Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
So I would be up for a bit of trading. For my history before, I have successfully traded with two goons: what is this and Vertigo. I've also met and hopefully proved myself to be a normal human being with goons like boredbythis and Shaneb.

My cellar is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvnJDGMY-bRpdDZqeXhnT1h1V3NYZXpUdFF1Z1g0Ymc

I also have easy access to Half Acre, Goose Island Specialties, Bell's, Founders, 3 Floyds, etc. in Chicago. http://www.binnys.com/beer/search is a decent place to research what we get here.

I would be looking primarily for beers from other places; there are very few "whales" I care about.

I'd love to try Russian River, Alesmith, Deschutes, Portsmouth, Alaskan; stuff I can't get in Chicago.

P.S. I won't be getting any 3 Floyds 15 anniversary like I said earlier in the beer thread; I can't justify the cost of the beer / effort to get out there.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

BoredByThis posted:

Are your tickets up for grabs? I didn't get FoBAB tickets and could use something to go to?

I already sold my tickets to a coworker. Sorry.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Corbet posted:

So basically I shouldn't even try and get Lost Abbey beers because they're ridiculously hard to get. drat it.

No, you shouldn't get them because their owner is an rear end in a top hat and they are overpriced.

That said, you picked 4 of some of their rarest beers. Many of the normal offerings are readily available. We get lots of their beers in Chicago (all the year rounds, seasonals, and Angel's Share).

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zam and I have agreed to a trade and are both shipping tomorrow 11/28/11.

$40 each - Midwest (me) for West Coast (Zam).

Here's to getting some stuff I've never had before!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

This December Alaska is supposed to release their Barleywine. I would like to get a bottle or two of this as well as a bottle or two of their Smoked Porter. I would prefer to just trade regular items from the Midwest/Chicago, but I could trade something from the cellar depending on what it is. Anyone up for it when its available?

*EDIT* That was filled quick! Set up for now; I'll change this edit if something changes.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 1, 2011

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Just wanted to say Zam is a great trader and should be applauded.

I can't wait to get into this delicious West Coast beer.

The only thing missing is a Alesmith IPA which I've already had. It was hilariously flat but I still enjoyed it.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 7, 2011

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Sublimer posted:

The trade value of BCBS '11 on BA is pretty high right now. I posted an ISO:FT just looking for my wants about an hour ago and already have over 10 messages about it.

Probably because is it drinking amazingly fresh. Abuse that trade value now; apparently they are releasing a lot more 2011 within a month or two.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Midorka posted:

Tomorrow I'm doing my first trade, I'm sending out a 4 pack of Sixpoint Resin and a Flying Fish ESB Amber Ale for a Surly Furious, Surly Abrasive and a Surly Bender. I'm assuming it's going to be easy to simply just put the 4 pack in a box and stuff the box to ensure no movement, but I have one bottle now. I've heard people tape the caps to prevent leaking. Would packing tape work fine for this?

I would put the one bottle in a ziploc bag and tape the top down with packing tape. Or yea, just tape the top of the bottle with packing tape.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Looking for Troegs Flying Mouflan

PM me or respond in the thread if you like

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Doesn't matter to me who does it! I'm just looking for two bottles (one to try fresh and one to age for a bit). I live in Chicago, so I have access to stuff here like Half Acre, also my cellar which I posted earlier.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Looking for some upcoming Hair of the Dog releases.

Doggy Claws
Cherry Adam
Michael

I live in Chicago, IL so I have access to everything in the Midwest (including New Glarus).

Half Acre, 3 Floyds, New Glarus, Founders, Bells, Goose Island, etc.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Just wanted to say that swickles is both a legit and fair trader. He shipped as quickly as he could (despite Fedex bullshit) and was easy to work with.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

I'm looking for a bottle or two of regular 2014 DL. This will be the first year in five years that I will be unable to go, but I'd like to continue my vertical. Anyone going to have any extra?

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

danbanana posted:

I might, depending on allotment. You're in Chicago, right?

Yep, I'm in Chicago. I assume the allotment will be three per, as it has the last two years.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Danbanana, what was the allotment this year?

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Any Chicagoland goons have an extra Dark Lord they would be willing to sell/trade ? I wasn't able to go this year (same as last), and have a way too old 6 year vertical that I want to add a seventh to and drink. Not sure what I can trade in exchange that you wouldn't have, but open to the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

trauma llama posted:

I have one I'd be willing to trade. I've also got some fresh Apocalypse cow and can make a trip to the brew pub if theres anything else you're interested in.

I sent you a PM if you're still interested.

• Locked thread