Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
If anyone has extra '15 Bourbon County Coffee or Regal I'd be interested in purchasing or trading for it.

I've got some fresh Heady Topper, 2015 BCBW (8 of them), and about three cases of regular 2015 BCBS, Dogfish Head Fort, and some other random stuff. I'm in the Philadelphia area so I can probably grab you anything local.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

sterster posted:

I've got 1 Regal I can let go of. I've got plenty of BCBW & BCBS. I'd be looking for stuff off of this list. Anything that is marked X or C we are not in search of.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iDfncSOI0dMeCmvHap6h0sTjoAWNzqOxAByDjLJSbiA/edit#gid=

I unfortunately have nothing you're looking for currently. You already crossed off all the easy stuff :P.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Avenged posted:

Looking for a couple bcbs. Everywhere I go they have it at 17-20$ a bottle and I refuse to pay that much.

I've got 13, 14 and 15 dark lord to trade, or anything local in Indiana (all 3 floyds distro, shorts, bells 30th, and most Sheldon bros.).

I don't have PMs, email is jasonbohm3@gmail.com.

Lemme know and we can work something out.

I have three cases of BCBS and 8 barley wines. I'd happily part with some for some dark lord and/or 3 floyds.

PM me and we can work it out.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
E-mail sent :O.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Anyone have a set of ANTEAD kicking around? I've got '15 Rare, '15 BCBS, '15 BCBW, '14 Temptation, '15 Temptation, and uhh that's probably it that is worth mentioning.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Vertigo posted:

I have yet to see any ISO ANTEAD set trades go complete or finished anywhere I look. I keep my eyes open since I got two sets, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drink em.

I've seen a few get completed in some of the Philly groups, unfortunately (for me) it is trading really high right now. A set just got sold for $280 I think if you're looking to make some $$. You would have to be careful where/how you post something like that though.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
In. Let me know what you're looking for, definitely would like to score some MW if I can. Thanks!

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Anyone know what Jackie O's BB Dark Apparition and Vanilla Coffee BB Dark Apparition have been trading for? I'm in the Philadelphia area but since the VCBBDA is new I don't want to wildly under or over ask.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Tumble posted:

I live in Burlington VT and have good access to Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper if people are interested in stocking up on it for themselves.

I really only would care to trade for some Pliny but if people are interested, I can just start buying Heady/Sip when I see it and shipping it out. What's the going rate for Heady Topper these days anyways?

I'd love to get some Heady Topper or Sip of Sunshine semi regularly. I live near Tired Hands if you have any interest in their stuff or if you have any other beers you're interested other than Pliny. I would also be willing to pay for the beer + shipping + a little extra for your trouble.

air- posted:

But you already have better IPA's :sg:

While I don't know how much a 4 pack of Heady costs, here's what I do know: I haven't seen a bottle of Pliny on a shelf in years, but I recall it being $6 or 7. Pretty sure it's $5.50 if you find someone who can directly go to Russian River.

This is correct. It is $5.50 or so at the brewery and then beer stores get their shipments during the week but it sells out usually within an hour or two of hitting the shelves. The Whole Food's on 4th gets their shipments on Wednesdays I know and it is usually gone pretty fast.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

nosleep posted:

Will there be a point when Tired Hands cans are easier to get / trade for? I'm not sure how it is now but it seems like it involves waiting in lines on releases vs. just going and picking them up at the brewery. I used to be able to fairly regularly go to Tired Hands and miss that poo poo so much. I'm in NoVa/DC so maybe if some seasonal releases from our local breweries interest anyone in Philly I'd love some TH IPAs or even Hop Hands.

I don't mind sending you some if you pay cost + label, I can usually make it to Tired Hands pretty easily because I work from home (so I go to most of the releases) but I'll be traveling for the next 2-3 weeks so it will be a little more difficult. There are a lot of Philadelphia locals in this thread it seems so I'm sure someone can hook you up if I can't.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Mode 7 Samurai posted:

Are you interested at all in Farmhouse Noir from Sante Adairius? I have some that I picked up last weekend while in town.

I drank that on Wednesday and thought it was delicious.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

danbanana posted:

Also, you don't want Abraxas. You want Cigar City's Hunahpu. Because Abraxas is like that Huna's less attractive, less athletic, and less smart cousin. There are people here who might disagree but those people are like my less attractive, less athletic, and less smart cousins!

I'm going to strongly disagree with this. Hunahpu is a bad beer, I drain poured half of a 2016 because it tasted like straight pepper (mix of green and chili) and even the 2014 I opened a few nights ago was still more pepper than I'd like. The 2016 Abraxas was much much better in my opinion. Maybe a 2012 Huna would be excellent but good lord.

Also a Rare should be able to pull more than an Abraxas or Hunahpuh. While Rare is a shelf beer the others will get made every year whereas Rare won't.

I traded a Rare for a Cycle DBR, 2014 BA Surly Darkness, and a BC Regal Rye. This was before all the infection nonsense which may have impacted what Rare is trading for (even though no reports of Rare being infected have come out yet).

Lyon fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 21, 2016

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

Whoever traded that for rare is kind of an idiot if it was 2015 but whatever dude.

Huna is actually really good and so is Abraxis. I think they're pretty equal.

Abraxas gave me a lot more cinnamon and chocolate with a hint of pepper where Huna gave me the opposite and was extremely pepper forward. To each their own.

Yes that was a particularly good trade for me, it was very close to the release and Rare was still trading really high. I didn't post the trade I just accepted the terms that were proposed. In all fairness I then bought a prop from the same guy for $125 so we probably ended up even in terms of beer to value ratio since prop was not good this year.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

sterster posted:

Rare is a 2013 bcbs beer aged in different barrels IIRC. There shouldn't theoretically, be any sort of infection that corresponds to the most recent GI fiasco.

Initially a lot of my friends and I (as well as others I'm sure) thought it had something to do with the new bottles they used and the sterilization process which would put Rare at risk even though it was 2013 BCBS aged in different barrels.

Someone in the beer thread said they traced the infection back to the barrels they used, this is still unconfirmed officially, and if that is the case then Rare is safe.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Alright so with The Alchemist reopening who is shipping us Heady, Focal, and Crusher?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Do we have anyone near Oxbow that can pick up Low Bush for me? I need that poo poo.

Didn't krustster just move up there?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Lt_Tofu posted:

For the record, I only engage in Fantasy Beer Trading.

Haha put together a list of 160 recent-ish hyped beer releases, 10 teams, everyone drafts 16 beers, and then have head to head highest secondary market value???

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Save your money and put some green peppers in a shelf stout :).

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Haha I just don't like Huna and like to be a butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I've drain poured every Huna from 2014-2017. Excited to have to drain pour this DBH once I crack it.

• Locked thread