Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

rage-saq and I are actually in the process of trading, here's what we agreed to:

From Me:
CBS 2011
Behemoth 2011
JP Luciernaga

From Rage-Saq:
FW Abacus 2011
FW Parabola 2011
FW 14th Anniversary

-----

ISO:
Lost Abbey - Any of their Sour/Wild Ales
Russian River - Pliny the Elder, Any of their Sour/Wild Ales

FT:
Jolly Pumpkin - Pretty much any of their common and seasonal stuff
Bells - Expedition Stout, Any of their year-round stuff
Shorts - ""
Founders - ""
Great Lakes Brewery - ""

I'm not necessarily ISO of any of Lost Abbeys/Russian Rivers limited releases, I'd just like a chance to even try their common beers. I just don't have a huge cellar of whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

bananasinpajamas posted:

Absolutely no imperial stouts. I'll take 6ers of awesome sessionable beers before any IS.

I want some of it and I will give you some awesome local Michigan stuff for it.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

rage-saq posted:

Corbet did you get your package today? :)

Got it! Packaged very well! I'll be sending out your bottles tomorrow.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

That sounds like a really good idea, especially since we don't really know how long trading will last on SA. Might as well just give people feedback on ratebeer since it's more reputable.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm looking to get the hook up on some Lost Abbey beers. I've gotten my hands on a bottle of the Red Barn Ale but I'd love to get the chance to get two Red Poppys and any of the following:

Cable Car
Carnevale
Cuvee De Tomme
Duck Duck Gooze
Framboise de Amorosa

I have access to anything in Michigan, Dark Horse, Bells, Founders, Great Lakes Brewery, Hoppin' Frog, Shorts, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting. PM me if you'd like to set up a trade.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

rage-saq posted:

I have sad news for you on Lost Abbey.

1: Cable Car isn't sold on shelves, its produced for Toronado and a lot of it goes to them, and if you know somebody that knows somebody you can sometimes be able to buy it at the brewery. I had one in my hands when I was in the SD Toronado but they don't do "to go" sales so I had to give it back :(
This one is nearly possible to get.

2: Carnevale is a spring or fall seasonal, I forget. You can probably find it somewhere.

3: Cuvee de Tomme is kind of their "Anniversary Beer" along with 10 Commandments. Not much of it is made and not much of it goes on shelves outside the brewery. Possible to get but not easy.

4: Duck Duck Gooze is released once every 3 years and sells out instantly. People give their left nut for it, will be very hard to go.

5: Framboise de Amorosa has been made twice and both of them are very small batches and the first one was a Sinners Club beer and the second one was brewery-only sales IIRC. Possibly to get but not easy.

So basically I shouldn't even try and get Lost Abbey beers because they're ridiculously hard to get. drat it.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Jack Skeleton posted:

I would be more worried about them either exploding or being completely flat. :v:

I was going to offer to go down for Cable Car (been meaning to do an Alpine/Stone/Pizza Port trip), but no carry out? Jesus Christ, Fuckin' Tomme.

I may have a Red Poppy from earlier this year in the cellar. I know I've seen Carnevale on the shelf somewhere, just trying to remember which Bevmo it was. Either way I need to send another package for the Acer and other BT, so I'll hit you up with the readily avaliable Lost Abbey stuff around here

Sounds good. I already know I'm going to need to send you another package in the coming weeks. Most Michigan breweries don't come in bombers so I have to send a ton of 22 ounce bottles to match 4$4. Once you've had a chance to drink some I've sent in my first package, I'll send another with beers from breweries that stood out.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 11, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

escape artist posted:

Can you get anything from Great Lakes?

I have access to Great Lakes. Where are you located and what do you have access to? Cigar City, by chance?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is anybody still looking for a bottle of CBS? I'd be willing to trade my only bottle left and I'm open to any offers. PM or e-mail me (bagofsunchips [at] gmail)

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

rage-saq posted:

Corbet is a good hookup for Behemoth. I cracked mine I got from him in our last trade and had it yesterday while brewing, pretty tasty!

I was going to speak up about having access to Behemoth but I'm not sure there are any left in my area. I'll have to do some beer hunting this weekend.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody any Captain Lawrence for trade? I'm looking to get my hands on some of their more popular beers.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

CalvinDooglas posted:

Alright, I guess the local trade isn't gonna happen...

Anyway, here's my Barleywine/DIPA Season ISO list:

Old Ruffian
Hopslam
Behemoth
Maharaja

I can get some Behemoth while I'm home for Thanksgiving weekend, if you want a bottle I can do $4$. PM or E-mail me. bagofsunchips [at] gmail.

EDIT: Also, I'm looking to get my hands on a bottle or two of The Bruery's 3 French Hens. Does anybody happen to have a case they've been sitting on? I really don't want to pick up some bottles on eBay while I still have the chance.

EDIT: Don't know how common these are, but I have access to Hoppin' Frog's DORIS, BORIS, and Barrel Aged BORIS

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 26, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Anybody interested in Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Grand Reserve or Dark Horse Bourbon Barrel Aged Plead the Fifth?

They were both released over the weekend and I have some extras to trade.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 11, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

yes, especially the former, but i'm not sure i have anything equally spectacular to trade.

Actually, I'll trade a bottle for Blushing Monk.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I plan on hitting up Kuhnhenn's Winter Solstice 2011 on Wednesday where they'll be releasing the following in bottles:

Duvil in Ms. Jones
Bourbon Barrel Aged Fourth Dementia
Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine
Fourth Dementia Olde Ale
Tenacious Cassis (1- 6oz bottle per person)
Vintage Ale
Dark Heathen Triple Bock
Solar Eclipse Imperial Stout
Winter Wonder Lager
Cherry Olde Brune
Nine
Metry’s Winter Lager

---

A lot of these beers are pretty sought after (Kuhnhenn doesn't really distribute bottles) and if anybody is interesting, I wouldn't mind picking something specific up if someone wants to trade for some.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

If anybody is looking for some Bell's Hopslam, I shouldn't have any issues sending some to anybody who is interested. I'm looking for the following:

-Cash (because shipping/buying beers can get expensive, and I'm fine buying beers and shipping them out for little profit, if any)
-Cascade Brewery (Multiples of Apricot Ale, Sang Royal, Kriek Ale)
-Brasserie Fantôme (pretty much anything)
-3 Fonteinen (pretty much anything)
-Cantillon (pretty much anything)
-Captain Lawrence (pretty much anything)
-Cigar City (pretty much anything)

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 2, 2012

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

RobBorer posted:

Just got a package from Corbet, who hooked me up with a midwest variety pack. Yay beer!

Glad it arrived safe and sound, sorry it took so long. The holidays and work have been hectic.

Enjoy!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Kai_Sunsoul posted:

FT: The List

Not as extensive as some. Also, everything has their price, some are just going to require really awesome offers to pry away from me. I live in Indy right now and have access to a number of good things, and there are several breweries really ramping up in the city. Speaking of, I'm keen on trading off some Sun King which is Indiana's third largest brewery. They can instead of bottle as well. I have unlimited access to their main line-up of canned things (Sunlight cream ale, Osiris Pale, and Wee Mac Brown). Right now I also have several cans of their GABF winning Scotch Ale, the Wee Muckle, that was given a limited run.

What I want: A lot of what you can't get around here: Cigar City, Lost Abbey, Port, Alaskan, etc etc. I'd be up for the special releases but also just trading good local standbys is appealing.

I'm just curious, do you have access to Upland Brewery's Lambics? Are they hard to find? I've been meaning to get my hands on some for the past year or so.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sublimer posted:

As far as I've seen they're pretty hard to come by outside of Bloomington, In. Last time I was in Bloomington, they had plenty of the strawberry but that was the only one. There is one store in Louisville, Ky. where I've seen peach, raspberry, and kiwi. Other than that, nothing. I think it depends on the time of the year as to which fruit lambic gets released.

Well if you ever see any, grab them and I'll trade you something or buy them off you.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Kai_Sunsoul posted:

I live a few blocks from the tap room in Indy and they usually have several of them available. Are there any flavors in particular you're looking for, I'll swing by this week and pick some up.

Honestly, I'll take anything except Raspberry. Preferably I'd want Persimmon, Kiwi, or Blackberry.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've got some of the following "rare" beers that I'm looking to trade:

-Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Grand Reserve 2011
-Dark Horse Bourbon Barrel Plead the Fifth
-Kuhnhenn Bourbon Barrel 4th Dementia

All are very well reviewed and pretty sought after. Looking for:

Upland Lambics
Lost Abbey limiteds
Cantillon Beers (any)
3 Fonteinen (any)
Abyss
Darkness
Three Floyds (gumballhead, zombie dust)

and any rare beers not available in the midwest. I have a preference toward lambics/kriek/flanders/sours.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody happen to live close to Russian River and want to set up some type of regular trading for their more rare releases (like the next round of Beatification)?

I live in the midwest and tend to go to any of the following breweries for major releases:

-Kuhnhenn (Barrel Aged 4D release 2x a year in bottles)
-Dark Horse (Barrel Aged Plead the Fifth every December)
-Founders (Backstage releases, KBS in March)
-Bells (Black Note Stout, but who knows if I'll even have a chance to get there in time)
-Jolly Pumpkin (La Roja Grand Reserve)
-Three Floyds (Dark Lord in March)
-Upland (Lambics)
-Jackie O's (tons of barrel aged stuff, 2-3 bottle releases every couple months)

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 21, 2012

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

Just a note: Pliny the Younger is never bottled or growlered.

Thanks, fixed! I forgot that there are still some highly hyped beers that aren't bottled.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

UPS Ground does not move on Saturday, that's normal, and the reason it took so long to get there was because of severe weather delays between the two of you (there was even a train derailment in Montana; maybe your box got all shook up?), which likely would have had the same effect on a FedEx shipment. upgrading the shipping would not have helped in this case, not to mention increased the price significantly. lovely about the bottles, though, sorry to hear that.

Any advice on preventing another mishap? Perfectly Cromulent has offered to send me two replacement bottles, which is really awesome, and I'd hate for it to happen again.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody want to trade me a 4-pack of Terapin Wake N Bake and a 4-pack of Terapin Moo Hoo?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is anybody here planning on going to Cigar City's Hunahpu day? I'd really like to get my hands on a bottle or two.

I have access to the following:
Bruery Reserve Society beers (Filmishmish, Mother Funker, Choco Rye, Sour in the Rye, White Oak)
Founders (KBS, Curmudgeon's Better Half)
Future Jackie O's releases
Jolly Pumpkin Bambic
Dark Horse BBA Plead the Fifth
Kunhhenn BBA 4th Dementia

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody in the Colorado/Denver area want to do some trades? I'm looking to get some bottles from Funkwerks and Crooked Stave, along with some other microbrews I may not be familiar with.

I live in the midwest so I have access to most breweries in the Michigan/Ohio area.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 21, 2012

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Whisker Biscuit posted:

Anyone interested in a non rare stuff trade?

I am in Kalamazoo, Michigan and thus have access to fresh Bells, Founders, Dark Horse, and Arcadia beers. I can also get a lot of Jolly Pumpkin stuff and could be persuaded to get growler fills from the Livery (https://www.liverybrew.com) or Hopcat (https://www.hopcat.com). Or from founders, for that matter, they have tons of rad pub only stuff.

ANYWAY.

I'm looking for some relatively common beer that I just can't get here. I'm hoping to trade a six pack or two for the same in return.

Specific wants:

Firestone Velvet Merlin
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Cigar City Tocobaga
Three Floyds Gumballhead
New Glarus Cabin Fever

I'm open to other ideas if you have some rad local beer I ought to try, though! I just want to taste some great new stuff!

I have access to Troegs Nugget Nectar (I'm in Ohio) and I'd be willing to trade for some Bell's General Store releases. It's a shame you didn't post this a couple weeks ago, I would have had you pick up some Wild One when it was still available.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Whisker Biscuit posted:

Wait until they release raspberry wild one (never) it's stupidly good. Like a wilder supplication.

I've heard good things but I'm pretty sure it hasn't even had a label approved.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've had multiple pre-trades fall through on this but I'll try again because I know people were able to get more than their allotment:

Looking for 2012 Hunahpu, preferably a bottle or two if possible.

Haves:

2012 KBS
Curmudgeon's Better Half
Dark Horse Bourbon Barrel Plead the Fifith
Khunhenn Bourbon Barrel 4th Dementia
Khunhenn Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine
Jolly Pumpkin Bambic
Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Grand Reserve
Bruery Filmishmish
Bruery Black Tuesday '11
Future Jackie O's releases (3/24 - Kentucky Monk, Baklava Braggot, Vanilla Rum Apparition)

A lot of those are pretty rare and might not have the hype behind them but definitely lower bottle numbers. I really wanna try some fresh Hunahpu but its gotten to the point where I'll probably fly down to Florida for next year's event (my grandparents live 30 minutes from Tampa)

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody have any East End Gratitude to trade? I've been on a barley wine kick and I really want to try it. Doesn't matter the year.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Do we have any Vermont goons looking to trade? I'd like to get my hands on some Lawsons, Hill Farmstead, and Heady Topper.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 11, 2012

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody happen to have any Bourbon County Bramble left from last year? I'd love to get my hands on one.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I have some Hunahpu for trade as well. Mainly interested in sours, but I'll entertain all offers.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Speaking of Cantillon, I'm in search of Fou Foune, St. Lamvinus, and the 3 Lou Pepe varieties. I know these are the more difficult to find Cantillons but I figured I'd try. I have Hunahpu '13 for trade, Raspberry Eisbock (Kuhnhenn), Black Note, Dark Lord '12, Back Tuesday, White Chocolate, Melange #3, and tons more.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

I live in Belgium and I'm going to the US next month and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested to set up a trade. I think I could pick up pretty much anything you can think of other than obscure ones that would require me to actually go to their brewery (like Westvleteren) cause I don't have a car. I get a free checked bag anyway so I'd just check the beers and then pick up one of those bevmo shipping boxes when I land and send it there. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for though, but I am going to Arizona so nothing I could buy there would be a start. I also like hoppy beer but all beer is ok in my book.

I'd be interested in some cantillon too, particularly any of the Lou Pepe series, Saint Lamvinus, and Fou Foune. I can get you Three Floyd stuff, including Dark Lord, Founders including KBS, Bells, Cigar City , Bruery.

Email me at bagofsunchips (at) gmail.com

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Ezrem posted:

I can get Raspberry Tart or Serendipity pretty easily and also have some of practically every New Glarus unplugged/thumbprint made in the last few years in my cellar. Last year's Apple Ale, Cherry Stout, Cran-bic (both years actually, the old stuff is really funky, oaky and sour), Enigma, ABT, Barley Wine, Smoked Rye, maybe a Chocolate Abbey or two, even a few bottles of Imperial Saison still.

I also have a few cellared bottles of Surly Darkness (09 and maybe 10), and FFF Dark Lord (09-11).

What would you want out of that to part with a black note? Also are they 12 oz or bombers?

Not to hijack the trade that's developing but do you have any New Glarus R&D sours they've made like Kriek, Sour Ale, or Gueuze? I've been meaning to try some, I've only had Enigma.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Figured I'd ask this before I go over to BA:

Anybody with access to New Glarus want to trade? Looking for a couple sixers of the Berliner and a few of the 20th Anniversary. I have no idea how hard these are to get, I can definitely hook you up with some good beers.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Caselogic.com posted:

A couple of friends and I managed to be down by Troegs for a graduation when they released Splinter Gold last week and ended up with an extra bottle of two to hang onto or trade. If someone was looking to try one, I probably could move one for some interesting regional yearly/rare beers from the Midwest/West Coast/Florida. We are in the northeast part of PA's distribution so we don't see most rarer west coast beers, BCBS and variants, CCB fun stuff, etc.

PM'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

broom posted:

Hey grabbed 4 bottles of 20th anniversary and can get as many 4 packs of Berliner as you want. Where are you located and what you got?

Bottles were $7 and 4-packs are $10.

Located in Michigan, please reach out to me at bagofsunchips [at] gmail

• Locked thread