Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Corbet posted:

Does anybody happen to live close to Russian River and want to set up some type of regular trading for their more rare releases (like the next round of Beatification and Pliny the Younger)?

I live in the midwest and tend to go to any of the following breweries for major releases:

-Kuhnhenn (Barrel Aged 4D release 2x a year in bottles)
-Dark Horse (Barrel Aged Plead the Fifth every December)
-Founders (Backstage releases, KBS in March)
-Bells (Black Note Stout, but who knows if I'll even have a chance to get there in time)
-Jolly Pumpkin (La Roja Grand Reserve)
-Three Floyds (Dark Lord in March)
-Upland (Lambics)
-Jackie O's (tons of barrel aged stuff, 2-3 bottle releases every couple months)
Just a note: Pliny the Younger is never bottled or growlered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Toxx posted:

Goodluck! When I left Santa Rosa I took with me what I could from the brewpub and that unfortunately only amounted to 6 plinys at the time.

I've been to virtually every place in town that stocks Pliny and I've never seen one that would give me more than two at a time. It's actually far easier and cheaper to just find the bars that stock Pliny (although this might be totally different the closer you get to Santa Rosa).

The condition that "I don't know when I want them but they have to be fresh" is a bit difficult too, I think since most places that get them just get them whenever Russian River happens to ship them. But good luck!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Looking for: I'm also looking for Surly stuff, particularly Bender and Coffee Bender - I'm looking to make one of Northern Brewer's home brew clones to see how close I can brew to a commercial sample, but I don't have any samples to compare to. Also interested in typical stuff you can get everywhere but here, i.e. Bell's, Founders, etc.

For Trade: San Diego-area beer, particularly Alpine Beer co. Obviously have access to most typical production stuff in San Diego, which is basically all stuff you can get everywhere :v: like Green Flash, Ballast Point, Alesmith, etc. etc. Of course, most of this is stuff you can get everywhere because while we have a lot of breweries in town, most of our well known breweries have relatively large distribution networks - the only hard to get one we have here than I can think of is Alpine.

We have a limited number of nano-breweries that can their stuff like Monkey Paw and obviously about a billion random breweries that don't make anything you've ever heard of.

Edit: I also have a few bottles of 2011 Ballast Point Victory at Sea left.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 20, 2012

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Captain Shortbus posted:

Anyone out there have access to Russian River? I'd really love to try one of their sours. I have access to most Midwest breweries.

Yup - their sours are quite easy to get around here. They're quite expensive, however. They're like $12 for a 375mL.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Captain Shortbus posted:

Well, I'd be down for a couple after Christmas if you're up for a trade. I'm guessing you're on the West Coast? PM me if you have them. Otherwise, I'll send you contact info.

I PM'd you about them.

crazyfish posted:

Russian River's sours are worth every penny they command. I've never had Beatification, but Consecration is probably my favourite sour made in the USA.

edit: sorry, didn't realize this wasn't the main beer thread.
Beatification is the one that they only release at the brewpub itself once or twice yearly for a single day or so, so I've never had it either :(

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'm sort of interested in getting another trade going after having a pretty successful bottle share. I've got a few things, including Lost Abbey Red Poppy, a couple bottles of 2013 FW Sucaba and one bottle of Alesmith Barrel Aged Kopi Luwak Speedway Stout. I've got quite a few others too and as usual, anything available readily in San Diego including bottles from Alpine Beer Co. Not really sure what I'm looking for, though, which might make it a pointless request.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sublimer posted:

Have any idea of what you're looking for for the Kopi Luwak Speedway? I have some beers you may be interested in including stuff like 2011 Darklord and a few different Cantillons

That's the kind of stuff I'm interested in, but I can't honestly say I'm really sure what the trade value of all this stuff is.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sorry to anyone that PM'd me about those BA Kopi Luwak or Red Poppy bottles. I didn't check my PMs for like three weeks and I had a ton of work to do during that time, so I'm going to start over from Square One and just list what I've got.

I've still got a 750mL bottle of the BA Kopi Luwak Speedway Stout, a bottle of Lost Abbey Red Poppy, a couple of Sucaba 2013 and a couple of (12 oz.) Green Flash Silva Stouts for trade (I've got some other stuff too that I'm forgetting about) I'd be interested in KBS or something if someone really wants to part with it, but that might be a weird trade since the BA KLSS bottles were like $28 a piece, so ounce for ounce its kind of a weird trade since entire 4s of KBS are like $20. Obviously, I'm willing to listen to other offers for neat stuff I can't get around here plus I have access to Alpine, etc. the usual SD stuff.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 3, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

U.S. Barryl posted:

I really, really want Parabola. I have one bottle of KBS, and Speedway Stout, and can get whatever else you could expect to find in Illinois, outside of Chicago. Alesmith, Jolly Pumpkin, most Founder's stuff, Dark Horse, etc. PM me, please.

Parabola hasn't reached anywhere outside of the Firestone brewery itself. I'd be a little patient before you resort to needing a trade, particularly given Chicago and Illinois is in FW's distribution zone.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I've never had Zombie Dust, Heady Topper or any of the other highly rated IPAs you can't get in San Diego. Basically looking to do a shelf beer trade. I can offer Alpine in return, or Pliny the Elder or something comparable.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I have a few bottles of Barrel Aged Speedway Stout available, but I'm not really sure what I want for it.

I may or may not have Duck Duck Gooze tomorrow, I'll let y'all know after the sale whether I fail or not.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sublimer posted:

ISO: DDG

FT: '11 Dark Lord + 3,75 of '09 Cantillon Gueuze or '10 Rose

To make up the $4$ difference of ~:10bux:, I can throw in a few Founders Rubaeus or Imperial Stout or maybe a FFF bomber.

Even if this offer isn't exactly your cup of tea, please PM me and let's try to work something out!

I have extra bottles of DDG available (well I purchased them already...). PM if you haven't made a deal yet.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Still listening to offers on Duck Duck Gooze, Barrel Aged Speedway Stout or Vietnamese Speedway Stout.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Just popping in to say I got another great box from funkybottoms. Always a good trader and still never had a bad trade with a Goon.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I've never had a box questioned even once. If they asked, I'd just say it was tube-radio equipment (hence the fragility and glass notices I sometimes use). I suppose I could claim it was snow globes or something, but if the box managed to leak, it'd be curtains regardless.

On that note, I have one more bottle of Duck Duck Gooze available for trade. Also still have several bottles of BA Speedway Stout.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

FT: Kern River Brewing Company Citra. I have the bottles in hand, only three days old.

I've been looking for fresh Heady Topper or Zombie Dust for a while but had no takers or offers. Let me know if you want to work something out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Uuudar posted:

If nothing works out for you before hand, I'm planning on snagging fresh Heady that I could ship out Nov 11-12. Don't want to make any guarantees at this point, but throwing it out there and you can contact me at uuudar at gmail dot com.

I'm not opposed to trading it off now for future considerations (to any trustworthy goons or others I've traded with before), but I would need some kind of firm commitment that I'm actually going to get whatever beer is offered in return. I'm not sure I want to hold onto it for weeks until people are complaining its falling off and they don't want it. I'm liable to just drink the trade by then.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Cbear posted:

Didn't get many bites on my locals for locals thing. Should I just try to trade on BA? Just trying to start trading or getting some hard to find beers in MD.

Its too expensive to do that on a regular basis. Shipping two 22 oz's plus packaging is almost $20. People are usually going to want some stuff they've heard of.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

The only shipping that is a huge money sink is packages to the west coast (from the Great Lakes) - it can get up to $25+ for a 12 bottle shipper. Shipping anywhere else is usually $10-$15.

I just did a trade of a single Citra bottle plus one throw in can and it was $18.75.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

jbusbysack posted:

I have fresh zombie dust, living in Chicago. jbusby@gmail.com - let's talk.

I'll email you later today, hopefully in an hour or two.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Still have one bottle of fresh Kern River Citra to trade if anyone's interested (if not, I will certainly drink it :v:). Also have a few bottles of Alpine Pure Hoppiness, Alpine Duet and some other stuff to add in if anyone's interested.

Full list here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhujY757xecVdDA2NXA5S3J6OUxEYU8zQzNCT3BFNlE&usp=drive_web

(Highlights of beers available: DDG, Rye BA Numbskull, BA Speedway, Vietnamese Speedway, Alpine Great)

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 4, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

It doesn't matter how good the beer is, I'm not trading $40 of other rare beer for it (unless it cost $40 in the first place, signed Duck Duck Gooze)

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 22, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I wouldn't consider those 3 beers rare, especially if I lived so close to Hill Farmstead. He can walk into a dozen local bars and drink most Hill Farmstead beers on tap.

$4$ is dumb anyways. If somebody has a problem with me trading a Sour Reserve, a 750 ml "Gueuze" with a smaller bottle count that was $25 for their Duck Duck Gooze, a 750 ml "Gueuze" with a larger bottle count because they paid $40 for it, I would tell them to go gently caress themselves.

That certainly wasn't meant as an insult; I hope you didn't take offense to it. I'm just saying I personally wouldn't do it. I certainly don't think the trade you're talking about here sounds ridiculous and I certainly agree $4$ isn't the be-all, end-all.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 22, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Looking for a Backyard Rye and a couple of coffee BCBS. If anyone's looking to move them let me know and we can talk. I have a lot of stuff available.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Furious Lobster posted:

I have a growler of Alpine Keene Idea that was filled on Friday, Feb. 28. I believe that this is if not the first then one of the very few times that Keene has been allowed to be let go in growlers; primarily looking for other IPAs such as Double Galaxy or Double Sunshine. Also open to any AWAs or lambics :v: .

Pat is looking at this post right now and shaking his fists angrily.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'm really really interested in a few KBS and I have lots of whalebeer to trade for it. Gonna post my list later, but let me know if you have some you're looking to move.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I need to find the link to my google cellar spreadsheet somewhere, don't I?

I just checked it and its super out of date. Its gonna need to be updated before I can really give enough meaningful information.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 22, 2014

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

What's the actual value of BCBS and the variants? I'd like to get a flight going and I have actual rare poo poo like DDG and/or Alesmith BA Kopi Luwak Speedway, but those were all expensive to begin with

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

danbanana posted:

Obviously it depends on the variant but I would assume DDG would pull 2-3. BA Alesmith stuff would be closer to 1-2.

And if you haven't been keeping up: don't trade for Prop 15 which is loving awful.

Yeesh no thanks. DDG and BA Kopi are actual rare, not fake hoarded-rare like BCBS.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Compusaurus posted:

http://www.binnys.com/blog/blackfriday2015/#sthash.re0NemZ4.dpbs

Scroll down to see what binnys (major liquor store in Illinois) prices were. That's pretty much baseline.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize which thread I was in. You probably meant trade value...

I exist in this weird space where I still have a lot of cool poo poo in my cellar but I haven't given a gently caress about whale hunting in a year or two so its all just old stuff or stuff that was super easy to get.

It's just way easier to just find the bottle whale-y poo poo on draft, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ChickenArise posted:

I think I know a shop that always has the basics in stock, but I'd recommend exhausting every other option first. I think they mark up to like $50 for the regular 750s. :(

All of the Cantillon I've ever bought I got at a random beer store in Paris where all of the bottles were 14-17€...Can't you get it shipped straight from Europe for less per 750 than that?

• Locked thread