Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Corbet posted:

Does anybody want to trade me a 4-pack of Terapin Wake N Bake and a 4-pack of Terapin Moo Hoo?

I can make this happen. Where are you located/what do you have to trade? I'm into awesome German/Belgian/English styles mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Somebody in Florida send me some Cigar City Oderus Ale please. In return I'll send you Wicked Weed beers or fancy brewery only Sierra Nevada stuff or anything around Asheville.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Nobody should be jealous of somebody buying cases of Wicked Weed. Great beers on tap, terrible in bottles (and expensive, too).

We're working hard to ensure this doesn't happen anymore. We set up a brand new lab when the production facility opened and have a QA supervisor who knows his poo poo. I haven't had any off bottles in a long time but we don't pasteurize the beer and a decent amount of the beers get packaged at a low carbonation level and finish off in the bottle so there will always be some bottle variation. If you do ever get an off bottle contact us and we'll do our best to make things right.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Bottles are sanitary straight off the pallet, there's really no realistic way you'd get an infection from your glass.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

dphi posted:

More likely at the filling machines, right?

You can get infections at bottle/keg/can fillers if they aren't cleaned properly but it's not very common. With barrel aged beers the main infection point would definitely be in the barrel.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Those should also be entirely aseptic and if they aren't it's because someone royally hosed up.

Beer bottle fillers generally aren't asceptic, that's more for dairy and beverages that can harbor bacteria harmful to humans. They should be properly cleaned and sanitized to kill any beer spoiling organisms though and I'm sure Goose Island does a fine job with that.

• Locked thread