Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001

SketchyNick posted:

Got an extra bottle of CCB Hunahpu this year so im looking to trade for some westcoast sours. Can also scrounge up other Cigar city brews (750's included) if needed.

Any sours in particular? I've got an extra bottle of Logsdon Peche n Brett, and can get most Russian River sours, including Supplication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

If you don't trade the Peche n Brett, I might be able to hook you with a Hunahpu for it. I'll have to ask a friend.

Let me know, SketchyNick hasn't posted again so I still have a bottle available.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I don't have any Hunahpu available anymore for Peche, are there any other things we can get here in Florida that you might be interested in?

Sorry, since that post I've set up a trade with somebody else. I'll post in here if I get more.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm asking because I've got a Founder's membership to Funky Buddha, who are opening up a new brewery shortly. I'll have access to a whole bunch of special releases, and I know that they are fairly well-regarded and coveted. Is this something I should probably only trade for special releases or rarer things, or what?

In my opinion, if a beer is "easy" for me to get, it's worth what I paid for it regardless of how rare or desirable it is. If it's something I've had cellared for a few years, I'll try to work out a value with whomever I'm trading with, since it's not something I can go out and replace.

In your case, since you paid a membership fee to be able to get those beers, you'll probably just have to go back and forth a bit with people. Your best bet if trading here is to just throw out some ideas of what you're looking for and negotiate until both parties are happy. Do you know yet how much these special releases are going to cost you?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Me in Reverse posted:

Weird post incoming: I am a newbie. Would anyone be willing to send me a 'starter kit' of fun/interesting stuff for either cash or anything I can obtain in the Philly area? I'm still trying to make heads or tails out of all of this stuff. Sorry/thanks.

You should go to Midorka's bottle share he posted in the main beer thread.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Angry Grimace posted:

I have a few bottles of Barrel Aged Speedway Stout available, but I'm not really sure what I want for it.

I may or may not have Duck Duck Gooze tomorrow, I'll let y'all know after the sale whether I fail or not.

If you're interested in Cascade brewery-only releases, let me know. I have an extra bottle of Elderberry and Tangerine Dream, might be able to get Manhattan NW as well.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Zam posted:

It's a good, but not great, citrusy saison. Love Buzz and several HF saisons are much better. It's quite a bit above Anchorage/Mikkeller It's Alive! though.

Also, looking to trade some Bruery Sour in the Rye Kumquat, Beauregard, Bottleworks XII ('13), Vietnamese Speedway, and several other local releases (BA Old Numbskull, Hangar 24 Pugachevs Cobra, etc). Black Tuesday ('11 and '12) and Chocolate Rain ('12 and '13) as well. Plus IPAs of course. Not looking for anything specific right now, but not looking for anything crazy for the Bruery RS beers either. Interested in somewhat limited and seasonal releases I can't get in CA.

Sending you a PM..

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

Oregoons: I'm down to my last bottle of Fred. This needs to be fixed immediately. And while you're at it I want some Dave too. And anything else you can get from HotD.

I'm in Philadelphia and have access to a bunch of stuff. I can do Tired Hands growlers, random things from Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Lets work something out! Tell me what you're looking for.

Help me help you help me.

You didn't get the memo on what they're charging for Dave. I'm going to try to get tickets for the anniversary event where they're doing a bottle sale so I'll pop back in this thread if a. I'm able to get a ticket before the BA crew clears them out and b. I get enough extras of whatever they decide to sell (not announced yet, but I'm guessing Matt and Otto.)

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Me in Reverse posted:

Otto/Matt info -- On October 11th @ 10pm, Hair of the Dog will be releasing bottles Matt and Otto for $15/bottle or $300/case (24 bottles), with a limit of one case per customer.

Hatful, If you're interested in Otto/Matt in a significant quality, maybe us and one/more Portland goons can go in on a case?

I'd also take a few bottles of the non-limited stuff.

Yeah, I saw that, not sure if I'll be able to make it yet. The anniversary event is the following month.

HOH - I've been trying to slow down on trading but I might be able to send out some Fred for you. Let me get back to you.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Me in Reverse posted:

I just want to throw it out there that Zam is an A++ trader and made me feel like an rear end in a top hat with the quantity of extras he shipped me.

Haha, agreed.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Kudosx posted:

If anyone is interested in beers from OH, I'm always down to trade.

Hoppin Frog currently has 3 brewery only releases that I can get bottles of. Cafe BORIS (coffee BORIS), Bairille Aois (Irish Whiskey BORIS), and their fresh hop pale.

Sent you a PM

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Sorry all, I had plans to pick up a case of both Matt and Otto but I underestimated the demand. There were only 100 cases of Matt and there were already 100 people in line by 7pm (doors opened at ten). The earliest I could get there was nine so it just wasn't going to happen.

I did get tickets to the anniversary event next month though and word is that bottles of Pannepooch Reserva will be available. I'll be getting as much as I can along with anything else they make available.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

dphi is my hero for helping me restock my Fred and Adam supply.

:) Let me know when you're in need again, next time we can work out a trade instead of cash - I need to whittle down my cellar a bit first.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Furious Lobster posted:

Boneyard Notorious

Do me a favor and send me a PM on Sunday. A place near work just put it on tap and last time they had it, they were doing $10 growler fills on Sundays.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
air- I'm hoping to get some Abyss this week and have been wanting to try both Bomb! and Pirate Bomb!. I'll let you know.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah, I think someone should run out there this week and grab everyone some port barrel Damon :)

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah, Sahalie, Sahati, and La Tache are easily found in PDX if you know where to go. Haven't seen El Cuatro much though. If I didn't have a few trades going already I'd hook you up.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'm curious since we're on the subject of damaged packages (the one HOH mentioned above was from me), mine showed up as damaged and unable to deliver on Friday. Since then, the tracking page doesn't show any updates. I called on Saturday and the person I talked to said the package could not be salvaged and would not be delivered or returned. She didn't mention anything about the contents and gave me instructions for filing a claim.

My question is whether this has happened to anyone here before and if it's possible that they'll eventually say that they found out the box contained beer and deny my claim? I guess it doesn't matter either way, I can just file my claim for my craft olive oil and cross my fingers, but I've heard of people's accounts being flagged once it's discovered they shipped alcohol. I still don't know how they managed to destroy a well-packed box so completely. I lined it with a trash bag so even an exploded bottle shouldn't have done too much damage.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Where in CA?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Eh, what the hell.

ISO: Hunahpu, just looking for regular but would not turn down the DB version as well

FT: Logsdon Peche n Brett, Upright Jeux D'eau, Double Mountain Krieks, Ale Apothecary stuff, Cascade brewery-only stuff, a few HotD brewery-only releases, etc.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

air- posted:

Seattle and Portland goons: will be at both cities for business in May and June. Let's set up an in person trade, I like sours and especially would like De Garde/Upright.

Can bring:
Jester King: Viking Metal, MvB, Tempranillo, Atrial
Prairie: Coffee/Vanilla/Noir, Bomb, Bible Belt
Revolution Straight Jacket
Alpine Nelson, Duet
Deschutes Abyss '10
BCBS/BCBW/Backyard
Other Texas shelf beer

e: x posting what I posted on TB.

Your mailbox is full

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

a worthy uhh posted:

You're asking for beer from a huge spread across the country.. getting it from one person is going to be difficult. Alchemist brews Heady, which isn't distributed outside of Vermont, which is 3,000 miles from Russian River, who brews Pliny, which isn't distributed outside of CA, which is 2,800 miles from Florida, where Cigar City is. Dogfish Head is pretty well distributed.

Pliny is distributed outside of CA, we get it in OR at least. Do you guys not get it in Philly?

Otherwise, yeah, you're going to have a tough time working out a trade I think with international shipping involved. Also, you'd have to find someone who is either adventurous or knows enough about Aussie craft beers to find it worthwhile.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Very tempting, but drat that's a lot in shipping on top of the case price.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Does anyone have AA Sahati? I really need that tick, I'm trying for every number one in style on Ratebeer. Also would be interested in getting that Heater Allen Amber Lager that's number one in that category.

I can probably hook you up when the next AA shipment hits Portland next month. It's probably still available in Bend but I think the few shops in Portland that carry it are all out.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

a worthy uhh posted:

Are any of you guys near Sante Adairius in Capitola, CA?

Heh, just saw the bottle release info myself. Good luck, I See a Tartness sounds pretty great.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I would definitely be interested in a GIF

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
PM'd

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Did you thaw out the Hommage and try it (assuming that's your pic)? I had some beers arrive partially frozen a year back and after thawing them in the fridge, they tasted fine and had normal carbonation.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

ExtremistCow posted:

Take few bottles of rare American beers, trade 'em if you can, pop 'em with the bartenders if you can't. They will take care of you.

Definitely do this even if you don't end up trading. I love showing up to beer bars in foreign countries with bottles from home, you can really make someone's day depending on where you are and what you bring.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah I'll usually note that I have alcohol packed on the customs card but I've never been asked about it. Customs has pretty much been a breeze whenever I've traveled.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

poop dood posted:

Not a bad game plan. Did you have it fresh? I've heard it's gotten really good now that it's had some time.

Yeah, I haven't had it fresh or in bottles but it was on tap near me recently and I thought it was delicious.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

poop dood posted:

Alright, I guess I'll give up the Vanilla Rye hunt. Thanks for the advice, guys.

I don't know where you're located so you may not have a chance to check it out but Goose Island is in the middle of their Migration week event where they travel across the US and do tasting events. That's how I got to try it on draft recently.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO Fremont coffee Bourbon Darkstar
FT hugs

Message me and let's work something out.

I plan on having my parents pick some up for me since they live up there, I'll try to get you one.

edit - poo poo, just realized Total Wine has it available to order on their site, gonna make sure my parents can pick it up and put in an order.

dphi fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 24, 2015

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Despite TW letting me order 4x bottles, they said they only had one left when my parents got there. I'll have them keep an eye out elsewhere but if anyone else can hook Hatful up, please do.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

krustster posted:

I also had a chance to order some online but I was like "ehhh do I really need this?" and when I decided a few hours later that I did in fact need it, all gone. Oh well. Are there other variants of it known to be coming this year?

I've read that that's the only variant this year. Hoping they do Cinnamon and Coffee BBomb though since that beer ruled so hard last year. That usually comes out in December, I'll be loading up if I can.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Casual Yogurt posted:

ISO: Medalla light 10oz Cans

FT: Anything you want from Southern California

I was curious enough to look this up and it seems you can get it from Sam's Club?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Josh Wow posted:

Bottles are sanitary straight off the pallet, there's really no realistic way you'd get an infection from your glass.

More likely at the filling machines, right?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Apache posted:

ISO Trillium and Treehouse fresh hops

FT Vanilla Hazelnut Zhukov

If you don't find anyone, I may be able to put you in touch with a guy that regularly gets Treehouse, and sometimes Trillium.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

air- posted:

ISO: de Garde Bu glass
FT: Cost of glass plus a thank you box from Texas

I have to wonder if someone will make knock offs of this glass at some point given the demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Mikey Purp posted:

Modern Times served up my favorite beer at GABF (Mexican Hot Chocolate Monster's Park) and I want MOAR. Anyone near the brewery who could hook me up with a big box of MT goodness (and coffee?) in exchange for some Colorado goodness? PM me and we can work out the particulars.

It's still on shelves here in Portland, $30/bottle though. Let me know if I can grab one or some for you.

• Locked thread