posted:

Haha put together a list of 160 recent-ish hyped beer releases, 10 teams, everyone drafts 16 beers, and then have head to head highest secondary market value???

Aw gently caress I keep drafting Funky Buddha and everyone else is getting Omnipollo collabs

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aw gently caress I keep drafting Funky Buddha and everyone else is getting Omnipollo collabs

My season was ruined when my BA stout position got infected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Looking for an easy mule. I have a buddy who wants to try yuenglings and approached me knowing I'm a beer person. So was thinking maybe $50 for a 12 pack shipped. Let me know if I'm off.

• Locked thread