Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I just started to get into microbrews... and I really really want to try one of the Pliny's, but none are available anywhere close to OH.

I'm going to do my best to start saving up some of the nice seasonals from around here in hopes of being able to trade for them one day. I live in Akron, OH... about to go up to Hoppin Frog to see if they have any Barrel Aged BORIS Royale lying around when I'm free this week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Imasalmon posted:

I have a bottle of pliny that I'll trade you. I'll want to send it this week, though.

No problem! PM'd you back.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Jack Skeleton posted:

Looking to see if anyone has access to or has Great Divide Barrel Aged Yeti or Barrel Aged BORIS Royale from Hoppin' Frog.

I went to Hoppin Frog earlier today and was told they will probably never brew Barrel Aged BORIS Royale again :(

I wish you the best of luck finding some, it sounds delicious!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Does anybody have access to a ridiculous amount of Pliny? I'm talking like 8+ bottles, and at least 2.5 weeks fresh of when you'd able to ship.

I understand that at most places there's a limit of a few bottles, but I'm not sure if you can get a bunch if you know the right people...

This is just mostly for reference, I probably won't be able to trade for a month or two!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Angry Grimace posted:

The condition that "I don't know when I want them but they have to be fresh" is a bit difficult too, I think since most places that get them just get them whenever Russian River happens to ship them. But good luck!

This is why I posted in advance... I was wondering if anyone lived very close to the brewery.

I just traded and got 2 bottles that had been bottled 2 and a half weeks prior to me receiving them, and the person I traded with doesn't live incredibly close to the brewery, so I didn't think it would be that difficult for someone who does live close!

Toxx posted:

Goodluck! When I left Santa Rosa I took with me what I could from the brewpub and that unfortunately only amounted to 6 plinys at the time.

I would be down for trading 6 Pliny's if that's all I could get. 8 was just a high "oh gee it would be awesome if I could actually get this many fresh". It just kinda sucks to really want several of one beer specifically in a trade and only being able to get ~2-3 when it's not really a rare beer that has limited releases (it does in some senses, but not like many 'rare' beers).

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Edit: woops sorry

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 29, 2012

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

PuppyKicker posted:

I still have a source that has 6 packs of Hopslam. Unfortunately, they want 29.95 per 6 pack. I can also get KBS for $20 per bottle. This place is an absolute ripoff, however it's also the best selection in Pennsylvania, given our crazy liquor laws.

What. the. fuckkkkkkkkk

That's literally just not worth it, archaic liquor laws, or not.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Do any of you have access to Kuhnhenn? I'd love to try one of their meads they've released for their March event. I have a bunch of BA Blackout Stout, a few bottles of Black Note, and other sorts of things.

I'm also interested in a bottle of Hunahpu, although I'm not quite sure I have rare enough stuff that people would want to trade me.

e: I'd also be willing to trade an entire four pack of BA Blackout ($30) for a bottle of raspberry eisbock ($30)

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 13, 2013

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I've got some 2013 KBS, 2012 Black Note, and 2013 BBA Blackout Stout which I'm looking to trade. I'd be willing to part with 1 bottle of KBS/Black Note, and up to a four pack of BBA Blackout.

I'm looking for big stouts with limited distribution, and sours. Let me know if you are interested in anything I've got, I'm looking to trade in the next two-three weeks.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Kudosx posted:

I've got some 2013 KBS, 2012 Black Note, and 2013 BBA Blackout Stout which I'm looking to trade. I'd be willing to part with 1 bottle of KBS/Black Note, and up to a four pack of BBA Blackout.

I'm looking for big stouts with limited distribution, and sours. Let me know if you are interested in anything I've got, I'm looking to trade in the next two-three weeks.

I would just also like to say that I'm very, very interested in a lot of stuff from New Glarus. If any of you are from WI, or have access to New Glarus, and you're interested in trading, please let me know!

I'm mostly interested in Raspberry Tart, and Serendipity. I'd also probably be down for some Apple Ale, and various other NG releases. Thanks a ton!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Ezrem posted:

I can get Raspberry Tart or Serendipity pretty easily and also have some of practically every New Glarus unplugged/thumbprint made in the last few years in my cellar. Last year's Apple Ale, Cherry Stout, Cran-bic (both years actually, the old stuff is really funky, oaky and sour), Enigma, ABT, Barley Wine, Smoked Rye, maybe a Chocolate Abbey or two, even a few bottles of Imperial Saison still.

I also have a few cellared bottles of Surly Darkness (09 and maybe 10), and FFF Dark Lord (09-11).

What would you want out of that to part with a black note? Also are they 12 oz or bombers?

I sent you a PM, lets work something out!

Darkness and Dark Lord vintages are worth way more than what I've got, but I'd love to get some New Glarus from you.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

ExtremistCow posted:

My boss was travelling and asked if I wanted anything from Three Floyds. My response was "as much Permanent Funeral as you can get". He literally got me the maximum, which was two cases. Totally fine because this beer is amazing, but I seriously doubt I'll drink this much before faded hops, bro. Anyone interested?

I'm willing to go $4$, here's a sampling of what I'd love to try:

Heady Topper (I've brewed with Conan yeast, but have never had a chance to try this)
Hardywood Gingerbread Stout
Barrel Aged Blackout
Surly
Crooked Stave
Also sours. I like sours.

Anything I can't get in Michigan would be appreciated.

PM'd you!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I know it hasn't been released yet, but if any TX goons get a spare bottle of Jester King Atrial Rubicite, I'm very interested in trading for one.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

funkybottoms posted:

any Ohio goons hitting up Jackie O's on the 17th for the release or Evelyn and Chunga's Oud Bruin? if so, i would like to talk to you!

Any info on this? I tried to find stuff about it via facebook/their website but couldn't find anything. Depending on the bottle limit, I might be willing to make the 3 hour drive there...

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Imasalmon posted:

How do y'all go about determining fair value for trades? Someone offered me Hardywood gingerbread stout, bourbon gingerbread stout, and a can of heady topper for one of my jester king atrial rubicite's, which sounds decent to me, but an acquaintance at the bar told me to hold out for more. Any advice on how to determine appropriate trade value?

Also, I have a bottle of atrial rubicite I'm willing to trade (outside of the one mentioned above), if anyone is particularly interested.

I could offer you something else if you'd like - I've been on the look out for an atrial rubicite.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
If anyone is interested in beers from OH, I'm always down to trade.

Hoppin Frog currently has 3 brewery only releases that I can get bottles of. Cafe BORIS (coffee BORIS), Bairille Aois (Irish Whiskey BORIS), and their fresh hop pale.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
If any Oklahoma goons get Pirate Bomb, I am very interested in trading for some.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Angry Grimace posted:

FT: Kern River Brewing Company Citra. I have the bottles in hand, only three days old.

I've been looking for fresh Heady Topper or Zombie Dust for a while but had no takers or offers. Let me know if you want to work something out.

I'd love to do this, but it's a pretty big crap shoot as to when we'll get fresh ZD into OH. Sometimes we see it a few times a month, sometimes we only see it once a month. I'll let you know if I get some in tomorrow or Thursday.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
FT: BORIS VanWinkle

ISO: Bourbon County Coffee, and Backyard Rye. I'm also interested in Beatification, or any other cool brewery-only sour.

Only 190 cases of BVW being released, and this is probably the only time it will be done in the foreseeable future. I'm getting a pretty good amount, so let me know if you want to trade (even if you don't have anything I listed in my ISO - I love all beer).

Me in Reverse posted:

^^Also ISO.

But what I came here for, ISO 2013 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 4pack, 2 Backyard Rye Bourbon County Brand Stout bombers.

This stuff is coming to Philly, just FYI. If you look for it, you could probably find it. We can't get it in OH due to ABV cap :(

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Nov 25, 2013

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Me in Reverse posted:

Did I arrange a trade with one of you guys for BORIS Van Wink? I can't remember :smith:

I've been terrible at responding to messages and responses in this thread, but I can trade you a VanWink. I may not be able to ship for like a week because I have so many trades lined up, but I've got some extra bottles.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Apache posted:

Any interest in CCB Don Gavino? I can reserve an extra 2 bottles for trading purposes tomorrow if someone is interested.

I'd be interested in trading a bottle of BORIS VanWinkle 1:1 for a Don Gavino, if you'd be down.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 4, 2013

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

broom posted:

Anyone want some Central Waters 16? I am only planning to get 4 of my 8 allocation and I am sure we can work something out.

Details here: http://centralwaters.brownpapertickets.com/

I'm also interested in 2 bottles, if that would be a possibility. Thanks!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
ISO: Jester King Cerveza de Tempranillo & Montmorency vs Balaton, Hunahpu or DB Hunahpu, anything super cool that I can't get in OH

FT: BORIS VanWink, '13 BA Blackout, other stuff. I have a pretty extensive cellar, so let me know what you're looking for if you have these beers. I work for Hoppin Frog, so I have almost anything we've released.

e: Also have Jackie O's sours I'd consider trading, all with around 400 bottle count.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 11, 2014

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Imasalmon posted:

Just picked up Montmorency vs Balaton, and Cerveza De Tempranillo from Jester King. I'm really just looking for delicious stuff I haven't had. I favor stouts, typically, and smoky beers. Crazy weird flavors and the like. For some specifics of things I have liked in the past, Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Dark Lord, hunahpu, Black Tuesday and variants, and Goose Island Night Stalker.

PM'd!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

wattershed posted:

DB Huna for Veritas 013, is one party being screwed there or is that a relatively fair trade? All the chatter of people rolling out of CCB with cases of DBH is throwing my perception off a bit.

I guess this is also my way of saying I'll have 4 bottles of V013 for trade...

Not sure if I have the ammo, but I'm sending you a PM.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
ISO: V013

FT: '13 Fou Foune +. The + can be other loons, or some American rarities. Thought I had a trade lined up, but it didn't go through. Pretty sure this is more than fair though... PM or kudoss at gmail dot com

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

a worthy uhh posted:

Gonna throw one last bone out there: ISO Aurelian, Nocturn, MvB and CdT. If you've got them, let's talk.

I'm drinking all of these for my Birthday on Sunday if you want to drive out to Cleveland for a tasting :)

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

Midorka posted:

Ft: backyard rye, I so: HF Brother Soigne and Anna. Willing to negotiate, but I want to keep this a cheap trade please.

Your best bet for completing a trade like this would most likely be on beeradvocate or reddit. There's way more people in the New England area on those sites than there are here.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Growler it forward is a great idea. There's tons of breweries out there putting out stellar stuff that's not available in cans/bottles, but is available for growler fills. Count me in!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

incoherent posted:

Hello goons, I'm interested in trading growlers from a few excellent breweries that i'm local too. Their beers are so good, i'm willing to send them out to people to spread their quality around.

One will even fill a 64oz growler :getin:. You send it to me, I'll get it filled. Let your faith in craft beer be tested.

It would probably be way more cost effective to just have people send you money/beer for the growler. Shipping an empty 64 oz growler would almost certainly be more expensive than getting a brand new one. Around me empty 64 oz screw top growlers go for ~$5, and I know shipping one would cost quite a bit more, if you include the cost of packaging materials.

Either way, I'm sure people will be interested. Thanks for the nice offer!

Edit: After rereading your post, I may have just misunderstood you. Either way, cheers!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
It's finally warm enough to ship beer!

FT: Jackie O's A Token of our Extreme

ISO: Lost Abbey Veritas015

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Not sure how many of you goons made it out to HF, but I figure it's worth posting this here too...

FT: Crooked Stave WWBV
ISO: Flora B&B

Simple 1:1 is cool with me

e: Actually a simple 1:1 probably wouldn't get done, so I could add a bunch if anyone is interested in WWBV.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 20, 2015

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

a worthy uhh posted:

Buy a Blabaer off of MBC and bring it, THANKS

I'll bring the Don Q and Selectie C

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Not sure how many multiples people are actually able to get, but it's worth a shot since there's so many Philly goons...

FT: Crooked Stave WWBV + Jackie O's Bourbon Barrel Black Maple

ISO: Para 4

2:1

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Not sure how many trades are still getting done on here, but I know there's a lot of Philly beer goonz, so it's worth a shot...

ISO:
Intensely juicy dank beautiful (copy&paste)
Other recent TH stuff

FT:
Schramm's (Black Agnes, Ginger, Nutmeg, Raspberry, and The Statement)

Jackie O's (BA Oro, Champion Ground, Spirit Beast, etc.)

Shaun and Jean are two of my favorite brewers, I'd love to try this! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

funkybottoms posted:

if you ever want to trade Veil for mead...

We can probably work something out before winter hits! I also saw you're interested in Tej, and I believe the shop that I work in has some. I'm on vacation for another few days, but should be able to look into that early next week.

• Locked thread