Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
nothing personal, but an unknown poster asking to sell beer on behalf of someone else is not really the way to inspire confidence. tell him to get a mybeercellar account, at least that way there's some protection for the buyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

atothesquiz posted:

I've also posted several times in the main beer thread. I was also the guy who chipped in money for the BIF box and i didn't even participate in the original (or current) BIF.

sorry, i meant unknown as in "no trade history"

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

SF-area goons, i came across this: "SARA is releasing Lucybelle today - 2 per person limit. 60ish cases available. Will probably last into the end of the weekend."

i would like a bottle.

ps- that's Sante Adairius Rustic Ales

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Me in Reverse posted:

Current FT on reddit... "Hill Farmstead CD6 + Beatification B5 + '12 BCBS, 3:1".

hmm... is it a 3L bottle?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

Yeah holy poo poo that's an absurd trade. VSB comes in a small 12oz bottle iirc.

Oh and on the NG chat, I'd be interested in trading Atrial Rubicite for New Glarus Thumbprint Wild Sour if anyone's got that.

might be able to include that in the next box i send you... (although i really want Noctum again)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Me in Reverse posted:

the trading community hyped Atrial pretty hard, so its' trade value is high.

yeah, is there a reason you're set on getting it? i don't want to sound patronizing, but are you into sour beers at all? if you are, cool, go for it- otherwise you're setting the bar kinda high for one of your first trades. my only other suggestion- and it's kind of of hail mary- is to contact someone who's looking to trade an AR and say, "here's everything i have to trade- is there anything here that will get this done?"

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

scotty posted:

Christ, is there really no one else in the area? I live 200 miles away, haha.

i'm in a few active trading groups and a steady HF hookup is truly hard to find. plenty of people live in/around Boston, but somebody who heads up to HF on any kind of a regular basis, well, that's a special thing.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

anybody in South Carolina? i'd very much like a bottle each of the new Westbrook Siberian Black Magic Panther beers and i've got a long list of things i'd be happy to trade.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

ExtremistCow posted:

$40/bottle is kind of crazy, but I'd be interested as well. I really like those Lost Abbey sours.

it's good, definitely worth trying at the price.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Me in Reverse posted:

Yeah, definitely. But it's also gone for Rare 1:1, so the market is kinda wild.

i've seen crazier trades than that for DBH

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

swickles posted:

Yeah, thats him! A+ service, would...uhhh...trustee-ee? truster? trusty mctrusterson? with again.

not sure if Zam is offering, but if so, he's a good dude in my book

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO someone to ship a box from Cascade for me. I'll place the order and have it shipped to you. You slap a new label on it and ship it to me. I'll be paying for everything. Your only cost is a little bit of time. I'll send you something for your trouble.

they don't ship to PA? you can ship it to me, i'm fine with sending it right back out since, you know, i work at a shipping store.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

did anyone get bottles of Fuzzy? my friend is looking for some and has DB Huna, Cognac Church and Cognac DL (amongst others) to trade. he had Fuzzy at FOBAB and liked it so much he stayed an extra day to drink more, so he's willing to go big. let me know!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

Based on the stupid things being posted on TB, he might have to give up all 3 of those. Which is loving stupid.

oh, his trading game is way above mine, so he knows what's up, but since he's getting crickets so far i figured i'd ask here because goons seem less inclined to hold poo poo hostage than your average BA user. motherfuckers have pretty much destroyed the curve already, though.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I'm honestly surprised there's this much hype. If you got there at 9 am (the earliest you could get in line), you were guaranteed 2 bottles of it.

St Louis isn't far from Chicago? seriously, though, the pre-release buzz and fear of a total shitshow drove the traders into a frenzy and set the bar way too high/broke the curve. if everyone knew how simple it was going to be i think we'd see much more reasonable trades going down.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

a worthy uhh posted:

^^ Honestly, just trade with goons. I've had the best experiences (barring one or two people) with goons.

my only bad trade was with a goon who ended up on the big "bad trader list" and who disappeared from the forums a while back, but i've had great experiences with probably ten or twelve others, a few of whom i've traded with multiple times.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

a worthy uhh posted:

Who was that? :allears:

jack skeleton (jackskeleton? jack_skeleton? some variation of that). you ever get a trade going with a dude in Los Angeles whose initials are J.J., lemme know, i'll tell you if it's him.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

There were a couple bad trader posts on BA back in the day for him. I think he went into hiding. He owed me a box for like 6 months and when he finally mailed it, it was missing some things we had agreed on him sending me. He ended up including some pretty decent local bottles, so I didn't make a fuss about it. This was 3 or so years ago.

yeah, and he got super-defensive in them. guess he was doing the Bruery trustee thing for a few different folks and burned them, but there's likely some recompense for that. me, i just got hosed over brutally with nothing to show for it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

if anyone is going to Kane for A Night to End All Dawns i would be willing to throw some good stuff (mostly stouts, old ales, and barleywines along with a few nice sour and saison options) your way for any and all of the variants.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Hey Portland i'm ISO cherry Adam and Adam from the wood. They were just released at the brewery. If you can get them I'd like to arrange something.

both of them are 100% flat, just so you know

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

wattershed posted:

Sheeeeeit you had to resort to /beertrade to get this one done?

i had a friend who was willing to do it...

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

FL wasn't always super prompt with responses, but our trade was completed successfully.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i would like some New Glarus Oud Bruin. hit me up with some beers/styles that you like and i'll make something happen!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

is anybody able to pick up from Alesmith? i'd gladly make it worth your while to get me some Vietnamese Speedway Stout, which is on sale now. the guy who had muled for me in the past isn't able to hook it up this time around...

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Fluo, i believe we've got at least two European goons who post with some frequency- Loonytoad Quack in England and Klaus Kinski, whom i believe is in Sweden... or maybe Denmark. think we might've had a Belgian for a second, too, but that was a while back.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Fluo posted:

By the way does many beer goons use untappd?

check out the OP for the big beer thread.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

Yes, that's what I meant. From what I heard, it was pretty easy to get even Sunday. But again, the hype after last year's release may make this year's a complete shitshow.

"may"? i'll bet five dollars that there are dozens of people from Chicago camping out for VSB

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

didn't coconut get hosed up?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i know the chances are basically nil, but if anyone has a HF Aaron or a 2005 750ml c&c Burton Baton (for a friend), i'm willing to go hard in the paint.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO your BA Mexican Cakes
FT ~other beers~

and when he's taken care of...

(i'm joking, but i'm serious)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Vertigo posted:

I saw on Facebook today that CCB dropped Good Gourd...

Anyone able to snag me a few bottles?

i've got some from last year!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

okay, trying to take care of some wants for a secret santa in another group. only looking to fill a couple spots and these are his more-attainable desires:

-Crooked Stave Oculus
-Upright Blend Love, Fantasia
-Trace Remy's Pappy
-Side Project (pretty much anything ((lol)))
-de Garde Vin Rougie, Lee Noir, Archer
-FW PNC Buckwheat
-Midnight Sun 3000
-Voodoo PVW Black Magic
-Central Waters Fifteen
-GI BCBS Vanilla
-de Struise Black Damnation V
-Kern Citra (assuming it's fresh, dunno what the release schedule is)

we're both east coast guys, so similar west coast offerings (aside from the Bruery as he's in the RS) are welcome, too. some things that i'm willing to trade:

-CCB Forgotten Island, Good Gourd Almighty
-Cascade Vlad, Sang Noir
-Captain Lawrence Rosso e Marrone
-Crooked Stave Dark Origins
-FW Double DBA, XVII, Velvet Merkin
-Forest and Main Manu Negra
-Founders Better Half, Nemesis 09, Nemesis 10
-Hangar 24 Pugachev's Cobra
-Alesmith BA Speedway
-Hardywood GBS, BA GBS, Rum Pumpkin, Anniversary beers, various other offerings
-HF Arthur, Nordic Saison, Florence, Anna, Vera Mae
-Russian River Beatification
-3 Brothers Resolute, Atramentous
-Alewerks Cafe Royale, Bourbon Barrel Porter
-Bruery Grey Monday
-whatever Strangeways and Lickinghole Creek is around

pretty aware of relative trade and monetary values, so i understand that a lot of those are not 1:1. also, since the SA messaging system blows, my gmail address is smrandolph and, on the off-chance that i get a lot of responses, preference will be given to those with whom i've previously traded. thanks!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

wattershed posted:

I hate to say it but it's SHOCKING it's taken this long for someone to get popped doing this. As far as dirtbag grifts go, this seems like low-hanging fruit but with the added effort of dipping the bottle for authenticity.

it happened a couple years back and was a thing on BA, but, yeah, surprised it doesn't happen more frequently. what gets the most about this instance is that the dude didn't even put a vanilla beer back in the bottle (or at least a few drops of extract)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Munkaboo posted:

Gotcha, cool... I will definitely consider it. I was hoping to maybe get some Hill Farmstead (dont care what), or some Jester King. I have no idea if that is an equal trade though. I have had Golden Nugget, and definitely enjoyed it.

shelf HF with the right person could happen, but GBS has been out for a few years and they made a lot of it this winter.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm really really interested in a few KBS and I have lots of whalebeer to trade for it. Gonna post my list later, but let me know if you have some you're looking to move.

a four-year vertical?

oh, and a couple extra from the last release

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 22, 2014

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i've had beer freeze and explode inside of the box prior to delivery. my understanding is that the freezing point drops two degrees for every 1% ABV, so if you're getting higher-alcohol beers and it won't be much below freezing, you should be okay. otherwise, try to check the five-day forecast between yourself and the shipment origin to make sure you're not facing low temps in the teens or something.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

not interested in Westy, but wouldn't mind some La Roja GR for some Allagash sours

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Zam posted:

Understand your concerns, although I would say that the vast majority of us in this thread (and the beer thread in general) have traded with each other multiple times and would be glad to vouch for somebody's reliability. With that said - welcome! I look forward to when you're more comfortable and interested in trading some of the local AZ beers.

yeah, anybody that posts with any frequency (including danbanana) is definitely looking out for your interests, and any advice shouldn't be taken as criticism

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

Maybe someone in SoCal here has been up to SARA so gently caress it!

In person in LA:

ISO: Nonna's Blend 7
FT: AL + O&P

And if you have Stenciled Pages or Westly to work into this deal, I have lambic to offer.

sheeeeeeit, i would've done that- too bad i drank my bottle last week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

anybody see any A Deal With the Devil turding up the shelf? if so, holler at your boy.

• Locked thread