Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Corbet posted:

If anybody is looking for some Bell's Hopslam, I shouldn't have any issues sending some to anybody who is interested. I'm looking for the following:

-Cash (because shipping/buying beers can get expensive, and I'm fine buying beers and shipping them out for little profit, if any)
-Cascade Brewery (Multiples of Apricot Ale, Sang Royal, Kriek Ale)
-Brasserie Fantôme (pretty much anything)
-3 Fonteinen (pretty much anything)
-Cantillon (pretty much anything)
-Captain Lawrence (pretty much anything)
-Cigar City (pretty much anything)

Tried to send a PM, but your mailbox was full. Are you still looking for those Cascade Brewing beers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Currently doing my first ever beer trade with Corbet. My package of Cascade Brewing sour beers arrived at his house today, but the two bottles of Kriek I sent leaked during shipping. They were probably subjected to some sub-freezing temperatures on their week long trip east and the corks got pushed.

:negative:

Lessons learned:
  1. Always use styrofoam bottle shippers if possible. May not have made a difference in my case, but the extra insulation always helps in cold weather. I didn't have a styrofoam 6-pack shipper readily available, so I went with one of the paper wine shippers. Bottles were snug, but not well-insulated.
  2. Wrap and tape corked bottles tightly. I didn't provide any extra support for the corks and cages. If I had done so, the bottles may not have leaked.
  3. Use FedEx. I went with UPS. Brought the package to the shipping center on a Saturday morning. It didn't even start its trip east until the following Monday. Then it took 8 days to reach its destination. I should have requested it to be delivered by Friday of that week at the least and payed whatever extra money it cost. FedEx looks like it has a better default shipping option.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

rage-saq posted:

I need some Adam from the Wood. I can probably hook you up with some good stuff for 2 or 3 bottles.

Do you have a specific kind in mind, like bourbon or cherry? The cherry release is in a couple of weeks and I might be able to hook you up.

Edit: sorry, I was thinking of Bourbon Fred from the Wood. Don't have regular Adam FTW, but will have access to cherry.

consensual poster fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 22, 2012

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

air- posted:

FT: AL + O&P

Did I forget to buy a secret decoder ring, or can people really identify beers by 2 letter abbreviations?

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

any of you PDX-ish guys able to score some of the Upright Sole Comp Barleywine that's being released this weekend? inquiring minds want to know!

I might. Pretty disappointed about the 2 375mL bottle limit. Is 1 375 worth it for you?

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

if you want to send along some other stuff, yes!

the 375ml thing is kinda jive, though

I like that it comes in 375s instead of 750s, but I'm bummed about the super low limit.

Let me see what I can get my hands on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

ISO: BA Abyss and Angry Chair German Chocolate Cupcake Stout. i know the former shouldn't be too big of an ask, but i dunno who might be local to the latter...

PM'd you about the BA Abyss.

• Locked thread