Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scrapez posted:

Yes. The ad says you have to be at least 6'4" to ride it. :suicide:

Edit: Requirements to ride:- 6' 4' tall or at least 15 stone!!! there is 15" Ground clearence under the sump.

Ugh, my bet is it rides and handles like crap, so jacked up like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

You should see some of the mutations that have shown up on ADVrider.

This guy (http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681994) was already a legend before this year and then he came out with this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

redscare posted:

You should see some of the mutations that have shown up on ADVrider.

This guy (http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681994) was already a legend before this year and then he came out with this:

Holy poo poo! Well I'm pretty much reading all 143 pages of that thread so thank you. That seems like it would be one heavy mother. I have the same air cleaner insert as him. :)

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Doug's the man, anyone that can ride around the world on a 62 hardtail chopper is ok in my book.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Retarded Pimp posted:

Doug's the man, anyone that can ride around the world on a 62 hardtail chopper is ok in my book.

I read that entire hardtail report in :aaa: mode because I can't imagine spending 5 minutes on a hardtail, never mind going around the world.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I put down all my miles on a hardtail.

Here's my girl bike. Well, it's not actually a Sporto I suppose, it's a 99 Buell Lightning 12. Save all the boring jokes about it being a stupid chopper.

This isn't the most recent photo. It was right around when I was buttoning everything up.

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 29, 2011

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

ATTN CAHOG: here's a video clip of my ironhead XLS I shot today:
http://youtu.be/mx_lDdhlt3w

No highway riding so I didn't bust out the boots.

CombatMedic
Feb 26, 2004

ANUDDAH SUCCESSFOOL PRECEEDJUH!
What's the best way to pick up a biker slut?

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

CombatMedic posted:

http://www.dscbikeshop.com/viberider.html

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Choom Gangster posted:

Here's my girl bike. Well, it's not actually a Sporto I suppose, it's a 99 Buell Lightning 12. Save all the boring jokes about it being a stupid chopper.

This isn't the most recent photo. It was right around when I was buttoning everything up.

Is that a car tire on the rear?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Choom Gangster posted:

Hows stopping w/ no front brake?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

0-60-0 in 35 minutes and 12 miles

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

CombatMedic posted:

By the love handles, of course.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

CombatMedic posted:

Break up with her daughter

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

hayden. posted:

Is that a car tire on the rear?

Yeah. It's a Firestone Deluxe Champion 500 x 16.

n8r posted:

Hows stopping w/ no front brake?

It's good. I have a nice setup on the rear, 4 piston Tokico on a 11.5" aluminum Wilwood rotor.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Choom Gangster posted:

I was thinking about doing this but the Vredestein that everyone uses is an inch off to fit my current wheel, and the modifications for a different wheel really wouldn't justify the savings on the tire after factoring in the "test pilot" aspect of darksiding. How do you like it?

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Schlieren posted:

I was thinking about doing this but the Vredestein that everyone uses is an inch off to fit my current wheel, and the modifications for a different wheel really wouldn't justify the savings on the tire after factoring in the "test pilot" aspect of darksiding. How do you like it?

It works as well as it's motorcycle counterpart. I was running vintage tires to begin with, so that compromise had already been made. I chose the car version because it's rated to higher speeds than the motorcycle tire.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
I just ordered some grip heaters for my XR. Should make for a fun project next Saturday.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

redscare posted:

I just ordered some grip heaters for my XR. Should make for a fun project next Saturday.

I have to install frame sliders, wanna make an install day out of it?

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

SaNChEzZ posted:

I have to install frame sliders, wanna make an install day out of it?

Sure, shoot me a pm

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Choom Gangster posted:

It's good. I have a nice setup on the rear, 4 piston Tokico on a 11.5" aluminum Wilwood rotor.

Good with an aluminum rotor being your only active brake?

http://www.wilwood.com/Rotors/RotorList1.aspx?mktname=Aluminum%20Sprint%20/%20Midget%20Rotor-42T

"Unsafe for street use & unsuitable for most forms of Racing."

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blooot posted:

http://www.wilwood.com/Rotors/RotorList1.aspx?mktname=Aluminum%20Sprint%20/%20Midget%20Rotor-42T

Haha you think a chopper/bobber/whatever owner would rather brake safely and live rather than fit an image.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Im going to be renting a hardley in Miami (Friend who rides visiting for my wedding wants the full 'American experience' or something).

If you could ride any harley for 1-2 days, which would you ride?

At the moment leaning towards a v-rod since at least its not super slow..

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
It depends on what you're used to riding. The V-Rods are a bit notorious for uncomfortable riding positions. I'd probably stick to the Sporters since they're lightest and most are close to standard ergos. Get a 1200cc for pep if you're worried, get an XR1200X if they have them.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

GanjamonII posted:

Im going to be renting a hardley in Miami (Friend who rides visiting for my wedding wants the full 'American experience' or something).

If you could ride any harley for 1-2 days, which would you ride?

At the moment leaning towards a v-rod since at least its not super slow..

Odds are their selection will be limited and you'll end up on a Fat Boy (especially since its Florida), but if you actually get a choice, Snowdens Secret covered it pretty good. A Sportster will do you well, highly doubt they'll be renting XR1200s. I doubt one even exists in Florida period. V-Rods aren't uncomfortable per se, but only if you're tall. If you're below 6', you'll be stretched out. I'd totally rock one, but I'm 6'4".

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
You go full dresser of course! Car stereo, straight pipes the whole nine. It's just two days; live a little, jeez. It will be awesome.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Blooot posted:

I don't know why I thought it was Alu, my rotor is stainless.

CombatMedic
Feb 26, 2004

Since I'm apparently the forums standard-bearer for the V-rod, the 2012 Night Rod Special is way more comfortable than the previous model years. I'm 6' and it fits me perfect. Upright seating and no more "clamshell" position.

However, there's no way you'll get a '12 as a rental.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Choom Gangster posted:

That's hands down the most stupid thing I've seen in here. I'm so sorry, but I can't even think about a joke that'll fit this.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CombatMedic posted:

Since I'm apparently the forums standard-bearer for the V-rod, the 2012 Night Rod Special is way more comfortable than the previous model years. I'm 6' and it fits me perfect. Upright seating and no more "clamshell" position.

However, there's no way you'll get a '12 as a rental.

My #1 complaint about the vrod was the taco seating position. It instantly made my tailbone fall asleep. I should try a night rod sometime

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I have a couple of Buells, do I fail at club joining?

I do like to go on poker runs dressed in full gear just to piss off the Harley guys because my little Buell sounds better.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
I got a 2000 buell blast on craigslist a few months ago:

things I've fixed so far:
  • new avon viper stryke tires
  • new rear wheel bearings
  • new rear rotor
  • new air filter
  • engine oil & filter
  • new low seat
  • rejetted to match v & h exhaust that came from po

things I still plan to do:
  • replace front blinker
  • change primary/transmission oil
  • front pads
  • brake fluid

Giblet Plus! fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 14, 2011

CombatMedic
Feb 26, 2004

Giblet Plus! posted:

I got a 2000 buell blast on craigslist a few months ago:

things I've fixed so far:
  • new avon viper stryke tires
  • new rear wheel bearings
  • new rear rotor
  • new air filter
  • engine oil & filter
  • new low seat
  • rejetted to match v & h exhaust that came from po

things I still plan to do:
  • replace front blinker
  • change primary/transmission oil
  • front pads
  • brake fluid

Why not just smash your dick repeatedly with a hammer instead?

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

CombatMedic posted:

Why not just smash your dick repeatedly with a hammer instead?

well this way i'm riding a bike so shut the gently caress up

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
Buell hate in a Harley thread. Oh my!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
There's a difference between Buell hate and Buell Blast hate

CombatMedic
Feb 26, 2004

Well, one one hand, I respect anyone who rides, and if your bike works for you, then gently caress anyone who thinks otherwise.

But I did my MSF class on a blast, and they just seemed...dangerous.

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
How so? I'm genuinely interested here as I've never actually ridden a Buell before and only hear nothing but bad things about the blast.

What about it felt dangerous to you?

se: Giblet, what are your thoughts on the blast? What bothers you and what do you love?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Buell Blast - The bike so lovely, that Buell themselves acknowledged they were better crushed into a cube than ridden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I rode a blast when my mom had one years ago. The most memorable thing was how the seat pushed me forward so all of my weight was on my balls. I really wanted to ride a motorcycle but couldn't because it was a literal kick in the nuts.

• Locked thread