Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I live about 5 minutes from one of the top bottle shops in Southern California, fairly close to Bruery Provisions other great bottleshops because Haven is overpriced and awful, and also have access to the various breweries in Southern California. In short, if there's something from California that you are interested in, I should have a great shot at acquiring it for a trade.

SA RB: http://www.ratebeer.com/user/140014/trade/

Also a trustee for a Goon in Bruery's Reserve Society and willing to trustee for others if interested.

FT:
Cellar List available upon request
Russian River (Any non-special releases, including fresh Pliny/Blind Pig)
Lost Abbey (All releases, including specialties)
AleSmith (All releases, including specialties)
Alpine (Limited access, but can drive to the brewery if needed)
Bruery (All releases, including Reserve Society)
Cantillon (Ask)
Kern River (Most releases)
Midnight Sun (Most releases)
Anchorage Brewing (All releases)
Deschutes (Most releases)
Firestone Walker (All releases)
Beachwood (All releases)
Hair of the Dog (All releases, special releases are limited)
Jester King (Limited distribution)
Boulevard (Limited)
Vintage Stone Releases (Changes weekly)
Almanac (All)
... And most other California breweries

ISO:
(Limited Releases and Seasonals, although looking for some year-round releases from these as well)
Bells
Founders
New Glarus
Three Floyds
Cigar City
Sun King
Dark Horse
Half Acre
Tired Hands
Hill Farmstead
Toppling Goliath

Zam fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

If anyone has interest in The Bruery Smoking Wood or Trois Poules Francais please let me know. Can add other beers as well to make it a larger trade.

FT: Smoking Wood and/or Trois Poules Francais

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I know people have mixed feelings on Lost Abbey, but I have 2-3 bottles of 2011 Cuvee de Tomme for trade. Looking for special/limited release beers outside of San Diego distribution. I also have limited access to Lost Abbey Deliverance right now.

FT: Cuvee de Tomme and/or Deliverance
ISO: Your local limited/special releases

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

wattershed posted:

They didn't have it at BDBS downtown yesterday, where'd you get your Tomme at?

The brewery.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Kai_Sunsoul posted:

I live a few blocks from the tap room in Indy and they usually have several of them available. Are there any flavors in particular you're looking for, I'll swing by this week and pick some up.

I'd be interested in working out a trade out for some Upland Lambic as well. Looking for any variants and would be open to trading for several. Least interested in Raspberry or Cherry. Most interested in Blackberry, Kiwi, and Persimmon.

I have regular and limited LA/Port/Alaskan/West Coast beers to offer.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Trade completed.

Zam fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 27, 2012

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I'm looking to acquire a Bramble Rye and Coffee BCS. King Henry as well if anyone still has any to trade. Let me know what you want from the West Coast and I can likely acquire it for you.

ISO: Bramble Rye and/or Coffee BCS. King Henry.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Corbet posted:

Do we have any Vermont goons looking to trade? I'd like to get my hands on some Lawsoms, Hill Farmstead, and Heady Topper.

Would love to trade for some of these as well once/if anyone local wants to setup two trades or a trade once Corbet has his.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Because I prefer to trade with Goons before random BA/RB people, I figured I'd take a shot here first.

ISO: Bourbon County Cherry Rye (and Coffee, but mostly seeking Cherry Rye)

FT: Let me know what you're looking for and I can make it happen, within reason. I'm in Southern California and have access to the usual and limited SoCal distributed beers, as well as a fairly large cellar. If you want a list of a few of the breweries which distribute here, I have a general ISO/FT post on the front page.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FT: 2 x Kopi Speedway and 2 x BA Old Numbskull

Can do singles or some combination of these. And can also open the trade up as needed/wanted.

ISO:

Hill Farmstead
Cigar City
Hardywood Gingerbread
Cherry Rye
Bramble

Pretty open to other offers, but most likely going to go with one revolving around one of those five wants.

Cheers!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

ISO: Tired Hands offerings, specifically anyone who got growlers of The Light That Spills.

FT: Southern California goodies. Let me know if you have a specific style or beer in mind and I can hopefully make it happen. Fairly extensive cellar and Bruery RS member ('12 and '13) also.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

ISO: Tired Hands Growlers and specifically a growler of Phantom With Three Different Colored Eyes

Message me and we can work something out. Mostly Bruery RS beers but plenty of others to offer as well.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

LeafHouse posted:

I would also be all over this.

Jumping on this train as well.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

El Jebus posted:

How is the Arctic Saison? I picked up a bottle in Portland just 2 days ago on a whim. They had a few more at Belmont Station.

It's a good, but not great, citrusy saison. Love Buzz and several HF saisons are much better. It's quite a bit above Anchorage/Mikkeller It's Alive! though.

Also, looking to trade some Bruery Sour in the Rye Kumquat, Beauregard, Bottleworks XII ('13), Vietnamese Speedway, and several other local releases (BA Old Numbskull, Hangar 24 Pugachevs Cobra, etc). Black Tuesday ('11 and '12) and Chocolate Rain ('12 and '13) as well. Plus IPAs of course. Not looking for anything specific right now, but not looking for anything crazy for the Bruery RS beers either. Interested in somewhat limited and seasonal releases I can't get in CA.

Zam fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 15, 2013

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

crazyfish posted:

Honestly I have had zero bad experiences trading with goons. funkybottoms, Zam, Capt. Awesome, Midorka, and rage saq have all sent quality boxen, and I've met a number of others for IP trades as well which have all gone swimmingly.

Second this. Every goon I've traded with has been awesome, and makes me comfortable "losing out" on some hype beers to avoid trading on BA. The experience is both more pleasant here, and much more rewarding.

Thanks to Bag of Sun Chips, funkybottoms, swickles, crazyfish, Me in Reverse, dphi, LeafHouse, Paul Proteus, Kudosx, Ezrem, and Imasalmon for all the awesome boxes I've been sent thus far. Looking forward to continued trades with everyone I've already traded with, and trading with others soon.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

El Jebus posted:

Zam, where do you live? Looks like Redlands/LA/Temecula?

I split my time between Newport and Corona. Gives me a nice balance for distribution and I can usually pick up much more in Newport/Costa Mesa/Corona Del Mar than I could ever hope to at El Cerrito.

Zam fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 4, 2013

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Jumping in and also interested in 1-2+ bottles of Otto and Matt.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FT:

'11/'12/'13 BT
'13 Chocolate Rain

ISO:

Atrial
Side Project
Darkness
Crooked Stave
Hill Farmstead
Night Shift
JA
VSB (With a huge ++ on my end)
Whatever else you want to offer.

Can add locals or cellar beers, but would like to center trade on BT/CR.

Zam fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 22, 2013

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Me in Reverse posted:

Do we have any New England goons close to Hill Farmstead?

I think that's the one gap we have. Or I'm wrong and said Goon is about to become very popular.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FT: '14/'13/'12 CR; '13/'12/'11 BT; And more

ISO:

Atrial
Prop
Open to discuss

Zam fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 13, 2014

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Vertigo posted:

Has anyone on here successfully done a Bruery Reserve Society proxy membership?

You're looking for somebody who has used a local trustee correct? I trustee for two members here and also did so for a third who didn't renew this year. If you have any questions about it I can gladly answer them for you.

Zam fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 16, 2014

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Always great trading here! Have not had a bad experience yet and have developed great trading partners. Just need people who want Chocolate Rain and my other Bruery beers though.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Hauki posted:

What are the better ones? I've started seeing them around Denver, but they're like $11 for a 12 oz or whatever, so I haven't jumped on any. Gave their gose a shot, but I've liked others more.

They are all worth trying to be honest, with the exception of the Sourdough Wild Ale. If you only want to grab a couple, the Citrus was just released and is great, and the previously mentioned Valley of the Heart's Delight.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Vertigo posted:

Just completed a trade with Zam. Excellent dude to do business with!

Completed an trade with Veritgo and everything went great!

PainBreak posted:

I should really get into this whole trading thing. I'm in Kansas City, so if anyone's looking for things we get, give me a jingle.
I have Boulevard's Two Jokers and still have a Chocolate Ale if that's anyone's thing. Beyond that, I will keep an eye out for requests I know are distributed in MO and KS.

Yes! Drive to St. Louis for Side Project and we'll shower you with beer.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

air- posted:

Maybe we could put together a google doc showing locations/preferences for frequent traders on here? Biggest gaps are traders who have access to SARA and HF if I'm not mistaken.

I wish SARA was closer to me - I'd drive up every weekend.

I'm down to do this setup though. I'm always ready and open to trading.

Zam fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 11, 2014

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

krustster posted:

Unfortunately he's looking for a (brewery-only, I think) special variation that has "Vietnamese coffee" on the label instead of the regular one which is likely what you have access to.

Correct. Brewery only, 4 bottles per person release - and drat good.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Retemnav posted:

Yea, was looking for the Vietnamese coffee one. I've had it once out of a growler and it was loving amazing.

From a growler most likely wasn't the BA version as they often filled Grumblers of the non-BA Vietnamese Stout, but BA has only been on tap for about a week and no "official" growlers.

Zam fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 23, 2014

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

That's awful to see. Pausing trades for winter is never fun - especially when it's 82 out here - but that's a god drat tragedy.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

sterster posted:

Yeah I know. Just because we are all goons doesn't make us kin. So playing my cards a little closer till I feel comfortable in this thread.

As for being one of few in Az. Great! I guess. Unless you all abuse me like a poor beer mule. Please be nice. Otherwise Az has an amazing and growing local brew community.

May I suggest:
Arizona Wilderness
Beer Research Institute
College Street
Desert Eagle
Fate Brewing Co.
Four Peaks
Huss
O.H.S.O. Nanobrewery
Mother Road
Mudshark
Papago
SanTan - HopShock IPA & You're lucky they just started canning winter warmer & other cask beers
Sleepy Dog
Sonoran Brewing Company - an amazing white chocolate
Lumberyard Brewing Co - not a big fan some people like

Understand your concerns, although I would say that the vast majority of us in this thread (and the beer thread in general) have traded with each other multiple times and would be glad to vouch for somebody's reliability. With that said - welcome! I look forward to when you're more comfortable and interested in trading some of the local AZ beers.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

mrcowcow posted:

Anyone live close to Alesmith who would be willing to pick up bottles if I get the BA Olde Ale or Kona Speedway? I would send a label and a thank you box of awesome CO beer?

Sent you a PM. I can take care of it for you.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FT: Remy's Pappy, BAVSS, Kona Speedway, Viet Speedway, Beer Geek Speedway, News from Nowhere, Empty Hats, System of a Stout, Mocha Machine, '14 Lil Opal, '14 Bretta Rose, '14 Bretta Weisse, All Monsters Park variants including Coffee Rye (low carb), Tableau Rogue, Saison Troisieme, Saison Deuxieme, Veritas 14, Veritas 15... and everything from The Bruery and Southern California IPAs.

ISO: JK, Side Project, HF, SARA, TH

Pretty open to offers if there's something that interests you as long as the offer is comparable.

Zam fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 2, 2015

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Furious Lobster posted:

ISO: Trillium, FT: pretty much anything from SoCal

Going to jump on this as well after he's taken care of.

FT: Remy's Pappy; Trace of Remy; BAVSS; Kona Speedway; Viet Speedway; Beer Geek Speedway; Modern Times News from Nowhere; Modern Times Empty Hats; Beachwood System of a Stout; Beachwood Mocha Machine; '14 Lil Opal; '14 Bretta Rose; '14 Bretta Weisse; '15 Bretta Rose; '15 Sour Opal; FSW La Piccola (both); Modern Times Monsters Park variants including Coffee Rye (low carb), Vanilla, and Coconut+Cocoa; DeGarde Tableau Rogue; DeGarde Saison Troisieme; DeGarde Saison Deuxieme; Veritas 14; Veritas 15; Highland Park Brewing Cherry Spazz; Highland Park Brewing Uncontrollable Saison; ... and everything from The Bruery and Southern California.

ISO: JK; Side Project; HF; SARA; Tired Hands; Tree House; Trillium; Casey; Etc etc. Message me and we can make something work.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

sterster posted:

ISO: Born Yesterday Pale Ale Lagunitas
Seems like a fat chance but thought I'd ask.

Check my list - https://thebeerexchange.io/Sterster

It won't be released until October.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

sterster posted:

I assumed it was a one time thing based on the BA page - http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/133621/

So, they are making it again? Links/info to back this?

Yes, they are making it again. October release.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

ISO: Other Half, Treehouse, Carton (And still looking for a Trillium connection)

FT: Southern California beers of all types, vintages, and availability. PM me to discuss.

Zam fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 15, 2015

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Slore Tactician posted:

Isn't there someone here who lives by the Bruery? I just got an email saying I won the Black Tuesday lottery. If so:

ISO: BT trustee
FT: PayPal+Label+Thank you box

Edit: never mind, found someone!

If anyone else needs a BT Trustee, I will gladly do it for a label only.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

*Closed*

ISO: 2009 Darkness to be shipped on Monday/Tuesday (Need it Saturday in CA)

FT: BA Xoxoceva, BA Modern Time beers (Stouts and Saisons), Good Beer sours, Home Sour Home, Smog City Cuddlebug, Council Beatitudes, BA Speedway, BA Vietnamese Speedway, BA Numbskull, Sierra Nevada BA Cherry Stout, Highland Park Cherry Spazz/Raised Eyebrows, everything Bruery (RS), Almanac sours, local IPAs (Noble, El Segundo), Kern Citra (after I pickup on 11/21), other California beers that I'm likely missing from the cellar and shelf

Have a large Darkness vertical ('07+) that just lost the 2009, and I'm trying to quickly locate one. Would prefer to expand the trade, but due to time can also just do something smaller.

Zam fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 7, 2015

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Apache posted:

I'll grab an extra 4 if I can then. Looking for trades and I'll figure out what when I get back tomorrow.

Throw me on the wait list if any of the previous interests fall through.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FT: Anyone care about Mocha Wednesday?

ISO: Will trade it for local beers, just don't need as much as I can acquire and would like to spread it around if people want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Just Farmhouse Noir for (limited) SARA distribution.

• Locked thread