Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

ISO: DDG. And other wants that would interest me include Bramble/Cherry Rye, Mexican Cake barrel variants, and Upright Fantasia.

FT: JK Atrial Rubicite + Viking Metal and I will throw in other TX extras to round out $4$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Update: since I'll be in the Denver/Ft. Collins/Boulder area during GABF, I'd love to do a face to face trade while there. Specifically ISO Avery Thensaurum. Similar offer as above - can bring JK or other TX releases.

E: Also upping my ISO/FT. 2x Atrial Rubicite (and whatever else to meet $ value) for a DDG.

air- fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 4, 2013

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also still looking for DDG.

And any Denver goons wanna do an in person trade during GABF week? I will be bringing beer for sure either way.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

crazyfish posted:

AR is trading pretty hot right now. Not insane hot, but if there's something you want to try more than those beers, you can do better.

Basically why I am looking for Fantasia or DDG, I think AR is totally reasonable for either and those two beers are the top of the list of what I want to try. Otherwise I don't really care about rarity and just stick to $4$

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Great box from funkybottoms. Thanks a ton! Gonna keep this regularly going for sure.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Cbear posted:

Makes sense. I know more so what I'm looking for but just didn't think my located beers would be as worth it to them.

I'm looking for Russian River, Alesmith, and Firestone Walker.

So a California or west coast goon perhaps. Looking for local stuff unless you are intrigued by a certain something out here.

I'm in MD, but can easily drive to DC or VA.

FW is easily found in DC/VA. RR/Alesmith you'll have to trade for.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Me in Reverse posted:

Jester King currently has Atrial and Ol Oi for sale. ISO, hard.

It's always been one per person over there as far as I know, which makes it difficult to convince people to tag along as mules :(

air-
Sep 24, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

hmm... is it a 3L bottle?

Yeah holy poo poo that's an absurd trade. VSB comes in a small 12oz bottle iirc.

Oh and on the NG chat, I'd be interested in trading Atrial Rubicite for New Glarus Thumbprint Wild Sour if anyone's got that.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

I should be able to do this.

E: well, funkybottoms got there first.

Hmm, would 1:1 be fair for this? Or Atrial + Freetail, or some other TX one off...? If so, we could set something up as well.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Very Sour Blackberry is phenomenal and I'm really fortunate to have a bottle of it. I helped a buddy land one last week IP and this is what he traded for all of 1 bottle of Very Sour Blackberry:

750 ml growler of Hill Farmstead Double Citra
750 ml growler of Hill Farmstead Everett
2012 500 ml bottle of Hill Farmstead Birth of Tragedy

Jesus gently caress. I am definitely going to Detroit in Memorial Day 2014 (already bought a pass to Movement festival) - and I would be so down for an Ann Arbor bottle share if that could happen.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Cbear posted:

How hard would it be for my to trade Pliny for atrial? Am I still pretty far off? I'd really like to try atrial but I'm trying to acquire something that would be equal to it.

Biggest factor here is finding someone who wants to make that trade. I've seen that done, but I wouldn't do it since I have other ways to get PtE.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Piggybacking on fb - I advise against chasing a beer just because of hype factor. I don't recall seeing many posts from you regarding your taste preferences on the beer thread and I'd hate to see you end up surprised because the beer wasn't what you expected.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Me in Reverse posted:

I don't know how the distro is out where you are but in Philly you can get Tilquin Gueuze, Monk's Cafe Flemish Red, and a bunch of other shelf-ish sours relatively easily. I'd go for what you can find local first, before trying to trade for one of the bigger hypebeers from this year.

IIRC he's in the DC/Maryland area. All of those (especially Tilquin) aren't hard to get, I'd also look at some Boon or Fond Tradition gueuzes.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Jester King's blog posts availability on a weekly basis.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Cbear posted:

Yeah I have a good bit. I was still trying to figure out the relative value of it. I actually messaged a guy on BA that's looking for GBS and wants to trade his atrial....but the post is from last night so I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss out on that one :(

The GBS is what ive gotten the heady, Pliny and abyss for so far. Surprised its trading this well.

And yeah GBS is what would pull you an Atrial. I know others in Texas who want it and I'll be sure send them your way if I hear anything.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ISO:
2013 Abyss

FT:
Black Butte XXIV
Boulevard Love Child #3

Can expand to these but they're pre FT- due out within the next month or so:
Prairie Bomb
Prairie Pirate Bomb
Lakewood Bourbon Barrel Temptress (was bottled this weekend and slated to release between Xmas/New Year)
Or whatever else in Texas that isn't small batch Freetail/Atrial Rubicite - message me!

e: noticed some more bottles I can trade.

air- fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 2, 2013

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks for the responses! Just one bottle's all I'm looking for by the way, now I just hope that finding the Prairie stuff is less difficult than Abyss.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

krustster posted:

That's weird, I heard in person that it was a one-time thing and also when I looked at it on the internet it said "brewed once". But that was months ago so maybe they changed their minds. Or also, maybe I am mentally retarded. Regardless, the winner is the customer because this is a wild feature.

There's at least three, possibly four batches of Bomb at this point (blue, red, and gold wax). Maybe one with no wax at all too, and that might have been AK only.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

That sums it up correctly yeah, and that's exactly why the 4 packs are Arkansas only since it's illegal to sell singles there. I had heard of them existing through word of mouth but never bothered to research - thanks for that mrcowcow. In Texas, they'll more than likely show up as singles.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Me in Reverse posted:

Now explain Pirate Bomb. Where the wax color has changed mid-batch, and each wax color is an ever so slightly different shade of green or blue.

It's just those two as far as I am aware. Booger green is the most common one I've seen, haven't seen the dark grey/blue-ish one in person.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

Are you implying that "Good Beer Sunday" featuring Killian's wasn't a good idea?

But what about the time I played beer pong with 90 minute IPA?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Gonna be in the Twin Cities 12/20 to the 23rd. I'll have a ton of free time on that Friday and Saturday so I'd love to meet local goons to grab a beer.

ISO: IP trade with someone local. I am not too familiar with what shows up in that area and we can work it out, just shoot me a PM and we'll talk it over.

FT: Prairie Bomb, Jester King stuff, and other assorted Texas goodies.

e: and if anyone is willing to give up a Darkness... I will take good care of you.

air- fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 11, 2013

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Sounds like something broke in transit and they know it's beer hence the replaced label. This happened to me with exact same notes and the package came back to me (I was the sender).

air-
Sep 24, 2007

wattershed posted:

Haha what did the label say afterward, "contraband inside"?

It's all shelf stuff anyway, oh well. I wonder if it was a bottle that got too cold on the east coast...

Close! It had a huge sticker saying check for over 21 ID with signature.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone in NYC up for an in person trade? I'm there next week.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ISO: Straight Jacket
FT: Texas distro beers. I can't do any Jester King brewery only stuff, but I have easy access to most Prairie beer including Bible Belt. We don't have Pirate Bomb yet.

e: I'll up the ante a little. Found a bottle of Viking Metal and Das Wunderkind, or I may be able to get a bottle of the newer and funkier Noble King. I have Freetail Salado Kriek available as well.

air- fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 23, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks to pheel and americanzero4128 for taking care of me on the Straight Jacket! I normally have a regular trading partner from Chicago, but he hasn't traveled to me lately and I'l likely be on the lookout for it again in future releases.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO someone to ship a box from Cascade for me. I'll place the order and have it shipped to you. You slap a new label on it and ship it to me. I'll be paying for everything. Your only cost is a little bit of time. I'll send you something for your trouble.

How soon do you need this done? I am probably going to Portland (I'd be cool with picking up the order myself and slap a label to go directly to you) but it likely won't be until June.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Seattle and Portland goons: will be at both cities for business in May and June. Let's set up an in person trade, I like sours and especially would like De Garde/Upright.

Can bring:
Jester King: Viking Metal, MvB, Tempranillo, Atrial
Prairie: Coffee/Vanilla/Noir, Bomb, Bible Belt
Revolution Straight Jacket
Alpine Nelson, Duet
Deschutes Abyss '10
BCBS/BCBW/Backyard
Other Texas shelf beer

e: x posting what I posted on TB.

air- fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 21, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

The bottle of Fuzzy is 375ml right? That'd be pretty loving absurd.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Funny hearing all this about the bottle counts, because I've had friends look to trade MvB+Temp 2:1 for it and all have failed. To me, it seemed like there's a ton more Life Is Like.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Saw this happen and I'd like to go for it too... 1:1 straight up.

ISO: Hommage

FT: V013

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Then there's the international shipping, which is a whole nother :can:

And remember the hemisphere seasonal difference!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah I made sure everyone I was doing my Prairie trades with was down for a 12 bottle shipper. Recipient just specified how much they want of each beer but bottom line, it makes a lot more sense for the shipping.

I'll be open for doing another round of sending out Prairie sometime in June by the way, shoot me PM's. Really wish Pirate would get down here already, but I think there should be a lot of new Prairie showing up in the next month or so.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Hahaha there's a surplus of Philly goons who are active, seemingly second in numbers behind Chicago I think?

And yeah I'll also vouch for Bag of Sun Chips being an excellent trade partner.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

Gonna throw one last bone out there: ISO Aurelian, Nocturn, MvB and CdT. If you've got them, let's talk.

If only the limits weren't so low... I know they're making Nocturn again but it'll likely be one per person.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone here with easy access to Funky Buddha?

ISO: Last Snow growler

FT: Prairie or just shoot me a PM with whatever you may want from Texas outside of Jester King sours (Temp, MvB, Atrial and all of that are long gone oh god please stop asking).
Can consider picking up stuff from PNW area (how about a Boneyard growler eh?) considering I'm going up there too.

E: And some specific brewery-only JK offerings I can send:
Funk Metal
RU55
Hibernal Dichotomous

air- fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 2, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Correct URL to use for post history is this one, that one is unique for the search you ran :radcat:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=143211

Any goons who I sent Prairie Bomb: please check your bottles ASAP, let me know if there's anything wrong. I heard more reports of rust and it's getting more widespread, would feel like poo poo sending you bad beer.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

If I didn't already have too much beer... gently caress that's super tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

2x12 bottle shippers would be the way to go it and that'll be roughly $35-40 depending on location etc.

If I can find enough of the beer in one place I think I may go for it.

e: also shout out to cryme, one of the many goons who took me up on sending out Prairie (I'm down to do this again in a few months so yall keep in touch). Awesome box in return! I'll post up all the loot together when all the other inbound boxes arrive next week.

e2: Prairie should really invest in a new capper, you can see the beer seeping out...

air- fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 23, 2014

• Locked thread