Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

air- posted:

Hahaha there's a surplus of Philly goons who are active, seemingly second in numbers behind Chicago I think?

And yeah I'll also vouch for Bag of Sun Chips being an excellent trade partner.

There's not that many of us. We just post a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I used to have a Philly guy that was super reliable (I got every bottle release except that escargot stout) but he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth.

If there's something specific you're looking for from Tired Hands you can just post here. It's not very far out of my way home from work and it doesn't take much to convince me to stop by and fill a growler. As for bottles, between me, a worthy uhh, and a few other people that post irregularly in the other thread, someone can probably come up with an extra. I still have multiples of Out of the Emptiness and Back Into the Emptiness.

I've never been up to Bullfrog because it's really far from Philly. We do see a lot of their beers on tap around here so growlers are an option.

Also, you should be ISO Forest & Main. They're another small brewpub in this area that is making some excellent beer with a primary focus on english and belgian styles.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Zam posted:

Always great trading here! Have not had a bad experience yet and have developed great trading partners. Just need people who want Chocolate Rain and my other Bruery beers though.

ISO mocha Wednesday and sour in the rye variants.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Vertigo posted:

I've never seen 3F in Philly area at all

It's around but it flies off shelves. Beer Heaven had Oude Kriek when I was in last week. And they had Schaerbeekse a few months ago for the laffo price of $75. Local 44 had Oude Geuze a while back but it was gone by the end of the day.

It's definitely around but people go crazy for it so it doesn't usually sit unless its hilariously overpriced. And even then it still moves eventually.

edit - haha, you were talking about Three Floyds not Drie Fonteinen. I just saw your comment about 3F and RR sours and my brain made that jump.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 8, 2014

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Goon trades are the best trades. I've pretty much given up trading outside of SA because you people are amazing.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hey Portland i'm ISO cherry Adam and Adam from the wood. They were just released at the brewery. If you can get them I'd like to arrange something.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

funkybottoms posted:

both of them are 100% flat, just so you know

I'm OK with that

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I opened a Bomb and a Vanilla Noir and both were fine. And before your shipment I opened a Bomb and a Bible Belt from someone else. No problems with any of them.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I don't know him personally but I just did a trade with him and he's a super nice dude.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO Drake's Aroma Coma

Someone just posted in the beer thread about this which is good because I completely forgot about it. If you can get it for me I'll send you some Yuengling for your troubles.

Seriously though PM me and let's work out a deal. I got all dem hot southeastern PA whales.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I See A Darkness was phenomenal. If you can get to SARA it would be worth it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

a worthy uhh posted:

I just want to say that goon Jerome Louis is an _awesome_ trading partner. Our trade was for a 4pk each of Heady Topper, Focal Banger, and The Crusher. He included cans of NEBCO 668 & Elm City, a bomber of a homebrew Hibiscus Brett beer, and a growler of OEC Elixis as extras.

And holy poo poo was that box bombproof.

Quoting for truth.

He cloned that box and sent the same thing to me. Awesome box. Awesome dude. A+ would trade with again.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm looking for some Revolver Blood and Honey. Let's trade some shelf stuff.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Hatful, I know you're more likely to read this than RB, so I'm posting here to ask you to talk to me on RB. I wanna swap for some more TH growlers! And maybe some other stuff! Message me.

Messaged you there.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I just want to say goon trades are the best trades.

dphi, Zam, Jerome Louis, and Daunte Vicknabb are all good dudes.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO Cascade Blackcap Raspberry

Get at me, yo.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO your blueberry sours and saisons

Chevalier Bertrand du Guescelin
Blueberry Flanders
Upland Blueberry
HF Blueberry Flora

Open to other bluebs too

FT a bunch of Tired Hands, Forest & Main, Spring House Reserve Society, Carton, Russian River, Firestone Walker, and other stuff I'm forgetting because I have too much. I've got a ton to trade. We can probably work out a deal.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

air- posted:

I also wouldn't qualify as frequent at the moment, stopped all shipping trades for a bit. Just figure it would be a quick reference for who is generally open for a trade and their location, people could just shoot PM's directly if they want.

Anyhow if there's anything you guys wanna add, feel free to edit it directly:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mueo86mHwsMvf5r-vXTjzuQTxQ2XDCsjtNZx7PwKGhs/edit?usp=sharing

I tried to clean it up a bit and add a new column. I don't know what info needs to be included here. Someone else could probably take a stab. I'm viewing it as a sort of running ISO list without having to rely on reddit because seriously gently caress reddit

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO your BA Mexican Cakes
FT ~other beers~

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-colour-five

I will make it rain Tired Hands on you if you can help me out.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

a worthy uhh posted:

Chicagoons -- I'd like to work something out for a pre-trade on some of this year's Proprietor's. Like 2/3. Let me know if you're interested.

I too would like to get in on this, but I'm not greedy like my friend here so I'd like just one bottle.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

oops. Thought this was the homebrew thread. Heh.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 25, 2014

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

drat it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hardy Rodenstock was his name. He made a fortune selling bottles with questionable provenance. There's an excellent non-fiction book about that whole scandal called The Billionaire's Vinegar.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

This is the only place I trade anymore. And honestly I don't even put in the effort to set up real trades. One of my regular partners asks if I can get a hold some something and I send it to them. I don't even care what they send back. It makes the process much easier.

BTW if we have an open trade or you are waiting on a Beerdy Claws box it will be going out next week. Procrastination, cold weather, and vacation got in the way. But mostly procrastination.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Grand Reserve, RR Beatification, AleSmith BA Olde Ale, HotD Cherry Adam
FT Tired Hands bullshit, handjibbers

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 24, 2015

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO Beachwood Rye Like and Eagle
FT Tired Handjobs

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm inviting myself to your Epic Bottle Share.

Also, for content I want to say that air is a good dude to trade with. His most recent box to me was great. I hope my return box is good enough.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

When will people finally learn to put every bottle in it's own sealed bag? A box of gallon ziploc bags is not that expensive. Way less than losing a box of beer. And if a bagged bottle breaks it will still be delivered because the box won't be leaking. I generally do this even if I'm using a styro shipper.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO Velvet Speedway FT Tired Handbeezies and other east coast gems.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

You might be #newmoney if you...

* drive to Vermont and try to trade Heady for limited releases
* are more worried about getting the latest hype beer than just drinking something good
* buy anything off of MBC

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

-Insist on waiting overnight in line for releases when they don't have to

Holy poo poo. These loving people.

These are the doofuses lined up outside Forest & Main for 2 hours before they open. Meanwhile I'm sitting on my couch planning on picking up bottles 3 days after the release because that's how it always works (except for Marius).

Also, these are the people who recently posted "How early do I have to get in line at Monk's for Zwanze Day?" in a local beer group.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

a worthy uhh posted:

I'm getting in line early again because I'll be alone and I want to buy Loonz for cash money like last year :getin:

That post was about you.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Slore Tactician posted:

NJ distribution kind of sucks.

Carton, Kane, Spellbound (Yes, I'm putting Spellbound in this arena because I was there last weekend and I drank 3 fruited IPAs and they were all Tired Hands levels of good).

You have plenty of ammo to get stuff if you go to those releases.

But I completely understand not wanting to go to those releases. Especially Kane.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO Fremont coffee Bourbon Darkstar
FT hugs

Message me and let's work something out.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

You're the best!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO Black Bottle Count Chocula beer
FT east coast offerings

Where my Fort Collins peeps? Let's do this.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

You Chicago people could probably make a killing in the Philly trade groups because I've seen some ridiculous things happen for Prop 15.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ISO one of those german chocolate jawns after funky is taken care of
FT tired hands jawns

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

This might actually be doable since carton just released regular coffee and two variants not to long ago. People are still sitting on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I have just realized that I have like 20 bottles of Bullfrog Grrz sitting around from the last two releases (I bought 2 sets from the 2nd release and 3 sets from the 3rd release). If anyone wants to try some dope rear end AWAs hit me up.

I'm sitting on an excess of Blueberry, Melange, Kriek, Berry, Druiven, Blackberry, and Plum.

I'm mostly looking for other barrel aged sours and saisons.

• Locked thread