Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I'd really like to get my hands on some Hair of the Dog, specifically Adam from the Wood. I don't have much in the cellar right now, but hopefully some poor soul will take pity on me. Current list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yesterday Troegs announced that they were doing a limited release of Triple Mango IPA in bottles. The timing was pretty much perfect since I had the day off and I'd never been to the brewery before. This led to me saying "gently caress it" and driving 2 hours each way to buy beer. I just got home with two cases; plan on drinking one and trading the rest. Figured I'd offer it up to anyone here first.

It's a super big beer at 11.3% but the alcohol doesn't take center stage. Instead it's like a grapefruit and a bunch of mangoes decided to punch your tongue to death. There's a slight pine bitterness after the initial tropical/citrus hit and then it fades into an almost spicy black pepper thing. It's definitely a palate wrecker, but it's god drat delicious.

Anyone interested? I'm mostly looking for things we can't get in PA, NJ or DE. Zombie Dust would be awesome if someone could hook that up. But i'm pretty much open to anything. And if anyone local wants to do an in person that's fine too. I'm open to pretty much anything.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I missed the cucumber saison during Philly beer week so I'd be up for that! The IPA works out to be a little over $14 for a 6-pack. Do you want a full 6 pack?

Both of you should PM me and we can work something out.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'd like to get my hands on a bottle or two of the new Half Acre "soft sour", 2023m2

http://halfacrebeer.com/blog/

I'm in Philadelphia so I've got easy access to distribution in PA, NJ, MD, and DE; I can get a lot of stuff.

I've also got a small cellar with some fun stuff if you're into that: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AntSnKdZTbwBdG5UV3J4dzg5QUQ0dHBUMkxubzVYaWc#gid=0

Let's work something out please!

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 15, 2013

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm still looking for a bottle or two of the New Glarus Strawberry Rhubarb. I'm trying to pick it up for my girlfriend's birthday since Rhubarb is her favorite thing ever and she loves sour beer. If someone could hook me up I will shower you with beer.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Oregoons: I'm down to my last bottle of Fred. This needs to be fixed immediately. And while you're at it I want some Dave too. And anything else you can get from HotD.

I'm in Philadelphia and have access to a bunch of stuff. I can do Tired Hands growlers, random things from Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Lets work something out! Tell me what you're looking for.

Help me help you help me.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Me in Reverse posted:

Otto/Matt info -- On October 11th @ 10pm, Hair of the Dog will be releasing bottles Matt and Otto for $15/bottle or $300/case (24 bottles), with a limit of one case per customer.

Hatful, If you're interested in Otto/Matt in a significant quality, maybe us and one/more Portland goons can go in on a case?

I'd also take a few bottles of the non-limited stuff.

If it's possible I'd want a sixer each of Matt and Otto and a full case of Fred. I'd gladly pay straight cash plus shipping and a little extra for your trouble if someone is able to help out.

If you can't get the Matt or Otto I'd still want a case of Fred. It's one of my favorite beers and I've only got a single bottle left.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm down. Maybe we can get it wrapped up by the beginning of November though? Thanksgiving through Christmas is probably going to be rough for a lot of people.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Me in Reverse posted:

I brought up splitting a case earlier.

If we get one goon who is willing to go and physically get them, I'm sure the contents of the cases would disappear quickly.

Yes please. And even if we can't get Otto/Matt going I'm still looking for some kind goonsire or goonette to goon me up a case of Fred. I'll gladly pay cost plus shipping plus a few bucks for your troubles.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

If you can get to a fedex or ups near an office park they usually won't question anything because they just assume it's work related. Every time I've shipped it's been from a location like that and they just weigh the package and slap a label on it with zero questions asked.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hey friends, I'm still looking to pick up a bunch of HotD Fred and Adam. Can some kind soul help me out here? Preferably I'd like 12 of each, but I realize that's a lot to ship. But even if you could manage like a six pack of each I'd be grateful. We can either do a trade or a straight up money transaction. Someone be a friend.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I know this is probably not going to happen, but... if anyone in El Catador Club doesn't want their Forgotten Island because their taste buds are broken or something get in touch with me. I don't know if I have anything good enough to trade for a membership exclusive single bottle release, but I will try my hardest. Tired Hands stuff, Cantillon from my cellar, shelf turds from the city of brotherly love. Whatever you want. PM or email me neufpas at the googlemail

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

dphi is my hero for helping me restock my Fred and Adam supply.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'll split the trade with Me in Reverse. You can ship to either of us since we both have a stockpile of IP trade stuff (seriously come pick up your beer). Is there something specific you want from TH?

edit: also I don't play LoL anymore. I switched to DOTA2. It's less snowball-y. I'm hatfulofhollow on steam.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 3, 2013

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Does anyone have Bruery Beauregarde for trade? I'm also interested in picking up a couple bottles of Drake's Denogginizer and Aroma Coma.

edit - I also messaged you, Daunte

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Is anyone picking up beatification? I'd like to get 4 or 5 bottles. Let's work something out over PMs or email me neufpas at googlemails

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

LeafHouse posted:

I thought the monks cafe Flemish red was not really sour at all. Cuvee des Jacobins now there's a good shelf sour!

It's tart, but more of a balsamic vinegar flavor. A bit too thin for me though. I'd almost always take Vichtenaar over it if I wanted a flemish red.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

DC Brau On The Wings Of Armageddon trades well too

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

It's been said quite a few times, but the easiest way to get trades going is to figure out what you want and ask for it. It doesn't matter that you've only got a limited number of things to trade. Posting something that says "I have X and I'm looking for Y" is more constructive than posting "What can X get me?" because there are tens of thousands of beers out there so that's a pretty broad question.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Does anyone live near Cellarmaker in San Francisco? They did a collaboration with Tired Hands called TacoHands that is going on tap today. I don't care enough about the beer to ask for a growler, but for the release they made TacoHands shirts which is the normal Tired Hands logo but with a taco in each hand and it says "Taco Hands" instead of "Tired Hands". Is someone able to hook me up? We can either trade or I can just send you cash. I need one of these shirts in my life.

see here for awesomeness: http://sfbrewersguild.org/blog/taco-hands-beer-coming-soon-cellarmaker-brewing

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Cbear posted:

Trade review please...

My 6pack of Zombie Dust for his 4pack of Gandhi Not

Thoughts?

Keep the Zombie Dust. There is literally no reason to trade that beer. Especially considering you probably traded for it in the first place.

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Beer is for drinking.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Just hopping in to say that Daunte Vicknabb is an amazing trader. I'm going to have to ship a follow up box because he really went overboard with all the extras. Super generous dude.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'd be interested in getting my hands on a Proprietors as well. If anyone has one let's make some magic happen.

http://www.beercellar.me/cellar/hatfulofhollow

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

wattershed posted:

I wonder if it was a bottle that got too cold on the east coast...

I just had a package make it from the west coast all the way out to Philly without a problem, only to break while on the truck for delivery. It's been cold as gently caress out here so something probably popped.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

El Jebus posted:

So my buddy just moved back to DC from the Netherlands. For Christmas he sent me a Westy 12 because he knew I hadn't had one. Is there anything in from California that he can't get in the DC area that you think might be of similar value? I want to return the favor but just don't know what he might have access to.

The answer is almost always Russian River. Almanac is another solid option.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'd like to get a bottle of Toasty Nut Abduction. Anyone have?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I know it's late, but I'd still like to get my hands on a bottle or two of Beatification. Anyone have any they're interested in trading? PM me or something.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hutzpah posted:

Anyone in the jersey area have any hill farmstead beers or Russian river sours ft? Im primarily looking for anna or supplication. I have lots of HF and brewery only releases from north east breweries.

Not sure where in Jersey you are, but if you can make it into Philly you can probably pick up all of the RR sours in a few stops.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hutzpah posted:

Any recommendations on beer stores to go to? I go to tired hands every month or two but I'm not sure where to go to find RR.

The most reliable spots are Brew (across the street from South Philly Tap Room), Beer Heaven (Columbus Ave and Washington), Bottle Bar East (just north of Frankford Hall and Johnny Brenda's), and any of the Foodery locations.

Those are the places I've gotten almost all of my Russian River sours. But they definitely do come and go. Six months ago we were flush with Supplication. We were joking about it being a shelf beer. Then it all dried up right as I traded away my last bottle and I couldn't find it anywhere. But it started showing up again at the beginning of December. You may just have to hit a couple spots to find it because there's no guarantee.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hey Portland: ISO Breakside Salted Caramel Stout

http://www.beerpulse.com/2014/01/breakside-salted-caramel-stout-bottles-to-be-released-next-week-2283/

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Me in Reverse posted:

ISO Forgotten Island since at this point I am comfortable describing my bottle as "stolen" by a Goon trustee

You know what dude, the entire situation blows and I owe you beer anyway so I'll just give you one of mine.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hey Chicago, I know this is the beer trading thread, but I'm looking for a bottle of Malort. PM me and let's make a deal!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

danbanana posted:

I totally have an unopened bottle...

Send it to me.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

DoTheEvolution posted:

If anyone wants something from the New England area I love taking beer road trips, so I'm not against going up to Hill Farmstead to make a trip for you guys.

Your inbox is about to explode

:can:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Is anyone in or near Maine or have access to Oxbow? I'm interested in trying their bottles. Especially Synthesis, Arboreal, Blended Oxtoberfest, and Cletus. But I'd be up for anything. I've tried regular Oxtoberfest, Loretta, and Space Cowboy.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Yeah, after trying Straightjacket at EBF last night i'm going to throw my hat in the ring too. I can offer Russian River sours, tired hands growlers, or anything else from Pennsylvania or new Jersey

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO CCB Humidor American Sour
FT Russian River sours, Tired Hands growlers, lots of other stuff

Looking for two bottles. Surely someone can help me out.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO someone to ship a box from Cascade for me. I'll place the order and have it shipped to you. You slap a new label on it and ship it to me. I'll be paying for everything. Your only cost is a little bit of time. I'll send you something for your trouble.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

There's no rush, but I think I've got it covered at this point. Thanks for all the responses guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I've got a bunch of extra Forest & Main Manu Negra (oak aged farmhouse oatmeal stout) that I'm looking to exchange for similarly limited stuff I can't get. I want your barrel aged saisons and sours. Particularly interested in Lil Opal, Coolship Red, and Upright Blend Love. But I'm open to other stuff as well.

• Locked thread